Fried battery?

Search This thread

delsus

Oct 23, 2011
Huawei MediaPad T5
Google Pixel 5
I was using a wifi tether on my phone running PCForce's CM7 and my phone restarted (it was connected to my PC via USB) and when it came back on it said "Charging 0%" and whenever I unplug it it switches off, never seen this before but it seems, to me, like the battery has been fried anyone think the same.

I also have a spare battery that works fine, which also tells me that it is some problem with the battery, and running a wifi tether can heat things up a bit which brought me to that conclusion.

Anyone wanna throw any ideas on if its possible to fix it, I am now using the battery that came with the phone but it has a crack near the contacts which doesn't fill me with confidence.

andreas__

I was using a wifi tether on my phone running PCForce's CM7 and my phone restarted (it was connected to my PC via USB) and when it came back on it said "Charging 0%" and whenever I unplug it it switches off, never seen this before but it seems, to me, like the battery has been fried anyone think the same.

I also have a spare battery that works fine, which also tells me that it is some problem with the battery, and running a wifi tether can heat things up a bit which brought me to that conclusion.

Anyone wanna throw any ideas on if its possible to fix it, I am now using the battery that came with the phone but it has a crack near the contacts which doesn't fill me with confidence.

try with 600 mHz it solved the problem for me

jhonnyx1000

Apr 17, 2011
Auckland
With mobile data and Wifi tethering enabled, my phone can get up to 52 degrees celsius in some cases without charging. I usually turn the phone off and take out the battery for a few minutes for it to cool down. I guess a temperature that high is caused by overclocking. I'm not sure if its damaging or not but I do prevent progression of operations in that temperature.

I also have a crack on the battery. Had it for a few months now and no problems so far :)
How 'cracked' is it?

delsus

Oct 23, 2011
Huawei MediaPad T5
Google Pixel 5
With mobile data and Wifi tethering enabled, my phone can get up to 52 degrees celsius in some cases without charging. I usually turn the phone off and take out the battery for a few minutes for it to cool down. I guess a temperature that high is caused by overclocking. I'm not sure if its damaging or not but I do prevent progression of operations in that temperature.

I also have a crack on the battery. Had it for a few months now and no problems so far :)
How 'cracked' is it?

Its only about half a centemeter long, and it only seems to be affecting the case, but got a replacement last year (was the repacement that got fried)

Havent tried it with andreas's advice yet but I will :)

jhonnyx1000

Apr 17, 2011
Auckland
Its only about half a centemeter long, and it only seems to be affecting the case, but got a replacement last year (was the repacement that got fried)

Havent tried it with andreas's advice yet but I will :)

I don't think the crack will be that much of a problem. If you want, you could take it to someone experienced just to be sure.

oyanezg

Mar 27, 2011
Mexico
Asus ROG Phone 6 / 6 Pro

I have 4 gt540 and all the batteries cracked the same way also another lg phone w550 cracked the same way this batteries with the hard plastic sucks all of them crack cause the cheap plastic cover

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda premium

-Grift-

Jan 9, 2011
Singapore
wow 4 gt540s? O_O lol i left mine to charge over night at 40% and in the morning its 30% O_O the phone shows that it dint charge at all WTF but im sure it was before i turned in for the night >_> after that the batt levels jumped around the whole day before dying during school (damn) now im at home charging the phone and i think it has problems again... not chargers fault my bro just used it...

oyanezg

Mar 27, 2011
Mexico
Asus ROG Phone 6 / 6 Pro
wow 4 gt540s? O_O lol i left mine to charge over night at 40% and in the morning its 30% O_O the phone shows that it dint charge at all WTF but im sure it was before i turned in for the night >_> after that the batt levels jumped around the whole day before dying during school (damn) now im at home charging the phone and i think it has problems again... not chargers fault my bro just used it...

Erase batt stats. That also hapends to me. Charged batt. All nite and shows 50% but if i reboot it will show 100%

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda premium

-Grift-

Jan 9, 2011
Singapore
na its really that much. reboot and still same as good as no charge at all :/ but now its ok after rom change >_>

djpailo

Jul 28, 2012
My battery cracked as well, but it has been dropped a few times...

It is a real shame because my previous LG phone was the LG Viewty and that was an amazingly well built phone. Cost ~£100 and came with an amazing camera and 3G front facing camera too. Shame it didn't have android. So I don't know why LG decided to go really cheap on the build qualities - you'd think having cracked batteries would have come up in their design tests but they probably didn't care...