TELUS/Bell/Rogers Note 2 I317M users 4.3 update is here!

Search This thread

bugs9477

Jun 30, 2007
Penticton
Also if any are concerned I was running cleanROM and rooted until recently, I am back to stock unrooted and done so by flashing latest Telus ROM from Sammobile thats it I am not aware of the triangle or flash counts state .... or what ever it is but I haven't done triangle away.

I got the update through the check for updates feature but wasn't notified of the update.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: shirazs

shirazs

Feb 13, 2011
Also if any are concerned I was running cleanROM and rooted until recently, I am back to stock unrooted and done so by flashing latest Telus ROM from Sammobile thats it I am not aware of the triangle or flash counts state .... or what ever it is but I haven't done triangle away.

I got the update through the check for updates feature but wasn't notified of the update.

Thanks, I too am on Cleanrom on Rogers. So if I understand what you've done to get back to stock, simply download the official 4.1.2 for Rogers (in my case), install via ODIN and that will remove the root? I found the latest 4.3 for Rogers on Sammobile so I guess once I've downgraded to 4.1.2 I can ODIN the 4.3

bugs9477

Jun 30, 2007
Penticton
Thanks, I too am on Cleanrom on Rogers. So if I understand what you've done to get back to stock, simply download the official 4.1.2 for Rogers (in my case), install via ODIN and that will remove the root? I found the latest 4.3 for Rogers on Sammobile so I guess once I've downgraded to 4.1.2 I can ODIN the 4.3

Is it safe to say your 4.3 is available for you?

That is exactly what I did... but I still haven't installed 4.3 so I don't know if it will be successful due to the flash counter any way.

Still not backed up yet but once I am I'll be trying it!

Let me know how it goes for you.

Last edited:

ordio

Nov 3, 2010
Calgary

alquistador

Jan 3, 2011
I am using Jedi 20. can I flash this via team win recovery or do I flash via Odin? Do I install the bell rom that my phone came with my phone and then Odin?

Sorry about the new questions have never gone back to a stock rom
Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app

urself25

Nov 22, 2009
Gatineau
I am using Jedi 20. can I flash this via team win recovery or do I flash via Odin? Do I install the bell rom that my phone came with my phone and then Odin?

You should go back to stock before making an update from Samsung. Some custom ROM don't play well with stock rom and can cause either glitches or either not being able to boot.

Reactions: alquistador

bugs9477

Jun 30, 2007
Penticton

Get the bell 4.3 rom from Sammobile and flash via ODIN thats it!

Also after installing you may have network issues so you will have to open the dialer and do the IMEI thing I'll post back in a minute with what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

Cityelf

Nov 26, 2013
Ottawa
I am also on Jedi X 20 with Rogers. Could I flash this with Mobile Odin using the Ever Root feature?

UPDATE: I took a bit of a risk but I have flashed it with Mobile Odin with Ever Root and everything's good to go! Still rooted! Just restoring applications/app data now. :)

Last edited:

skooby1doo

Oct 6, 2011
ottawa
Man i been waiting just about forever for this damm upgrade tis a happy happy day :D

hey bugs9477 that imei thing your talking about is that just for bell or all canadian cell providers

shirazs

Feb 13, 2011
I was thinking of simply Odin to 4.3 from cleanrom instead of stock 4.1.2 and then 4.3 my only issue right is I need root for a couple of critical root apps I use. Will have to wait for someone to create a Stock 4.3 root version. Hopefully, it won't be too long of a wait :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rooted!

idk gang, I'm going to wait for devs to grab this, root it, add note3 features etc b4 doing an official update.

I have root access - pretty easy actually. Here is what I did:

1) Install the 4.3 update from sammobile via odin - let it boot
    2) reboot and install cwm via odin - you can get the latest here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47607315
    3) reboot into recovery and install supersu using cwm - I believe the latest is here: http://download.chainfire.eu/204

EDIT: use this supersu instead: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47884836&postcount=54

Thats it! Now restoring my apps and data using Titanium backup.
    705.39MB

I'm not installing until the morning I'm too tired!

Hey everyone.

Chiming in about the update.

So I got it today and had a few issues but corrected them, want to share with others what problems I had if anyone else encounters this.

First thing upon updating I check my flash count status to see what they've done. There is a Knox flag in the bootloader however since our phones (atleast ones manufactured before July 2013) don't not have efuses I noticed its a bit different.

By default it showed for me Knox warranty flag: 0

I'm a big CWM user and decided to go ahead and continue to use PhilZ's CWM touch. Even with the custom flag being switched and the flash count going to 1 my Knox flag remained at 0.

My guess is that if the phone doesn't have an efuse this doesn't change, however I also noticed that the Knox software that they give you on the update is just an starter file and you actually need to download Knox fully on your own if you want it. So maybe because it is not fully installed they flag remains at 0 as well, just a guess.

Upon flashing CWM I installed the latest root from Chainfire, 1.80 however I ran into a problem.
    Root worked but SuperSu would crash and I would also get nagged by Samsung security about it and any root app.
    I figured out that previously I had used the option in SuperSu to convert it into a system app this is what caused it to crash.
    To fix this I used ES file explore to make the system directory writable and had to manually delete the Superuser.apk, reboot & then reinstall off playstore. After all this everything is working fine as it should.

About the security nagging the new SuperSU 1.80 has an option to get rid of this, but you can also manually just disable all the Knox programs using titanium backup as well.

Sent from my SGH-I317M
    Already running it since morning, all smooth and good.

cant find air command options

anyone ?