[DEV] unofficial ClockworkMod Recovery 5 for Ingenic JZ4770/JZ4760 tablets

Search This thread

Zzz73

Jan 20, 2012
Grand Forks
VM T103

Tried to install a copy of CM i had downloaded before it was pulled from Andro tab. it appears to install correctly but leaves no recovery. (couldnt get to stock or CM recovery) i used "flash_image recovery /system/recovery.cpio.img.bak" to get stock recovery working again. i have read this entire thread and i see there wasn't a lot of response while you were testing CM for the T100 series. i'm hoping development will continue as soon as you find the time. i use Slatedroid and wasnt watching this thread before. i will make sure to jump right on it when the next version is being tested.

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
VM T103

Tried to install a copy of CM i had downloaded before it was pulled from Andro tab. it appears to install correctly but leaves no recovery. (couldnt get to stock or CM recovery) i used "flash_image recovery /system/recovery.cpio.img.bak" to get stock recovery working again. i have read this entire thread and i see there wasn't a lot of response while you were testing CM for the T100 series. i'm hoping development will continue as soon as you find the time. i use Slatedroid and wasnt watching this thread before. i will make sure to jump right on it when the next version is being tested.

thank you. sorry, it was already confirmed not work. I'll make new image when I can get time, then please try it.

Reactions: Zzz73

evildave_666

May 7, 2011
Tokyo
Don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but your superuser package works just fine on the unofficial 4.0.3 update for the Paladin (which applied totally cleanly after reverting to stock recovery, I think most of the people having problems are skipping that step).

Thanks for all your effort.

Zzz73

Jan 20, 2012
Grand Forks
quote from fun_ on another forum:

"thank you for your report! please make sure you have T103, which can apply official 2.2 update.zip. then, this is 2nd report about "it doesn't work!". I'm sure previous ver. of CWM for T100 worked. now I realized latest one doesn't work. I'll fix this issue. for now please reflash stock recovery. please do one of following commands, "flash_image recovery /system/recovery.cpio.img.bak" or "mv /system/recovery.cpio.img.bak /system/recovery.cpio.img" then reboot once. -- if you(all people who are using CWM) have a report about my CWM, please tell "me". I want to use my time to do development work. I don't want to use my time to find a report... thank you for your cooperation!"

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk

talakoto

Jan 30, 2012
hi fellow xda members! im having a problem with my adb on windows... my ronzi a3 is not detected by my laptop... i already downloaded the motorola drivers and updated my sdk manager....

error: device not found

sorry for my bad english...

---------- Post added at 03:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 AM ----------

ive already tried reinstalling the motorola driver and plugging my ronzi a3 to other usb ports (im using adb kill-server) but nothing changed...

is there any other way to make it work??

talakoto

Jan 30, 2012
after a few days, i managed to install the cwm into my ronzi a3...
thanks to this thread!! heehee!!

are there any working custom roms available for this minitab??

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
just a notice...

I'm still working for this project, but I'm busy and almost alone so "nothing can be done in a(or more) month" is very usual thing for me. sorry for people who are waiting something from me.

I want to fix issue on Cruz T100 series and I want to fix issue to install official update.zip. I can't promise when it's done.

thank you for your cooperation.

Reactions: GJSmith3rd

Zzz73

Jan 20, 2012
Grand Forks
thank you very much for all of the time you have put forth to this effort. your hard work is very appreciated!

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk

alleytom

Jan 19, 2012
I want to fix issue to install official update.zip. I can't promise when it's done.

That would be awesome, as as things are now it's a constant bouncing back and forth between stock recovery and CWM, which makes any update cumbersome, but mostly, it springs plenty of malfunctions in the tablets unless installation instructions are followed to the letter, which isn't always straightforward.

Take your time -- a functional CWM recovery is a must, and well worth the wait! Thank you for the time you spend on this...

truthrazorz

Feb 12, 2012
I need CM5 for cruz t10x

The link to the file was removed for temp issues? i need a working copy, can anyone post a link or PM me one. thanks :)

debugger1024

Feb 13, 2012
hi fun,
have you ever tried to build the android kernel for MIPS? i am using Novo Paladin.

I've problem with that, please drop me some links so that i can study on it.

sjhill

Dec 23, 2011
Cedar Rapids, IA
Current status?

This is probably more directed at fun_, but for the Cruz T301 and T10x, what is not working with CWM? Is writing the flash partitions still broken? I just purchased a T103, so I will be releasing a ROM for that in a few weeks.

talakoto

Jan 30, 2012
This is probably more directed at fun_, but for the Cruz T301 and T10x, what is not working with CWM? Is writing the flash partitions still broken? I just purchased a T103, so I will be releasing a ROM for that in a few weeks.

thats very nice! hope you can also release a rom for ronzi a3...

fun_

Aug 20, 2010

last file I made was not booted at all. previous one was booted so I have no idea what's wrong.

all I can do is to make next image to test when I get enough time.

Last edited:

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
http://files.androtab.info/ingenic/cwm/20120220/
new test images for NOVO7 Basic/Paladin and JZ4760 tablets.

official update.zip can be flashed from CWM now... please confirm boot partition(kernel etc) is really updated after flashed. (check build date/number in dmesg/uname)

"backup" and "restore" functions don't support mbr/xboot/boot/recovery areas yet. "install update.zip" can change these areas but "restore" can't. for now please don't mix them. (it will be supported in future...)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this is a work-in-progress development project for porting ClockworkMod Recovery 5 to Ingenic JZ4770/JZ4760 tablets.

this is not perfect at all. and I'm very busy. progress will be very very slow. I may not be able to answer your question/request. if you have some idea for improvement, please do it freely.

there is no support from any makers/vendors. you must agree all risks by installing non-supported files, it may brick your tablet, and you may lose official support/warranty.

* YOU MUST READ CAREFULLY POST#1, #2, AND #3!
    * DO NOT USE IF YOUR TABLET IS NOT LISTED BELOW. IT WILL BRICK YOUR TABLET!

* project page
    http://androtab.info/mips/ingenic/clockworkmod/

* supported tablets
    ainol NOVO7 Basic and Paladin
    Velocity Micro Cruz T100 series (Android 2.2 updated model and Android 2.0 PT701i model)
    Velocity Micro Cruz T301
    ronzi A3

* changelog
    refer git log

* resources
    http://developer.mips.com/android/
    https://github.com/naobsd/cm_bootable_recovery/compare/ics...ics-mips-naobsd
    https://github.com/naobsd/mips_build/compare/mips-ics-mr1...mips-ics-clockworkmod
    https://github.com/naobsd/mips_external-busybox/compare/ics...ics-mips
    * How to install ClockworkMod Recovery 5 (for ainol NOVO7 Basic/Paladin, Cruz T100 series, Cruz T301)
    1. download recovery-signed.zip for your tablet (DO NOT USE FILES FOR OTHER TABLETS!)
    2. (if you are using stock recovery)rename it to update.zip, then put it on root of SD card
    3. install update.zip from recovery

on stock recovery, update.zip will be installed automatically. on ClockworkMod Recovery, you need to select menu item manually.

* How to install ClockworkMod Recovery 5 (for ronzi A3)
    1. download recovery.zip for your tablet (DO NOT USE FILES FOR OTHER TABLETS!), then extract recovery.cpio.img from it
    2. make backup of stock recovery
    Code:
    adb remount
    adb shell mv /system/recovery.cpio.img /system/recovery.cpio.img.bak
    3. copy recovery.cpio.img into your tablet, then flash it
    Code:
    adb shell inand_flash_image recovery recovery.cpio.img

* How to boot recovery
    push & hold VOL+ while power on

* How to boot recovery (alternative)
    Code:
    adb reboot recovery

*How to control ClockworkMod Recovery 5
    VOL-/HOME: down, VOL+: up, POWER/MENU: select, BACK: back
    * Superuser, su, and busybox
    it can be installed from ClockworkMod Recovery 5
    - Superuser, su, and busybox for JZ4770 ICS
    - Superuser, su, and busybox for JZ4760 Froyo

* random notes
    - stock recovery
    if you installed update.zip from stock recovery, stock recovery image should be renamed as /system/recovery.cpio.img.bak. (unless you didn't remove /system/recovery.cpio.img)
    it can be flashed by "inand_flash_image" command. (use "flash_image" command for T100 series except PT701i model)

- mbr, xboot, boot, and recovery areas
    backup/restore doesn't work for mbr, xboot, boot, and recovery areas

- time for reboot/poweroff (NOVO7 Basic)
    I don't know why but reboot/poweroff take long time (as same as stock rom). you should wait 1 minute. if nothing is happened in 10 minutes, use reset hole ;)
    Hi guys I've founded the correct adb driver for gl5201 tablet:

zip attachment: see my "about me" link

1) Enable Developer Mode in the tablet
    2) Connect the tablet to PC and don't let it search drivers on windows update (it'll fail the search but don't worry)
    3) Go to the devices list and choose to update/install the correct drivers
    4) Extract the content of zip attachment on the Desktop and choose that folder for correct installation of the driver (you'll see "Android ADB Composite Interface"
    5) Replace the default adb_usb.ini in your "%USERPROFILE%\.android" folder with the one inside the .android folder in the zip attachment link
    6) The installation is now complete, now if you write "adb devices" you can see "Actions semi. device" and you can dmesg and logcat it directly from usb ;)
    CM for T-100 series boots, makes backups, can do factory resets, and can successfully restore backups. cant find any problems with it so far at all. super stoked. thank you very much @fun_!

thank you for your report!

I'll update my site asap :)