[Q] Samsung Galaxy S4 REALLY unfixable

Search This thread

StickyBomb

Feb 9, 2014
Sup guys. I have a problem with my S4. I doubt anyone will be able to help me find a fix but its worth a try. I hope someone will help.

Anyway, I flashed my GT-i9500 (Galaxy S4) from 4.2.2 to 4.3. Now it doesnt boot, It just gets stuck at the 2nd boot screen. Its not even a bootloop. It just hangs there. The S4 sound that plays gets cut like halfway.

I tried flashing a lot of different ROMS, and it still does the same thing. When I rooted it, I noticed the boot welcome sound plays full, but it still hangs after that.

I used Philz Recovery and mounted all the folders etc, but efs says invalid. So that means the EFS folder is messed. I get that, but I cannot repair the EFS if I cant boot the phone, I need the Samsung MTP **** for Samsung Tool to work. I have an N7100 (Note 2) Where I repaired the EFS with Samsung Tool, I was able to boot the phone.

I looked ALL over the net including this forum and found nothing. Right now the phone is just worth nothing. This is my last option, to ask here myself. If it cant be fixed I just cut my losses and get another phone.

I also flashed a PIT file, CSC file, Modem file during the period I was trying to get this fixed. If anybody knows this problem, It'll be very helpful.

Thanks.

StickyBomb

Feb 9, 2014
That wouldn't work, thats for the Snapdragon variant I think. The i9505. I have the i9500. I'll download the Omega ROM for i9500 and try it anyway.

Thanks.

Last edited:

StickyBomb

Feb 9, 2014
I've flashed with Odin & Recovery.

I flashed another bootloader, XXUEMK8 & Odexed Knox Free Stock ROM XXEUMK8 & it still does the same. I dont know whats wrong with it.

Another thing I forgot to mention is if I root it using Odin, the welcome sound plays full and it hangs, and if I reboot it, the welcome sound goes back to cutting off again.

This phone probably cant be fixed. I dont know wtf's wrong with this phone. This is WORSE than hard bricked.

oh & as I mentioned before, I have a Galaxy Note 2 & had an EFS problem with it. I fixed it, the difference was this Note 2 actually booted properly with any ROM installed. I used a Z3X Box & Samsung Tool to fix up the EFS. Maybe this problem is only with i9500 or with i9500 & newer models.

Last edited:

Obagleyfreer

Jun 29, 2012
Wellington
Eeeer don't mean to point out the obvious here but you did do a factory reset in stock recovery after flashing stock 4.3 in Odin? That's all you needed to do at the start.
When I went from 4.2 to 4.3 I couldn't get it to boot at all unless I performed factory reset after flash.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app

smittie-4

Dec 10, 2010
I came from a rooted Samsung org. rom 4.3 to omega v21.1 Android 4.4.2
After this i tried slimkat, and had from first start the same issue, no booting.
Nothing works
only starting with power and vol. up as descried above, I could flash XXUFNA5 bootloader & modems.
After this twrp.
And at last I flashed S4 Google Edition - 4.4.2, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

StickyBomb

Feb 9, 2014
Thanks for the help people.

I gave up on trying. I tried everything even factory reset after flashing, different ROMS, different Android versions. 4.1.2, 4.2.2 & 4.3. Today I ended up selling the phone's LCD. Atleast I didnt everything. lol. Wouldn't be buying another Samsung EVER. I was thinking I need another box and stuff, like NSPRO but I dont have that.