[Q] system update 4.0.4 with teamos 1.0 rom

Search This thread

cromfr

Mar 3, 2012
Hello, i installed the teamos rom stable a week ago, and i'm very surprised to receive what it seems like an official update to 4.0.4. So i have a few questions :
1. Is it safe to accept this update ? I mean without loosing the teamos features ?
2. Could the teamos propose its updates the same way ?

Thank you

d3athsd00r

Feb 24, 2011
1. No. You will end up in a boot loop.
2. They don't have that capability to my knowledge.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

Reactions: jahizen

dislplin01

Apr 10, 2011
Yea I am having the same issue with cyanogen. 9 rom. Anyway to bypass it

Sent from my HTC sensation 4g using Tapatalk

mscott998

Mar 30, 2011
you need to get the paid version of Titanium Backup and freeze the android updater process to prevent the update notifications.

Edit.. well this worked on my phone to get rid of the notifications.. but i cant find the program that does it on CM9.. so i dont know

Last edited:
Reactions: skylenorman

apollyon0810

Mar 10, 2011
Columbus, OH
Hello, i installed the teamos rom stable a week ago, and i'm very surprised to receive what it seems like an official update to 4.0.4. So i have a few questions :
1. Is it safe to accept this update ? I mean without loosing the teamos features ?
2. Could the teamos propose its updates the same way ?

Thank you

Is this for the wifi only model? Has ICS officially come out for the 4G models?

chasehq11

Jan 9, 2012
I'm getting the same notification but I cannot find the android update process as mentioned. Any ideas?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

cromfr

Mar 3, 2012
4.0.4 can be found in n75 here the nightly's are more stable than 1.0 rom and 4.0.4 runs great on EOS n75.

Sent from my rooted xoom running Team Eos's bad ass nightly 75

I agree the solution would be to upgrade to a 4.0.4 teamos version. Maybe they could tag this as a 1.5 stable So « simple users» like me wouldn't be afraid.

al mon

Jan 28, 2011
N. Cal
The problem still exists since a new 4.0.5 OTA would cause the same problem......

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

boothrobertl

Dec 9, 2011
chantilly
www.mydjtunes.com
system update 4.0.4 with teamos 1.0 rom

I would never try to perform an official OTA update after a custom from has been installed. That is just asking for trouble. You also mentioned that you were running team eos's rom. I can tell you first hand experience, I've been a very loyal team EOS from user for my Xoom for several months and typically load every nightly they put out for my model. The reason I point this out, is because most times the developer roms xda are actually much further along than the official updates. The biggest example is the fact that ICS is not available officially from Motorola/Verizon as of yet. Plus you get so many features and functions you will likely not see in the official builds.

Others - feel free to help me explain, agree, disagree, etc....

Good luck,
®obert
I've tried many, and I mean many roms, mods, and themes. Hands down - Team EOS is the single most exciting, knowledgeable, helpful and down right customer oriented in the Android Development groups.

Xoom 4G - 4.0.4
Dual BootTeam EOS Nightly 79 & Team EOS Nightly Cornerstone 17

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. No. You will end up in a boot loop.
    2. They don't have that capability to my knowledge.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium
    you need to get the paid version of Titanium Backup and freeze the android updater process to prevent the update notifications.

Edit.. well this worked on my phone to get rid of the notifications.. but i cant find the program that does it on CM9.. so i dont know