mksh?

Search This thread

canpitt27

Sep 22, 2010
Pittsburgh
Since updating SuperSU, it started requesting permission to "mksh (1000)". I deny it everytime it shows. It seems to have something to do with wifi. Everytime it connects to wifi that's when it pops up.
The file mksh is in \system\bin
Any idea what mksh is?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-10-30-10-04-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-10-30-10-04-06.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 723

IceDragon59

Jul 10, 2012
Since updating SuperSU, it started requesting permission to "mksh (1000)". I deny it everytime it shows. It seems to have something to do with wifi. Everytime it connects to wifi that's when it pops up.
Any idea what mksh is?

Other people seem to be having the same problem. All I can tell you is that the file exists for me, non-rooted, in '/system/bin/'. It might have something to do with shell/command line.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiDGR8

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Any idea what mksh is?

I took a look in my superSU app and it seems at some point I gave the mksh permissions lol, I don't remember it popping it, so I deleted it and am waiting for it to pop up again. No idea what the hell it is

canpitt27

Sep 22, 2010
Pittsburgh
I took a look in my superSU app and it seems at some point I gave the mksh permissions lol, I don't remember it popping it, so I deleted it and am waiting for it to pop up again. No idea what the hell it is

It happens for me when I'm connected to wifi and I either reboot or just turn wifi off and back on and let it reconnect. Happens everytime.

jackgibbs

Dec 1, 2010
yeah, this just popped up for me as well on my evo lte, along with jackpal.androidterm, which google tells me is terminal emulator. so I'm guessing something got borked in the supersu update.

andybones

May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
maybe, the dev may have done this on purpose to allow for my control over the device.

or it's a issue with the newest SuperSU update

canpitt27

Sep 22, 2010
Pittsburgh
Well I finally gave up on the latest Supersu (.97). Two things started happening after updating:
1. At home I use wifi. When I would leave the house the statusbar still showed I was connected to wifi. Even 20 miles away. (It was connected to mobile, just showed wifi)
2. After rebooting, the phone would not see the ext sdcard. Rebooting again would usually fix it. This didn't happen on every reboot, maybe half of the time.

The new update started asking for permission to mksh. I tried both granting and denying and it didnt seem to make a difference either way.
These did not happen before updating supersu, and after reverting back to version .96 these problems went away. I don't know what else to blame.

andybones

May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Well I finally gave up on the latest Supersu (.97). Two things started happening after updating:
1. At home I use wifi. When I would leave the house the statusbar still showed I was connected to wifi. Even 20 miles away. (It was connected to mobile, just showed wifi)
2. After rebooting, the phone would not see the ext sdcard. Rebooting again would usually fix it. This didn't happen on every reboot, maybe half of the time.

The new update started asking for permission to mksh. I tried both granting and denying and it didnt seem to make a difference either way.
These did not happen before updating supersu, and after reverting back to version .96 these problems went away. I don't know what else to blame.

weird, I have it denied, and hasn't been a problem since.

0xicl33n

Aug 8, 2010
Here i

Here i go Necormancing, but this is something every single android user should know:

MKSH is the default "posix compliant shell" of android as of jellybean, its part of the internal operating system.

Dont **** with it. Leave it alone. Give it all the permissions it needs

https://www.mirbsd.org/mksh.htm

In android, SH does in fact symbolically link to mksh. Ie, when you type sh in android, its really bringing up mksh

Last edited:
Reactions: alanthehat

Top Liked Posts