Broken screen, ADB unauthorized on PC, how can I access files?

Search This thread

dankerton

Nov 17, 2012
My GS5 screen is not working and thus I cannot authorized my PC for ADB functions. I need to wipe google data before handing the phone off on ebay but have no way to access the files or flash any images. Any ideas?

Mandeep148

May 10, 2012
Ludhiana
My GS5 screen is not working and thus I cannot authorized my PC for ADB functions. I need to wipe google data before handing the phone off on ebay but have no way to access the files or flash any images. Any ideas?

Try to reinstall Samsung kies. It should work fine. If kies will work properly then PC will access the file without any issue.make sure your phone is turned on. Because u said ur screen is not working I don't its visible or not. If it is then try kies.

Sent from my Micromax A74 using XDA Free mobile app

dankerton

Nov 17, 2012
Try to reinstall Samsung kies. It should work fine. If kies will work properly then PC will access the file without any issue.make sure your phone is turned on. Because u said ur screen is not working I don't its visible or not. If it is then try kies.

I need to access root files and delete my google account info.

Mandeep148

May 10, 2012
Ludhiana
I need to access root files and delete my google account info.

Just change ur Google password. Would b best idea. And automatically from phone it will stop work.

If screen is visible and touch is not working. Just go to recovery mode. Then select factory data reset by pressing volume up and down yo navigate

dankerton

Nov 17, 2012
Just change ur Google password. Would b best idea. And automatically from phone it will stop work.

If screen is visible and touch is not working. Just go to recovery mode. Then select factory data reset by pressing volume up and down yo navigate

I shoulda been clearer, there is no screen at all ;)

So I was able to use kies to install a stock firmware which I believe wiped all my data. If I backup contacts it shows nothing so the google account must be reset. And the internal drive is all empty. Think I'm ready to rock. Thanks for the help.