[Q] SCH-i605 (Note 2) 4.4.2 update and still root?

Search This thread

Rdikal23

Dec 31, 2014
Root solution for VZW galaxy note 2 SCH-i605

Hi, as i'm new in the XDA community i want to share what i did in order to get
my verizon galaxy note 2 rooted. I was looking around the web and i found a very useful
tool to get root access in this specific model; GHETTOROOT is a powerful tool to get superSU in galaxy note 2. Just try it as i did. It worked for me and now i'm trying to have CWM recovery installed and remove the knox. I hope this help to those who want to get root in this device.

mattnmag

Feb 6, 2013
Hi, as i'm new in the XDA community i want to share what i did in order to get
my verizon galaxy note 2 rooted. I was looking around the web and i found a very useful
tool to get root access in this specific model; GHETTOROOT is a powerful tool to get superSU in galaxy note 2. Just try it as i did. It worked for me and now i'm trying to have CWM recovery installed and remove the knox. I hope this help to those who want to get root in this device.

You will not be able to install CWM recovery because the bootloader is locked on 4.4.2. You should do a search for Safestrap if you're wanting to put a modified recovery on your rooted 4.4.2 Verizon Note 2.

mdude22

Sep 25, 2014
You will not be able to install CWM recovery because the bootloader is locked on 4.4.2. You should do a search for Safestrap if you're wanting to put a modified recovery on your rooted 4.4.2 Verizon Note 2.

Could you guide me where to find directions on how to unlock the bootloader? I'm running a i605vrufnd7

tylorert

Jul 2, 2015
Vernon Hills
Found

I have been searching all over to find any information on this new kitkat update for the Note 2. I haven't found much. I think the main thing I found was Knox 2.0 or whatever. Is it possible, or is anyone working on a way to at least get root back on here? I didn't do the update yet, but it's bugging me. I would like kitkat and I like this phone, but samsung/verizon locking this thing down is driving me nuts. To the point that I want to sell this phone. So yeah, is anyone aware of any information on the 4.4.2 update and the possibilities to root it at least. I don't even care to install ROMS.

After the month of looking I HAVE FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Refer you t u b e . c o m /watch?v=E3ze5jSaH8c
NOTE: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL RECOVERY, LEARNED IT THE HARD WAY!!!!!
ROM 4.4.2: s a m m o b i l e . c o m /firmwares/download/30950/I605VRUFND7_I605VZWFND7_VZW/
USER tylor959
PASS tylor4402
<Spaces in links>
Please Support me by upgradeing me to pro or gold
Thank You >HAKA TYLOR959<

Last edited:

tylorert

Jul 2, 2015
Vernon Hills
I have been searching all over to find any information on this new kitkat update for the Note 2. I haven't found much. I think the main thing I found was Knox 2.0 or whatever. Is it possible, or is anyone working on a way to at least get root back on here? I didn't do the update yet, but it's bugging me. I would like kitkat and I like this phone, but samsung/verizon locking this thing down is driving me nuts. To the point that I want to sell this phone. So yeah, is anyone aware of any information on the 4.4.2 update and the possibilities to root it at least. I don't even care to install ROMS.
Yes I have found a recovery and root: HERE

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know a lot of you are new. But no one has been given up on, if you have ever rooted a phone, you know not to take official updated software ever if you want to keep root/unlocked bootloader.

Now you all are stuck on a brand spanking new version of the bootloader. (Of which I assume uses the same security that the new S5 has on it) with that being said if/when the s5 gets cracked open you will probably have some good news.

/Most/ of us are still on old bootloaders and have vulnerable systems where we can do/install as we please. When an exploit is found and you can get root back it will be posted in the forums, no need to shame the developers that put in all this work FOR FREE, just be more careful when updating in the future.
    Go For SRS Root.. It also supports this version. Easy method
    Rooted Baby!

I had to root with GhettoRoot 3.0 failed then I used GhettoRoot by networking pro and it worked!!! Woot!
    So i smashed my note 2 (sch-i605) was fairly peed off atfirst. Then a thought occured (which is a miracle in my head) that now ill get a replacement device that will not have 4.4 on it.....YAYYYYY right? NOPE!! I get the device with 4.3....ok i figure i can work with that. Nah not at all. I tried geohot's awsome towelroot-no luck which is a shocker since the device should be supported..then tried every verison of framaroot-again NOPE. Even tried kingo. Now im still rather new to all this. I rooted my wifes att s3 and enjoy that. I rooted my vzw lg g pad 8.3 and like that. But with the g pad i cant do any custom roms which kinda sux. But i want MY phone rooted. Plz...why is nothing working with this phone?? Any idea why its not working when my device should be supported. Any help is always appreciated and teaches me more on this topic. Thankyou in advance.my kernel is april 10th 2014 btw on a VZW Galaxy note 2 (sch-i605) running android 4.3.

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

I would say a nexus device of any sort. From what i hear they seem to be the best to modify. I dont know if thats correct but from what ive seen doing research seems a good choice. Im hooked on the galaxy line tho and i figure with patience these AMAZING men and women on xda will always find a solution to all of our android woes. And as for the note 3...Id assume that if the 2 on 4.4 cant be cracked i dont see the 3 being able to be. Atleast with verizon id say. Seems verizon is the devil to Devs. Anyway happy picking friend. Hit the thanx if i helped if you dont mind

There were 2 releases of 4.3 for the sch-i605. MJ9 and ND3. MJ9 is rootable and ND3 isn't. I believe you can use Odin to go back to MJ9 if you are on ND3. Then you can root. However if you accept the 4.4.2 update you can't flash back to 4.3.

Also towelroot won't work because our phone uses a Samsung cpu which the exploit isn't present in the kernel for it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Could you guide me where to find directions on how to unlock the bootloader? I'm running a i605vrufnd7

At present, there's no way to unlock the bootloader on 4.4.2. It looks unlikely that there will ever be a way to unlock the bootloader, but you never know.