[GUID] Enable Remote SIM Access Protocol (rSAP) on the OnePlus One, using QPST

Search This thread

Das.Flaigsi

Sep 17, 2007
This guid shows two things:
1. How to enable QPST and USB diag mode.
2. How to enable rSAP.

Please notice, I'm not responsible for any damage in hard- and software of your devices, if you are following this guid. You do all on your own risk.

1. For this guid your device have to be rooted.
  2. In the newer versions of OnePlus' CyanogenMod diag mode is disabled in kernal. Therefore you have to flash an earlier ROM. In this step download Calkulin's Stock Rooted XNPH44S ROM and store zip to your device.
  3. Go to recovery and make a full backup. This is really necessary to preserve the state of your phone.
  4. Wipe Dalvik Cache, System, Data and Cache. ATTENSION: This will delete all your settings, apps and app data!
  5. Install XNPH44S ROM
  6. After rebooting system go to Settings -> About Device -> tab ten times on Build-Number to unlock developer settings. Than go to Developer settings and make sure USB debugging is enabled.
  7. Download the package, containing driver and QPST
  8. Connect your device to USB, go to Settings -> Storage -> USB computer connection and deselect both MTP and PTP.
  9. For Win8 and Win10: restart with deactivated driver signature check.
  10. Open ADB (Android SDK) and type following commands:
    Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    su
    Code:
    setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb
  11. Go to Windows Device Manager and open Other Devices node. There are two entries of our device "A0001". Klick right on the first one and choose Update driver software -> Browse my computer... -> Let me pick from a list... -> Show all devices -> Have disk -> Browse...
  12. Browse to folder Driver in downloaded package, than open Win x64 or Win x86 corresponding to your system, select *.inf file and apply.
  13. After seccessful installation there is a Modems node in Device Manager, containing node HTC USB Modem. Right click and go to Properties. In top of the Modem tab page is the information about used COM-port. Remember that COM<number>.
  14. Go to QPST folder in downloaded package and execute setup.exe to install QPST.
  15. Open QPST Configuration from windows Start menu, go to Ports tab page and click on Add New Port.... Type (the remembered) COM<number> to the "Port:" text box and OPO to the "Port Label:" text box. Than click on OK.
    Active Phones tab page should now look like this:
    a94yipcq.png

Now you can use QPST.
  16. Open EFS Explorer from windows Start menu. It may take a moment to read data from your device.
  17. On left side you can see a folder tree like in file explorer. Navigate to /nv/item_files/modem/qmi/uim
  18. Click right on right side and than Copy Item File from PC. Browse to EFS Entry folder of downloaded package and choose file sap_security_restrictions.
  19. Close all windows and reboot your device. If you want, you can repeat the steps 10, 16 and 17 to verify success.
  20. Boot to recovery and restore your backup.
  21. Now go to Google Play and download app Bluetooth SIM Access Install and app Bluetooth SIM Access (Trial)
  22. Open Install app and click on Install system files. The phone have to reboot after installation. If you want to verify successful installation, open app again, the desintall button have to be enabled now.
  23. Enable your Bluetooth
  24. Open Bluetooth SIM Access (Trial) app go to Settings -> Check SIM Access. If there no errors and several entries with green check marks, than rSAP is working now.
    9lzsot9n.png

Files:
Package (On Mega click on 'download in browser')
ROM (On Mega click on 'download in browser')

Acknowledgement:
Thank you devilsshadow, for your tutorial, which showed me how to setup QPST.
Thank you Calkulin, for your ROM, which makes it possible to use QPST.
Special thanks goes to Martin , for developing his great apps and making our phones better.

Last edited:

Das.Flaigsi

Sep 17, 2007
Hi, do you have further informatiom about the crash? Exact error message?
Did you try windows compatibility mode?
I used win 8.1 x64. Sorry I don't have win 10 to test it.

rsap

Oct 28, 2010
Thank you very much for the precise description! I linked it from android-rsap :)

With my newly acquired OPO I first could not install the diag drivers. The USB id seems to have changed from VID_05C6&PID_6765&MI_00 to PID_676C. After changing that in the inf file the installation worked and I could run QPST.

Trizx

Mar 22, 2016
I'm wondering about this myself.

I was running jgcaap CM13 before I did enable RSAP. Took a backup of everything in TWRP first. And restored everything except EFS after (thought that if I flashed EFS I would loose rsap again, but I'm not sure). Everything is working fine btw :)

rsap

Oct 28, 2010
EFS Explorer crashes with a Runtime error upon opening sap_security _restrictions file.
Win 10 64Bit.

This seems to happen with more recent baseband versions. They require the "Factory Test Mode" (ftm_mode) to be set to allow changes. ftm_mode is NV item 453. It can be modified with the QXDM tool.

Now the value of ftm_mode is cached inside the baseband software. Currently I don't know a better solution than to reboot the phone. Sadly in some phones (OnePlus 2) the value doesn't survive the reboot.

Reactions: Das.Flaigsi

hums87

Mar 22, 2011
Great. Thanks a lot.

Can i flash after enabling rSAP CM13, or will it disable rSAP again?

Thank you.
Yesterday I do enable RSAP, wow I am really happy about that.

What happens when do a full wipe for flash and install an clean ROM? Is RSAP deactivated again?

Gesendet von meinem A0001 mit Tapatalk

Das.Flaigsi

Sep 17, 2007
Could someone tell me what this is good for?:D

RSAP (remote SIM access protocol) is a communication standard for free speeking systems. Eg. Volkswagen concern uses it in its cars. The SIM of your phone is cloned per bluetooth to your cars build in mobile phone module. The radio functions (calling/SMS) are disabled on your phone while connection and executed by your car. That is good for battery, electro smog in your car and connectivity.
But it have drawbacks too. No internet connection on phone while connection. This problem is solved in newer cars by providing a wifi hotspot, which uses the internet contract of your SIM.

Reactions: Flatric

r0tati0n

Jun 30, 2015
Hi :)

If I open Bluetooth SIM Access (Trial) app, there is no "Check SIM access" option.
Did I do something wrong?

r0tati0n

Jun 30, 2015

Altough I couldnt find anything in there too...

In the installer app I get 3 check marks:
System Files installed, Connect to Socket, Connect to SIM, all green.

Does that mean I have RSAP?
Do I need anything else?
Can I uninstall the app and keep RSAP?

Das.Flaigsi

Sep 17, 2007

Altough I couldnt find anything in there too...

In the installer app I get 3 check marks:
System Files installed, Connect to Socket, Connect to SIM, all green.

Does that mean I have RSAP?
Do I need anything else?
Can I uninstall the app and keep RSAP?

I think so. Test it with your car. Thats the reason why the trial app exists. But you have to know that the trial app swaps numbers in contact, therefore it is not good for all day use.
I haven't uninstalled the installer app. In this app you can see updates for the system files. But the updates are seldom and if the installed version works for you, I think it's no problem to uninstall it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This guid shows two things:
    1. How to enable QPST and USB diag mode.
    2. How to enable rSAP.

Please notice, I'm not responsible for any damage in hard- and software of your devices, if you are following this guid. You do all on your own risk.

1. For this guid your device have to be rooted.
    2. In the newer versions of OnePlus' CyanogenMod diag mode is disabled in kernal. Therefore you have to flash an earlier ROM. In this step download Calkulin's Stock Rooted XNPH44S ROM and store zip to your device.
    3. Go to recovery and make a full backup. This is really necessary to preserve the state of your phone.
    4. Wipe Dalvik Cache, System, Data and Cache. ATTENSION: This will delete all your settings, apps and app data!
    5. Install XNPH44S ROM
    6. After rebooting system go to Settings -> About Device -> tab ten times on Build-Number to unlock developer settings. Than go to Developer settings and make sure USB debugging is enabled.
    7. Download the package, containing driver and QPST
    8. Connect your device to USB, go to Settings -> Storage -> USB computer connection and deselect both MTP and PTP.
    9. For Win8 and Win10: restart with deactivated driver signature check.
    10. Open ADB (Android SDK) and type following commands:
      Code:
      adb shell
      Code:
      su
      Code:
      setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb
    11. Go to Windows Device Manager and open Other Devices node. There are two entries of our device "A0001". Klick right on the first one and choose Update driver software -> Browse my computer... -> Let me pick from a list... -> Show all devices -> Have disk -> Browse...
    12. Browse to folder Driver in downloaded package, than open Win x64 or Win x86 corresponding to your system, select *.inf file and apply.
    13. After seccessful installation there is a Modems node in Device Manager, containing node HTC USB Modem. Right click and go to Properties. In top of the Modem tab page is the information about used COM-port. Remember that COM<number>.
    14. Go to QPST folder in downloaded package and execute setup.exe to install QPST.
    15. Open QPST Configuration from windows Start menu, go to Ports tab page and click on Add New Port.... Type (the remembered) COM<number> to the "Port:" text box and OPO to the "Port Label:" text box. Than click on OK.
      Active Phones tab page should now look like this:
      a94yipcq.png

Now you can use QPST.
    16. Open EFS Explorer from windows Start menu. It may take a moment to read data from your device.
    17. On left side you can see a folder tree like in file explorer. Navigate to /nv/item_files/modem/qmi/uim
    18. Click right on right side and than Copy Item File from PC. Browse to EFS Entry folder of downloaded package and choose file sap_security_restrictions.
    19. Close all windows and reboot your device. If you want, you can repeat the steps 10, 16 and 17 to verify success.
    20. Boot to recovery and restore your backup.
    21. Now go to Google Play and download app Bluetooth SIM Access Install and app Bluetooth SIM Access (Trial)
    22. Open Install app and click on Install system files. The phone have to reboot after installation. If you want to verify successful installation, open app again, the desintall button have to be enabled now.
    23. Enable your Bluetooth
    24. Open Bluetooth SIM Access (Trial) app go to Settings -> Check SIM Access. If there no errors and several entries with green check marks, than rSAP is working now.
      9lzsot9n.png

Files:
    Package (On Mega click on 'download in browser')
    ROM (On Mega click on 'download in browser')

Acknowledgement:
    Thank you devilsshadow, for your tutorial, which showed me how to setup QPST.
    Thank you Calkulin, for your ROM, which makes it possible to use QPST.
    Special thanks goes to Martin , for developing his great apps and making our phones better.
    Great! Thanks a lot! :)
    Finally got my OPO working with my VW premium bluetooth car system :D
    EFS Explorer crashes with a Runtime error upon opening sap_security _restrictions file.
    Win 10 64Bit.

This seems to happen with more recent baseband versions. They require the "Factory Test Mode" (ftm_mode) to be set to allow changes. ftm_mode is NV item 453. It can be modified with the QXDM tool.

Now the value of ftm_mode is cached inside the baseband software. Currently I don't know a better solution than to reboot the phone. Sadly in some phones (OnePlus 2) the value doesn't survive the reboot.
    Thanks for the hint. I will reupload it soon and give an announcement.
    Could someone tell me what this is good for?:D

RSAP (remote SIM access protocol) is a communication standard for free speeking systems. Eg. Volkswagen concern uses it in its cars. The SIM of your phone is cloned per bluetooth to your cars build in mobile phone module. The radio functions (calling/SMS) are disabled on your phone while connection and executed by your car. That is good for battery, electro smog in your car and connectivity.
    But it have drawbacks too. No internet connection on phone while connection. This problem is solved in newer cars by providing a wifi hotspot, which uses the internet contract of your SIM.