Status for Xposed for Oreo 8.0??

Search This thread

shanehou

Feb 26, 2013
Now that Nougat support is out, I think rovo89 may need some time for solving new problems, and will start working on Oreo support when ... he has time lol. Maybe when Android P is out.

bflmpsvz

Jan 26, 2013
I don't want to sound impatient but are we expected to wait for stable, or at least usable Xposed for Oreo as long as we did on Xposed for Nougat?

Pupet_Master

Nov 10, 2014
Daedalus:GlobalNode:HUB
I don't want to sound impatient but are we expected to wait for stable, or at least usable Xposed for Oreo as long as we did on Xposed for Nougat?
Have you see how long it took for Xposed for N to be released?
In theory it can take just as long, since this stable is just the N first release.. He will still release new versions with bugs fixed.

Xposed will never walk Hand with Hand with new Android releases anymore.. And i'm fine with that.

krisyarno

Oct 21, 2016
Emmett
In my opinion I really don't think the wait will be anywhere near as long. Nougat has some serious "under the hood" changes from Marshmallow. It was great for phones but a big middle finger to Xposed. My main thing is porting, but what I've seen and read Oreo doesn't seem to be such a big change like Nougat was. I wouldn't expect it tomorrow, but I would guess it will definitely be much less than a year. Patience is everything when it comes to this though

RusherDude

Aug 24, 2012
The Move from KitKat to Lollipoop took like half year, and the move from Lollipop to Marshmallow took less than 2 months. Even before, RomRacer and other devs had released versions for Marshmallow that worked mostly flawlessly.

So expect devs to release custom versions for Oreo soon if the changes are like going from L to M, and for rovo to take way less than for N.

Sureshkhatri

Apr 26, 2015
When xposed module for Oreo

When can we except Xposed for Oreo SDK 26 if its released share me the link guys what's the status now can anyone update

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xposed hasn't even been finalized for Nougat and we're already bashing at Xposed for Oreo.

lol.

It's better to watch ahead... so may I ask which is the status of xposed for Android P? :rolleyes:
    I don't believe it. Sorry even I am not very active in writing on xda I am reading. There isn't even a stable version for Nougat and people are asking about Oreo. Folks don't forget that the developer is doing that in his private time, he has a private life. It's ready when it's done. Also there are more as enough links in the forum which refere to comments from the developer regarding xposed on nougat and / or Oreo.
    Google starting working on Android 9.. Will there be xposed for this version? Lol.. Rofl

Enviado desde mi SM-T813 mediante Tapatalk

Come on now man, no need to be a "White Knight". The OP was just asking if there was any update regarding Xposed for Oreo, which is a perfectly reasonable question to ask in the Xposed sub-forum. He may not be a developer and may not know how much time it takes to actually port over from one version to another. And one of my biggest pet peeves is when people are like "The developer is doing that in his private time, he has a private life". This is such a patronizing statement. Everyone knows that XDA is a community of people who dedicate their personal time to progress technology. This does not need to be stated every time someone asks for an ETA on anything. It's like stating that the grass is green or the sky is blue today. Please stop with this non-sense as it derails any progression in our community.
    Check Rovo89's post here!

I know many of you are waiting for Oreo support, and indeed I'm pretty far with that. 95% of the code are ported, basic functionality is working on Genymotion. The remaining 5% are obviously those parts of the code which are more difficult to port. I literally just upgraded my primary device to Android 8.1, so I can hopefully start some real testing soon.
    Xposed and Resurrection Remix are the two things I'm waiting on before upgrading to the Pixel 2 XL.
    And the phone doesn't even have LineageOS yet so I'm not too worried about Xposed.
    If anything, Android customization/hacking has taught me patience!

Oh dang, just realized I haven't donated yet to Rovo for bringing us Xposed for Nougat. Gonna go and do that right now. :good:
    I hope the oreo it's just an evolution of nougat. Same as lollipop to marshmallow.

As long as it isn't KitKat to Lollipop then we should be okay, I hope.
    Man, I lost some great Xposed modules after KitKat. They just never worked right after that. Such as App Exposed, which okay.. kind of "half worked" on Lollipop.

In my opinion, KitKat was the last great Android OS for those of us who care more about customization than security.