Galaxy Note 2 thru Sprint thru Amazon wireless?

Search This thread

antisouless

Jul 12, 2012
It's 70$ with a plan thru Sprint. Sprint would offer unlimited data with no caps and unlimited texting for about 70 or 80 bucks a month.

So my question is(if you've gotten one thru this method)...
How is Sprint?
Is there a catch?

boonemeat

Aug 1, 2010
It's 70$ with a plan thru Sprint. Sprint would offer unlimited data with no caps and unlimited texting for about 70 or 80 bucks a month.

How is Sprint?
Is there a catch?

I just got one yesterday matter of fact. Sprint seems great and the fact that they still offer unlimited data is awesome. Switched from AT&T

mr pnut

Oct 20, 2011
Compton Ca.

How is Sprint?
Is there a catch?

Im currently on sprint unlimited plan $70 the only thing is they only give you 400min land line and everything else unlimited but I really dont care about land line I dont really call out, so your bill would be $85 every month.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

t4d73

Sep 28, 2011
Yeah Ups delivered mine on Tuesday from Amazon. I absolutely love this thing. It was an upgrade from my epic touch so it cost me $199 which is still not bad considering Sprint sells them for $299. Well worth it. It's so awesome compared to what I'm used to in a phone. My e4gt was nice but you just can't compare the two at all really. Been with Sprint for 15 yrs too and no complaints.

sekigah84

Jan 14, 2009
New York City
The phone is great. Sprint on the other hand, maybe not so much. Sprint is known to be slow. HORRIBLY Slow 3G. If you aren't in a LTE area, I would weight this heavily.

If you have access to a lot of WIFI points where you normally go around, its not bad. Im in NYC. Speeds are horribly slow sometimes. Othertimes, they are manageable. By horribly slow, I mean less than 500kbps. Its more like 1X than 3G.

When you go to network vision areas (upgraded 3G / LTE areas) you do see a speed boost, somewhere around 800 kbps to about 1.3 mbps. Still probably slow or just reaching Verizon 3G speeds.

The only perk is unlimited data no throttling or caps (except roaming).

Reactions: SantinoInc

JamesChilds

Jan 3, 2012
Lakeland
Keep in mind, Best Buy price matches Amazon. I bought my GN2 with Add a line price from Amazon Wireless. Walked out the same day, I hate to wait.

yankees45us

May 5, 2008
The phone is great. Sprint on the other hand, maybe not so much. Sprint is known to be slow. HORRIBLY Slow 3G. If you aren't in a LTE area, I would weight this heavily.

If you have access to a lot of WIFI points where you normally go around, its not bad. Im in NYC. Speeds are horribly slow sometimes. Othertimes, they are manageable. By horribly slow, I mean less than 500kbps. Its more like 1X than 3G.

When you go to network vision areas (upgraded 3G / LTE areas) you do see a speed boost, somewhere around 800 kbps to about 1.3 mbps. Still probably slow or just reaching Verizon 3G speeds.

I agree. In weighing leaving sprint, selling my note 2 and getting the s4 on tmobile. I will give them 2-4 months to improve

Sent from my Amazing Galaxy Note 2!

budde2

May 15, 2012
Tampa
Great deivce the best on the market worth every penny got mine from sprint at full price coming from S3 and ibcould never have anyother phone again. Looks like my next device will be the Note 3 lol

yankees45us

May 5, 2008
Great deivce the best on the market worth every penny got mine from sprint at full price coming from S3 and ibcould never have anyother phone again. Looks like my next device will be the Note 3 lol

Mine will be the note 3 if the size stays the same. If it gets bigger I will get the htc one or s4. I will probably sell my note 2 and get the s4 or hyc one on tmo if lte for Sprint is not in my area yet

LaDoyers

Nov 8, 2012
For those who have Costco memberships, I believe you get a 23% discount on your sprint bill monthly for the primary line. I work at a hospital that only gives 18% discount, better than nothing.

Link to sprint site to check if you're eligible to receive discounts.
http://delivery.sprint.com/m/p/nxt/dev/wdyw.asp

Last edited:

yankees45us

May 5, 2008
I finally got lte with Sprint in a small town 20 minutes from where I live. Looking forward to this:

uploadfromtaptalk1361827830895.jpg

SantinoInc

Jun 19, 2010
NYC
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

I agree with everything he said. The phone is phenomenal but Sprint's service is lackluster at best. I'm in NYC as well and I am sometimes shocked by how bad the data service is. I'm hoping that is because they are still upgrading to LTE or something like that but I'm not holding my breath on that assumption.

adelmundo

Oct 10, 2010
San Ramon, CA
I live in a suburb in the San Francisco Bay Area (1 hour from SF) and even in my town, I get LTE. I was at my parent's house visiting, and Sprint has LTE where they live. In fact, LTE was faster (~12 Mbps) than connecting to their home WIFI which connected to slow AT&T DSL (~1.5 Mbps).

If you live in an LTE area, it is amazing.

CDKJudoka

Nov 22, 2010
Wyomissing, PA
Love Sprint. My 3G is faster on my Note than it was on my Evo. It matches the 3G from VZW in my area, so I have no complaints. And no, I don't Data Roam.

KB112

Jan 13, 2010
East SF-Bay Area
I live in a suburb in the San Francisco Bay Area (1 hour from SF) and even in my town, I get LTE. I was at my parent's house visiting, and Sprint has LTE where they live. In fact, LTE was faster (~12 Mbps) than connecting to their home WIFI which connected to slow AT&T DSL (~1.5 Mbps).

If you live in an LTE area, it is amazing.

Yeah bro LTE coverage is really starting to take off. I was so pumped to get rid of my Evo 3d (Evo 4G prior) where I had no 4G wimax. My Note was picking up LTE all around my home town and where I work, as soon as I activated it. [East Bay Area,Antioch, Brentwood]

Sent from my Mackified Galaxy Note II using XDA Premium.

yankees45us

May 5, 2008
Yeah bro LTE coverage is really starting to take off. I was so pumped to get rid of my Evo 3d (Evo 4G prior) where I had no 4G wimax. My Note was picking up LTE all around my home town and where I work, as soon as I activated it. [East Bay Area,Antioch, Brentwood]

I almost switched to tmobile but after starting to pick up 4g in alot of places even though it's not announced yet I'm giving Sprint another chance. All I know is that 4g lte rocks. I got it today and 2 times it had a speed of only about 2 to 3mbps but then I connected again in another area and I got pretty good speeds like the one below.

uploadfromtaptalk1362104034333.jpg

Reactions: KB112

midmofan

Feb 25, 2011
Keep in mind, Best Buy price matches Amazon. I bought my GN2 with Add a line price from Amazon Wireless. Walked out the same day, I hate to wait.

Best Buys new price match policy specifically EXCLUDES phones on contract. Not that you might not be able to get a manager to do it, but it is not their official policy.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Nov 16, 2010
I got my Note 2 through amazon wireless and sprint for $100 about a month ago. Its definitely an amazing deal, but you should check the coverage map for your area before you go through with it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I almost switched to tmobile but after starting to pick up 4g in alot of places even though it's not announced yet I'm giving Sprint another chance. All I know is that 4g lte rocks. I got it today and 2 times it had a speed of only about 2 to 3mbps but then I connected again in another area and I got pretty good speeds like the one below.

uploadfromtaptalk1362104034333.jpg