[ROM][G900F][NH6][October 2014 ] {~BoBCaTROM_EVO_v2.0~}|OTA Update

Search This thread

ragz

you've changed your bootloader and modem? you have installed fullwipe?

Inviato dal mio SM-T311 utilizzando Tapatalk

I'm on the latest Canadian boot loader and modem, it was my fault i never down loaded the latest ktoonz kernel, it is all good now @daxgirl got me figured out earlier. The Rom is prefect and it's great to have you here in the s5 forums. I have always loved your themed Roms from the s4 and you do not disappoint here. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G900W8

Reactions: daxgirl

chrispyutec

Apr 6, 2011
Tyler, Texas
Did you update the bootloader? Its an issue of having ng2 on an old bootloader, afaik. There are some new kernels that have adapted.

Inviato dal mio SM-G900F utilizzando Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

It's a widget resize issue on a 5 columns launcher. I will download and make you a fix maybe later on tonight. :)

I never flashed a bootloader before. Anything I should be aware of and will this break my root somehow? I'm T-Mobile on AT&T newtwork.

Thanks in advance.

Wuby986

Oct 18, 2013
I never flashed a bootloader before. Anything I should be aware of and will this break my root somehow? I'm T-Mobile on AT&T newtwork.

Thanks in advance.
Just flash latest stock avaible for your version, via odin , and you' ll get latest bootloader [emoji6]

Btw.. this will break root.. but rom is prerooted so you just need to flash the rom after the recovery

Docmjldds

Jan 27, 2010
Henderson, NV
when I get back from holiday fix some popup wrong

This is one killer themed ROM. I'm on TMobile with my G900T. I only had to flash a different custom kernel along with your updates posted and I have to say I posted 37000 AnTuTu with enabling everything in the Aroma, after the initial install was complete. No editing APN and getting nice LTE Speeds or 38Mbps down and 10Mbps up here in Las Vegas in my home which has lousy data reception. I am on the latest TMobile firmware...FYI.
But for anyone wanting to see a really nicely themed ROM....this one is the one to beat right now. Editing Colors is nice as in some other ROMs, but the icons used here are really that good. The dialer is really that good. The Keyboard is really that good. Hope to see some great updates down the road.:good::good:

lucky_sidhu

Sep 13, 2011
New Delhi
Hey @BoBCatRoM

Nice Theme.Sadly I am using Exynos version 900H and I miss your theme.

Can you make one for 900H version if I provide my systemui / Framework-res file ??

Which files would you need to theme it ?

axel06

Sep 10, 2010
Chappell Hill, Tx
This is one killer themed ROM. I'm on TMobile with my G900T. I only had to flash a different custom kernel along with your updates posted and I have to say I posted 37000 AnTuTu with enabling everything in the Aroma, after the initial install was complete. No editing APN and getting nice LTE Speeds or 38Mbps down and 10Mbps up here in Las Vegas in my home which has lousy data reception. I am on the latest TMobile firmware...FYI.
But for anyone wanting to see a really nicely themed ROM....this one is the one to beat right now. Editing Colors is nice as in some other ROMs, but the icons used here are really that good. The dialer is really that good. The Keyboard is really that good. Hope to see some great updates down the road.:good::good:

I need your help with my TMobile G900T: have wiped with Philz, flashed this rom, added Ktoons kernel, rebooted...stuck on Samsung black/ white screen...tried all kind of different option in Aroma, nothing...will remain stuck at Samsung black & white screen. What did I overlook?
PS: This not my first custom rom. ( Probably installed 30+ different roms on all my present and previous Samsung phones)
Thanks in advance!

parkerj7uc

Dec 27, 2011
Cincinnati
I need your help with my TMobile G900T: have wiped with Philz, flashed this rom, added Ktoons kernel, rebooted...stuck on Samsung black/ white screen...tried all kind of different option in Aroma, nothing...will remain stuck at Samsung black & white screen. What did I overlook?
PS: This not my first custom rom. ( Probably installed 30+ different roms on all my present and previous Samsung phones)
Thanks in advance!
Try using a different kernel and see if you get the same problem.

daxgirl

Jun 30, 2012
Jerusalem
Thanks, but since you had success, I'd like to copy your setup: which kernel did you use?
Can you pull recovery log of your installation?

In any case after looking some more into it I would suggest the following:

1. Check md5 of the zip you downloaded. Make sure it matches the on in the file name. In any case Redownload the zip. And try again. Could be a corrupt file. Without recovery logs difficult to say.

2. Make sure you're on the updated bl for your device. Flash latest stock for g900t if needed.

3. Try booting on stock g900t kernel (can be extracted from the latest fw)

My opinion is something is wrong with the file. The partition table for g900t is pretty much identical to g900f. So shouldn't be a problem with updater-script. Try the suggestions above.

Last edited:
Reactions: axel06

axel06

Sep 10, 2010
Chappell Hill, Tx
Can you pull recovery log of your installation?

In any case after looking some more into it I would suggest the following:

1. Check md5 of the zip you downloaded. Make sure it matches the on in the file name. In any case Redownload the zip. And try again. Could be a corrupt file. Without recovery logs difficult to say.

2. Make sure you're on the updated bl for your device. Flash latest stock for g900t if needed.

3. Try booting on stock g900t kernel (can be extracted from the latest fw)

My opinion is something is wrong with the file. The partition table for g900t is pretty much identical to g900f. So shouldn't be a problem with updater-script. Try the suggestions above.

Appreciate your help - checked all what you asked and after flashing AEL Kernel, I am good. Now I wonder how to change WiFi and Data Signal icons!?

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

I'm just giving ideas. I don't use this phone.

AEL Kernel did the trick!

daxgirl

Jun 30, 2012
Jerusalem
Appreciate your help - checked all what you asked and after flashing AEL Kernel, I am good. Now I wonder how to change WiFi and Data Signal icons!?
Well, you need to edit those icons in systemui. What icons you want? I can probably make a theme flashavle only for this for you...

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Also keep in mind ael kernel is older vs. For old bl. your pc will probably not recognize the phone.

parkerj7uc

Dec 27, 2011
Cincinnati

Maybe need to check your build.prop to match your carrier if you won't their icons if that what you are talking about.

daxgirl

Jun 30, 2012
Jerusalem
Maybe need to check your build.prop to match your carrier if you won't their icons if that what you are talking about.
My guess is he is just talking about the themed systemui icons for wifi and data signal. Carrier specific icons are only the difference between 4g and lte afaik...

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

Well, you need to edit those icons in systemui. What icons you want? I can probably make a theme flashavle only for this for you...
Don't quite know how to do that in Systemui. I do prefer the rainbow type Wifi/ Signal icons - if you could fix me up, wow...would really love that
What do you mean by rainbow type? Like stock icons? Can be done easily... hopefully I will get to that tomorrow. Latest tomorrow night.

Reactions: axel06

axel06

Sep 10, 2010
Chappell Hill, Tx
My guess is he is just talking about the themed systemui icons for wifi and data signal. Carrier specific icons are only the difference between 4g and lte afaik...

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

What do you mean by rainbow type? Like stock icons? Can be done easily... hopefully I will get to that tomorrow. Latest tomorrow night.

I'll attach pics...by the way, you were right about AEL and now Ktoons is working and connecting to my PC

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-06-18-50-07-1.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-06-18-50-07-1.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 252
  • 1590949261174Screenshot_2014-08-06-18-50-39-1.png
    1590949261174Screenshot_2014-08-06-18-50-39-1.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 251

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

DISCONTINUED
    logobob_Super.png

.... you can not live without!!! :laugh:

0mix.png

[ONLINE]
    October 2014
    [SM-G900F][KitKat 4.4.2][XXU1ANH6]_BoBCaTROM_EVO_v2.0

changelog.png

CHANGELOG 2.0
    >>> post #321
    Based on European Samsumg firmware XXU1ANH6
    • Deodexed busybox root zipalign
    • Wipe/no Wipe
    • Debloatware
    • CSC Country Set
    • Sound Options
    • Knox free
    • Advanced Reboot menu in English and Italian thanks @daxgirl and @wuby
    * Modded settings with link to BoBCaTROM Control application, it include many options:
    - BatteryBar (thx @pvyParts http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=19878267 )
    - 3Minit Battery Settings mod (Thx @gharrington and 3Minit Team) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2799958
    - Xposed Intelli3g module
    - Multi Window Manager
    - Floating Pen-Windows app
    - 4 multiwindow MOD
    - Notification Toggle
    - BusyBox Manager
    - Viper4AndroidFX (thx ViPER520 @zhuhang http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223)
    - OTA Update Home with link to WUALA folder for Updates, Extra, Themes, link to XDA thread and donation button
    - OTA Update Pro, automatic alerts of new release with possibility to download it directly
    - Advanced Reboot menu in English and Italian thanks @daxgirl and @Wuby986
    - Full Screen Call (OTA Download] (Thx [B @tdunham
    http://xdaforums.com/sprint-galaxy-s5/themes-apps/mod-theme-galaxy-s5-fullscreen-call-t2892320
    * THEME CUSTOMIZATION
    - Tw Theme Manager
    - Gradient Statusbar (@thx potatoinc)
    - Theme Engine
    * Android Apps Themes Engine pro (thx @SArnab©® Vishalln11 )
    * Holo Themer Engine (thx @hamzahrmalik)
    - Keyboard Black-Blue
    - Keyboard Black-Glass
    - Dropdown
    (this features requires root a modified Recovery (CWM or TWRP)
    and active internet connection. The file will be downloaded into "Download" folder in your sdcard,
    after the download the phone will reboot into recovery and automatically install the file
    (to use it or turn off wanam exposed/gravitibox).
    * 14 dropdown images
    * INVERTED APPS (thx @Gunthermic DarkHorse) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2490100
    - Hangouts 2.3.75731955 v1(09/18)
    - Google Play 4.9.13 v3 (10/03)
    - YouTube 5.11.4 (10/05)
    * XPOSED INSTALLER + modules
    - Xposed DPI settings
    - Intelli3g module
    - Greenify
    - Multiwindow Manager
    - YouTube Adaway (thx @wanam)
    - Boot Manager
    * UTILITY
    - Phone Info
    - IMEI Tool
    - Zip Installer
    - X-plore
    - Cpu monitor
    - Cpu spy
    - AdAway
    - Language Enabler
    - LogCat
    - MD5 checker
    - GPS Fix
    - Led Manager
    - TouchWiz DVFS
    • Bootanimation
    • All SMS/MMS Mods
    • Enabled secondary symbols on stock samsung keyboard
    • Browser with exit option
    • Unlocked call and message block settings
    • Email Policy Hack
    • Call Rec
    * REBOOT MENU
    - 5 way Reboot menu
    • more to come

I am not responsible for any damage to your device.
    The installation of the ROM is at your own risk.
    FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED BELOW

installationt.png

Installation Instructions:

WARNING
    ....Flashing Custom Recovery with odin
    will flag your Knox counter from 0x0 to 0x1
    no longer be reset and loss of warranty

>> NG2 migration requires bootloader / modem update! More information here : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54094106&postcount=3

Installation (KNOX 0x0) =====> http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/general/guide-update-to-g900fxxu1ang2-root-knox-t2835315

Installation (KNOX 0x1)
    1. Check the MD5 of the downloaded file (http://getmd5checker.com/download)
    2. Backup your device (nadroid, efs... etc)
    3. Flash Stock firmware with Odin or NG2 migration requires bootloader / modem update! More information here : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54094106&postcount=3
    4. Flash Custom Recovery (KNOX 0x1)
    5. Boot to recovery, and Install BoBCaTROM with Full Wipe
    6. Reboot device
    7. Install Xposed framework and active modules (BoBCaTROM Control)
    8. Reboot device
    - done

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning
    do not report bugs if you have not done a clean install.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I remember that my rom is not a self service,
    please do not take anything without my permission, thanks

byeas.gif
    byeas.gif
    byeas.gif

Credits
    @_alexndr for script (Aroma installer)
    @daxgirl @Wuby986
    @soloilmeglio "'XnoteTeam"
    @xentrix "'XnoteTeam"
    @wanam for wanam Xposed and Language Enabler
    @dsixda- For dsixda kitchen
    @gharrington and 3Minit Team for " The 3Minit Battery Settings mod "
    @pas2001 for icons and QMG
    @Chainfire - For Superuser and a bunch of things
    @rovo89- For Xposed framework
    @Tungstwenty - For Xposed Module (custom dpi density)
    @pvyParts for Battery Bar
    @ficeto for the BoBCaTROM Control app
    @tamirda flashlight and screenshot in the power menu and adding toggles
    @tdunham for all his guides >> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2799050 and FullScreen.Call http://xdaforums.com/sprint-galaxy-s5/themes-apps/mod-theme-galaxy-s5-fullscreen-call-t2892320
    @Gunthermic for the inverted apps

Please pm me if I forgot some Dev ;)

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][G900F]{~BoBCaTROM EVO~}|OTA Update , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
    BoBCatRoM

Version Information

Created 2014-10-24
    Last Updated 2014-10-24
    Added in Ota
    FullScreen.Call
    (Thx @tdunham http://xdaforums.com/sprint-galaxy-s5/themes-apps/mod-theme-galaxy-s5-fullscreen-call-t2892320
    fullcall2.png
    fullcall1.png

FullScreen.Call V2 with info call
    v2info.png

you can use the zip Vrtheme "ChangeImage_FullScreen.Call_CAT.zip" to change the image, use the same size ...

byeas.gif
    byeas.gif
    byeas.gif

logobob_Super.png

[ONLINE]
    October 2014
    [SM-G900F][KitKat 4.4.2][XXU1ANH6]_BoBCaTROM_EVO_v2.0

changelog.png

CHANGELOG 2.0

Based on European Samsumg firmware XXU1ANH6
    • Deodexed busybox root zipalign
    • Wipe/no Wipe
    • Debloatware
    • CSC Country Set
    • Sound Options
    • Knox free
    • Advanced Reboot menu in English and Italian thanks @daxgirl and @wuby
    * Modded settings with link to BoBCaTROM Control application, it include many options:
    - BatteryBar (thx @pvyParts http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=19878267 )
    - 3Minit Battery Settings mod (Thx @gharrington and 3Minit Team) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2799958
    - Xposed Intelli3g module
    - Multi Window Manager
    - Floating Pen-Windows app
    - 4 multiwindow MOD
    - Notification Toggle
    - BusyBox Manager
    - Viper4AndroidFX (thx ViPER520 @zhuhang http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223)
    - OTA Update Home with link to WUALA folder for Updates, Extra, Themes, link to XDA thread and donation button
    - OTA Update Pro, automatic alerts of new release with possibility to download it directly
    - Advanced Reboot menu in English and Italian thanks @daxgirl and @Wuby986
    * THEME CUSTOMIZATION
    - Tw Theme Manager
    - Gradient Statusbar (@thx potatoinc)
    - Theme Engine
    * Android Apps Themes Engine pro (thx @SArnab©® Vishalln11 )
    * Holo Themer Engine (thx @hamzahrmalik)
    - Keyboard Black-Blue
    - Keyboard Black-Glass
    - Dropdown
    (this features requires root a modified Recovery (CWM or TWRP)
    and active internet connection. The file will be downloaded into "Download" folder in your sdcard,
    after the download the phone will reboot into recovery and automatically install the file
    (to use it or turn off wanam exposed/gravitibox).
    * 14 dropdown images
    * INVERTED APPS (thx @Gunthermic DarkHorse) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2490100
    - Hangouts 2.3.75731955 v1(09/18)
    - Google Play 4.9.13 v3 (10/03)
    - YouTube 5.11.4 (10/05)
    * Xposed installer + modules
    - Xposed DPI settings
    - Intelli3g module
    - Greenify
    - Multiwindow Manager
    - YouTube Adaway (thx @wanam)
    - Boot Manager
    * UTILITY
    - Phone Info