flexxfortin

Jan 3, 2014
Galaxy Note 3
Carrier - US Cellular (New England-USA)
Model Number: SM-N900R4
Android Version 4.3
Hardware Version: N900R4.05
IMEI: 9900.......

I want to unlock this device as i've purchased it and paid it outright. i'm not obligated under any service contracts with US Cellular but nobody anywhere around here has any clue how to unlock. I want to unlock it to use on my Verizon Wireless Account with my current SIM Card. I cant seem to get anywhere with anyone on how to do this with US Cellular. US Cellular has indicated that regardless of what I do - it'll never work on Verizon Wireless.....seems like B.S. to me as they are both CDMA... THOUGHTS?......

My apologies, i'm new to this.

Thanks, Tony.

Last edited:

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
First things first pal, remove that IMEI quick time, never ever share it!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Tantolic

Jan 9, 2014
I'm facing the same problem, people don't really like to hassle with hardware that they know little about, for now atleast.
Some sites reefer to the n900r4 from us cellular to be the same model as the note 3 sprint is selling, and some sites also say it still has a gsm 2G antenna built in, though disabled by software ? Could use some help, and get some friends on the issue of sorting out the specific data about the device.

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
US Cellular has indicated that regardless of what I do - it'll never work on Verizon Wireless.....seems like B.S. to me as they are both CDMA... THOUGHTS?......

I think the LTE bands are different but I don't know about 3G or plain GSM, you will need to research that yourself.

For unlocking the phone the safest way would be an unlock code, if US Cellular does not want to provide one (you can tell them that you travel abroad and you want to use a foreign SIM for a month) or if they ask too much then search around and see which unlocking service supports US Cellular.