Best Chromecast app for android

Search This thread

petardun

Dec 10, 2015
Hey guys, i'm looking for best android apps to stream videos to chromecast. The problem is that most of them only support mp4 files. I found only one that supports all file formats, it transcodes the file on the fly on your phone and streams directly to chromecast. its called Megacast. Does anyone know anything similar?

mjs2011

May 25, 2011
I usually just stream from es file explorer

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

izati

Nov 1, 2013
Yeah bubbleupnp is q pretty solid app, especially with transcoding for Chromecast.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

nurps

Dec 8, 2008
Whats the difference compared to screen mirroring? At least compared with ES Chromecast Player the screen mirroring runs much smoother.

DJames1

Oct 10, 2013
I think people are missing the point of the question about transcoding. While there are many good Chromecast-enabled video players on Android (e.g., Avia, AllCast, BubbleUPnP, LocalCast, Plex, AllConnect being just the few that I have on my tablet), mostly they don't support on-the-fly transcoding because phone processors simply aren't up to handling the task smoothly yet, and it would drain battery power at an alarming rate if they could. Some like Plex and BubbleUPnP support transcoding using a remote server. But really it's easier just to transcode all your videos to a common mp4 format that's compatible with everything instead of worrying about on-the-fly transcoding.

bubbleguuum

Dec 23, 2010
I think people are missing the point of the question about transcoding. While there are many good Chromecast-enabled video players on Android (e.g., Avia, AllCast, BubbleUPnP, LocalCast, Plex, AllConnect being just the few that I have on my tablet), mostly they don't support on-the-fly transcoding because phone processors simply aren't up to handling the task smoothly yet, and it would drain battery power at an alarming rate if they could. Some like Plex and BubbleUPnP support transcoding using a remote server. But really it's easier just to transcode all your videos to a common mp4 format that's compatible with everything instead of worrying about on-the-fly transcoding.

Sometimes, just the audio track of videos must be transcoded (DTS, AC3) and Android devices are powerful enough for this task (which BubbleUPnP can perform locally).

viappscompany

Mar 31, 2017
ViCast HD Google Cast (Chromecast) player

Guys, please try our new app;)
ViCast is a simple and stable HD Google Cast (Chromecast) player. Can be found on Google Play Market.
Enjoy casting your favourite media to the big screen!
We are working hard to provide you with a great opportunity to seamlessly watch your favourite HD movies. It’s highly optimized for streaming H.264 encoded videos and allows to play incompatible Google Cast media. Moreover, your media content will also be accessible via DLNA server.

SUPPORTED FORMATS:
Video: MP4, MKV, AVI, WEBM, MOV, WMV, MPG, 3GP, M4V.
Audio: MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV.
Photo: JPG, PNG, BMP, WEBP, GIF.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ViCast HD Google Cast (Chromecast) player

Guys, please try our new app;)
    ViCast is a simple and stable HD Google Cast (Chromecast) player. Can be found on Google Play Market.
    Enjoy casting your favourite media to the big screen!
    We are working hard to provide you with a great opportunity to seamlessly watch your favourite HD movies. It’s highly optimized for streaming H.264 encoded videos and allows to play incompatible Google Cast media. Moreover, your media content will also be accessible via DLNA server.

SUPPORTED FORMATS:
    Video: MP4, MKV, AVI, WEBM, MOV, WMV, MPG, 3GP, M4V.
    Audio: MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV.
    Photo: JPG, PNG, BMP, WEBP, GIF.