[MOd][Xposed]Xdual Statusclock

Search This thread

Jukka666

Aug 27, 2013
Panama City
Now with "working" Lollipop!!!

This mode shows a second clock of a chosen timezone in your status bar. So if you are far from home or always need to know the hour on the other side of the world, you can use this mod. I made this being on an exchange semester and wanting to easily see the time at home.

It only has very basic functionality but I wanted to share it anyways. I am thinking about adding more features like custom layout for the clock, custom offset....
Currently I do not have much spare time to work an the mod but I will try my best to keep up. So if you find any bugs or glitches, please let me know.

Screenshot
See attachement

Download and install
Of course you need to have installed the XPosed framework to have this mod working. You can find the mod in the Xposed Repo or attached to this post.

Changelog:
26.July 2015 - Added support for Lollipop 5.0
26.Nov 2013 - Added support for 12-hour format
24.Nov 2013 - Added manual DST support and choosable divider between the clocks
21.Nov 2013 - Initial release

Attachments

• XDualStatusclock.apk
    227.2 KB · Views: 1,076
  • Screenshot_2013-11-21-21-16-34.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-21-21-16-34.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 11,988
  • XDualStatusclock1.1.apk
    228.9 KB · Views: 296
  • XDualStatusclock3.apk
    229.5 KB · Views: 1,145
  • xDualStatusClock4.apk
    230.3 KB · Views: 11,826
Last edited:

PAGOT

Dec 24, 2007

@Jukka666

what about adding a countdown or rather time left to the next Alarm ? Would that be possible?

If not using the Android alarm clock which would be the best as far as Wake Locks go. Maybe something custom?
Adding really some timers :) (maybe how much work left)

I have bought 3 or 4 Alarm clocks and none has that functionality. Only in Notification Panel.
Having this in the Status Bar right next to the clock would be AWESOME.

(Stopwatch is maybe farfetched, and timer maybe not needed) I hope you understand what I mean.
Something like

oCurrent time is 14:14
Next Alarm is at 20:00

In status bar would be 14:14/>06:46
Maybe some icon showing the Alarm etc :D . Or maybe really just something simple and static. 14:14/20:00

These are just a suggestions NOT REQUEST's. (Sorry for the caps, but many wannabe Moderators/Recognized..."some nasty" words, are allergic to any suggestion and start crying about some new idea)
Thanks for the mod !

Last edited:

Jukka666

Aug 27, 2013
Panama City
what about adding a countdown or rather time left to the next Alarm ? Would that be possible?

If not using the Android alarm clock which would be the best as far as Wake Locks go. Maybe something custom?

I have bought 3 or 4 Alarm clocks and none has that functionality. Only in Notification Panel.

(Stopwatch is maybe farfetched, and timer maybe not needed) I hope you understand what I mean.
Something like

Maybe some icon showing the Alarm etc :D . Or maybe really just something simple and static. 14:14/20:00

These are just a suggestions NOT REQUEST's. (Sorry for the caps, but many wannabe Moderators/Recognized..."some nasty" words, are allergic to any suggestion and start crying about some new idea)
Thanks for the mod !

That is an interesting idea, worth thinking about.
What comes up my mind: Just plain text counting down to your next calendar event (or your custom set time of the day when you finish work) in form of "current time"|"time left" 12:08|00:52. I am not really into building Android apps, thats the first step I took, so im only guessing that this could use a serious amount of system power, since the status bar is refreshed quiet often... but when I find some time, I will look into it.

Reactions: PAGOT

PAGOT

Dec 24, 2007
What comes up my mind: Just plain text counting down to your next calendar event (or your custom set time of the day when you finish work) in form of "current time"|"time left" 12:08|00:52. I am not really into building Android apps, thats the first step I took, so im only guessing that this could use a serious amount of system power, since the status bar is refreshed quiet often... but when I find some time, I will look into it.

That's already more that I hoped for :) . Thanks even for considering.

Maybe the static time to the next event, not a countdown or timer. Just that you can set a static time. Or it will display as you said the time of the next Alarm/Event. Really doesn't have to be a countdown.
Thinking that might be less of a strain for PC and maybe you. As said just suggestions :) . Maybe this even exists somewhere.

But seriously I would love more to see the time of my next alarm more as the stupid Alarm Clock Icon :D.
Again thanks and I do not mind if this leads nowhere, if it does even better.

Jukka666

Aug 27, 2013
Panama City
Yes please add center clock and date like in slim based Roms and make it modified for all kitkat based roms please :)

For center clock, you should try XBlast tools, as I am not doing an all-in-one module.
I will look into the date-thing, this could be easy to implement. Also the mod should work on kitkat if you got your xposed working.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jiggs82

Jukka666

Aug 27, 2013
Panama City
Changelog:

Updated to 1.1. Update should be awailable in the xposed installer.
If you check the DST option, the second clock will show an hour later. Thats if the other place you want to show uses Daylight Saving Time.
Also you can now choose different seperation symbols between the two clocks.

D

Deleted member 2086469

Can you add an option to enable/disable 24 hour mode of the clock (for home clock) ? :D

tariq2kn

May 8, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22
Samsung Galaxy S23
Does it change nothing in the status bar or does the app with the settings not work? Did you reboot? Module activated in XPosed?
Are you running a stock Samsung Rom? Maybe they use a different method then AOSP, so my hook wont work.

No change in statusbar. I can select timezones but nothing happens upon reboot. It is checked in xposed fw app. I am on stock deodexed 4.3 rom.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Jukka666

Aug 27, 2013
Panama City
Can you add an option to enable/disable 24 hour mode of the clock (for home clock) ? :D
You mean the additional clock? I will look to add it. Would you prefere it with our without AM/PM? I guess I will add an option to choose this...

No change in statusbar. I can select timezones but nothing happens upon reboot. It is checked in xposed fw app. I am on stock deodexed 4.3 rom.

Sent from my GT-I9300
I guess it does not work becouse of touchwiz... I am sorry, but currently I don´t have the time to add support for a different Rom type. Maybe you can ask here if he can add this function. It is not to much effort and if he needs, I can provide him with my code.
Again sorry!

D

Deleted member 2086469

Hi, thanks for your fast response ! :D

Maybe option to enable small/capital am/pm AM/PM, or show none (am/pm) at all, just the clock (eg. 7:00)

What do you think? :D

Thanks in advance! Would glad to test out your new build asap :D

D

Deleted member 2086469

it looks nice with Wanam Xposed center clock. but here I use 24 hour because currently xdual clock is only in 24 hour, hence my request ;)

uploadfromtaptalk1385484524606.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Jukka666

Aug 27, 2013
Panama City
Hi, thanks for your fast response ! :D

Maybe option to enable small/capital am/pm AM/PM, or show none (am/pm) at all, just the clock (eg. 7:00)

What do you think? :D

Thanks in advance! Would glad to test out your new build asap :D

Updated to new version. Now supporting 12-hour format. currently it is am/pm or none, maybe I will add the option to select AM/PM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now with "working" Lollipop!!!

This mode shows a second clock of a chosen timezone in your status bar. So if you are far from home or always need to know the hour on the other side of the world, you can use this mod. I made this being on an exchange semester and wanting to easily see the time at home.

It only has very basic functionality but I wanted to share it anyways. I am thinking about adding more features like custom layout for the clock, custom offset....
    Currently I do not have much spare time to work an the mod but I will try my best to keep up. So if you find any bugs or glitches, please let me know.

Screenshot
    See attachement

Download and install
    Of course you need to have installed the XPosed framework to have this mod working. You can find the mod in the Xposed Repo or attached to this post.

Changelog:
    26.July 2015 - Added support for Lollipop 5.0
    26.Nov 2013 - Added support for 12-hour format
    Thanks for gr8 app.

Will it be possible to have an option to change wchich clock displayed first and may be two color or sizes for two clocks please?

Thanks again

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

Hey,

glad you like my app!
    I am currently finishing my Bachelors thesis, so I have no spare time. But soon when its over, I will look into it.

Cheers Jukka
    Version 4: Lollipop support

Hey,
    @cantenna , @ottomanrage

I finally put it together and made it to add Lollipop support. Sorry for the long waiting.

I know that am/pm is not working yet but I wanted to publish what I have so you can already use it.

Head over here to get the latest version.

Regards Jukka

Something like

Thanks for the mod !

Yes please add center clock and date like in slim based Roms and make it modified for all kitkat based roms please :)

For center clock, you should try XBlast tools, as I am not doing an all-in-one module.
    I will look into the date-thing, this could be easy to implement. Also the mod should work on kitkat if you got your xposed working.