[Q] How to replace splashscreen on U8800?

Search This thread

Pasi_K

Mar 25, 2011
Tyrnävä
Everybody post your splashscreen, orginal or custom. I only have "Saunalahti" splash and want to change something else.

coralexx

Feb 27, 2011
Morshansk
Default oemlogo.mbn

260sfhe.jpg

Attachments

• oemlogo.zip
    7 KB · Views: 464
Reactions: Moihack

coralexx

Feb 27, 2011
Morshansk
this file oemlogo.mbn graphic file in Rgb565 format and everybody can create logo by using Paint.net software with Rgb565.dll in its FieTypes folder

Attachments

• Rgb565.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 236

coralexx

Feb 27, 2011
Morshansk
Root Explorer And Terminal Emulator

Root Explorer And Terminal Emulator

MOD EDIT

Root Explorer is a paid for app. As such breaks XDA Rule 6.

Do not post warez.

If a piece of software requires you to pay to use it, either pay or find your cracks and serials somewhere else. We do not accept warez nor do we permit any member to promote or describe ways in which Warez, cracks, serial codes or other means of avoiding payment, can be obtained.​

Last edited by a moderator:

darkado

May 30, 2008
With root explorer i made new folder named logo at /data/cust/ and put oemlogo.mbn into then in terminal emulator enter su then load_oemlogo . It was changed! Thanks!

this didn't work for me. can you give more detailed explaination? i made the oemlogo.rgb565 with paint.net, renamed it to oemlogo.mbn, copied it to /data/cust/logo, granted superuser to terminal emulator, entered load_оemlogo and nothing...same default splashscreen

coralexx

Feb 27, 2011
Morshansk
this didn't work for me. can you give more detailed explaination? i made the oemlogo.rgb565 with paint.net, renamed it to oemlogo.mbn, copied it to /data/cust/logo, granted superuser to terminal emulator, entered load_оemlogo and nothing...same default splashscreen

have you entered su before entering load_оemlogo in terminal emulator ?

magictwins

Oct 17, 2010
Hong Kong
for me, it says 8221 could not load needed library 'liboeminfo.so' for 'load_oemlogo' (Library 'liboeminfo.so' not found) CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE
after typing su and then load_oemlogo

I am using CM7

coralexx

Feb 27, 2011
Morshansk
So, i see one known way :flash any 2.2 ROM, replace logo and reflash again to CM. If somebody knows another solution, please help...

Sent from my u8800 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bingo!

With root explorer i made new folder named logo at /data/cust/ and put oemlogo.mbn into then in terminal emulator enter su then load_oemlogo . It was changed! Thanks!

Absolutely love this! Changed mine to this picture.

To all those having problems, this is how it worked for me:
    1. Download Paint.NET
    2. Add the rgb565.dll in the FileTypes folder (which can be found in the root directory of where you installed Paint.NET
    3. Open Paint.NET
    4. Open or design any image you want. Make sure that you resize it to Width: 479 pixels, Height: 798 pixels otherwise you will have an ugly little image with a bunch of ugly lines when you boot up your phone
    5. Save it as rgb565 format (Apparently the file should be around 750kb, if not.. probably the image size is wrong and it won't look nice on the phone)
    6. rename the file to oemlogo.mbn
    7. put that file on your sd card
    8. open root explorer on your phone and copy that file to /data/cust/logo (you will need to create a new folder named logo)
    9. set permissions to OWNER: Read Write, GROUP: Read, OTHERS: Read
    10. open Terminal Emulator and write su and press enter
    11. wait for a bit and then write load_oemlogo
    12. wait for a bit and write exit
    13. press the back softkey on your phone to close Terminal Emulator
    14. press and hold the power button and power off phone (I would not recommend that you use an applet to restart the phone, just do a PROPER shut down.. maybe it will need to save some files or something.. idk, this is how it worked for me)
    15. Press the power button again and your new customized logo SHOULD be there.

I don't know how this will work on custom ROMs, this worked for me on B136 Stock Rom :) Hope it works for you too. Enjoy.
    Default oemlogo.mbn

260sfhe.jpg
    try put this into /system/lib folder