[Q] Slow Speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mpossoff

Mar 4, 2011
I have an Inspire and I'm getting slow speeds. I'm on unlimited HSPA+ plan and have the correct sim.

What can I do to get better HSPA+ speeds? Currently I'm getting around 2 down.

Thanks!

Agoattamer

Jan 25, 2010
PA
It's not the rado. It's the build.prop that enables the faster speeds. And I would have thought with the gingerbread addition it would have been enabled by default.

But sure you can root it and install a custom ROM made for better speed (all of them) or adjust the build.prop yourself. To root use Advanced Ace Hack Kit. It is stickied so it shouldn't be hard to find.

Reactions: MMM-BACONSTRIPS

mpossoff

Mar 4, 2011
It's not the rado. It's the build.prop that enables the faster speeds. And I would have thought with the gingerbread addition it would have been enabled by default.

But sure you can root it and install a custom ROM made for better speed (all of them) or adjust the build.prop yourself. To root use Advanced Ace Hack Kit. It is stickied so it shouldn't be hard to find.

Thanks how to I adjust the build.prop? I tried to search online but can't find any step by step info.

Teichopsia

Feb 26, 2012
Panama
I'm curious about the download speeds as well. Whichever rom I've used the max download speed I've been able to achieve has been 2up, 1down. I've even edited the build prop and played around with it for a day, didn't see any significant changes.
Rebooted the phone twice after making the changes, etc..... question is, did i need to leave the changes for a day or two or even more to see if it actually helped?

On the other hand I have a couple of friends that work installing the towers (or whatever you call those things that gives us data) - in a nutshell, they say that the download speeds is hardware related and not software (they know nothing of rooting phones).... that kinda confused me more than my usually state of mind.

Sent from a dream.

marsdta

May 9, 2011
Its true to an extent. For example our phones is capable of 14.4 mbps. And say the tower is a 48mbps. Our phones is limited to what its hardware capable but you can do software tweaks to optimize it to reach its Max. This is where builprop edits and apn settings can make a difference

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA

Reactions: Teichopsia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Its true to an extent. For example our phones is capable of 14.4 mbps. And say the tower is a 48mbps. Our phones is limited to what its hardware capable but you can do software tweaks to optimize it to reach its Max. This is where builprop edits and apn settings can make a difference

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA