schap's RSS Hub default to storage card cab

Search This thread

Mark Crouch

Apr 5, 2006
Bristol
Thanks for that @venelar - I've tried searching for the post where the reg. entries were mentioned, but couldn't find it :( so until now my Kaiser has been RSSHub-less!

Cheers,

Mark.

viper-

May 1, 2008
thanks for that. trying to get this on a Treo 500, but it won't run. Probably because of the storage card defaults, what with there being no storage card in there.

do you know where I can get a 'vanilla' installer for this app?

chrisnz

Mar 8, 2008
This may not be the right thread, but I'm trying to find out if there is a way to allow images to download at refresh time. I refresh over wifi at home and then read my feeds on the commute to work and I'd love to have the images as well as the text! If I view when online, they download at viewing time, but the cost of cellular data here in NZ is ridiculous, so I avoid it whenever possible!

rmg

Mar 8, 2005
This may not be the right thread, but I'm trying to find out if there is a way to allow images to download at refresh time. I refresh over wifi at home and then read my feeds on the commute to work and I'd love to have the images as well as the text! If I view when online, they download at viewing time, but the cost of cellular data here in NZ is ridiculous, so I avoid it whenever possible!

I would also love to know if there is a solution to this at it drives me crazy!

stoker1

Jan 13, 2007
same here. Would also like the images..As far as I can see, there are no options in the menu to do that, however,, I did have the paid RSS hub beforehand, and I know for sure that there was an option available to download images in the paid version.

Azimuth21

Dec 11, 2006
San Jose, CA
I highly doubt that, because RSS Hub is just Ilium Software's NewsBreak, which doesn't have the ability to download pictures for offline viewing. The only one that I know that is capable of that is SPB Insight.

(btw, I'm still not clear. I checked RSS Hub and NewsBreak, and both are exactly the same, except the title. Did schaps get a hold of an OEM version of NewsBreak or something?)

chrisnz

Mar 8, 2008
given up now

Well, I've given up now and moved to the pRSSreader. Not quite as elegant as the RSShub, but it does cache images and links (if you configure it that way) in main memory or on the storage card.

babblerx

Aug 20, 2007
RSS Hub

how to read complete feed and images offline.
Can't do that, i am unable to do it!

Not sure if this is the right thread for my query, but I added a podcast feed (GeekBrief.TV) to RSS Hub and although it pulls the feed through OK, each time I try to download video, it tells me there is not enough memory. I'm not sure if the error means not enough free ram to execute the operation or not enough storage memory - though I have about 77mb device storage free and over 3gb free on the memory card.

I suspect the default download location is device storage, but I can't find any way to change it to memory card. Any ideas anyone?

Additionally, I downloaded the RSS Hub .cab in this thread, but when I tried to install it I received the 'insuffiecient permissions' message...help!!