[DEV_CLOSED] HoliRaider FINAL - Sense 3.5 /APM/Beats/DSPAudio/Amaze/Bravia

Search This thread

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
There aren't even that many limitations... What other radios were you planning on flashing? Because I'm having a hard time finding them.

I was under the assumption that ICS was going to have issues without S-Off...irrespective, there seems to be a huge shortage of devs...thats not to say that the 3 we have arent good, from using PG rom thats really good, just never updated because of his work, and WC!

KCutrer1

Sep 5, 2009
Huntington Beach, CA
HTC announced at MWC that the Vivid will be getting ICS and a new sense in the coming weeks, so it looks like it isn't that far off.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

jazzmoe76

Jan 2, 2012
Wauwatosa
If anyone has or can point me to the 4g restore patch, it would be greatly appreciated. I am unable to get it because BC has pulled the link. Thank you in advance.

itzallgood707

Dec 10, 2010
Nevermind found a link a few pages back.

Does anybody have a link for this rom? Thank you in advance.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Last edited:

shogunmark

Retired Senior Moderator
May 10, 2006
Ok, this thread has been requested to be re-opened as there are a lot useful links, etc.

So here is the deal.. i have deleted anything that hasnt been specific to this rom since everything went down. I will be watching this thread and delete anything unnecessary. I will keep it open unless BC requests it to be closed.

Keep it on track please!!!

fredy915

Apr 17, 2011
So is there anything new that I have to flash other than the rom ? Because Im download it right now and I havnt read anything aboutba new kernal since I'm upgrading from 1.25

Sent from my HTC Raider X710e using xda premium

plaster

Nov 11, 2007
Houston
So is there anything new that I have to flash other than the rom ? Because Im download it right now and I havnt read anything aboutba new kernal since I'm upgrading from 1.25

There is a newer kernel in his kernel thread.

On a side note, has anyone been able to increase the earpiece volume? That is the only issue I've found in 1.75. I switched from the latest Illuminati rom and the in call earpiece volume is at least double that of holicakes. The overall performance is excellent, but at the end of the day it is a phone and I need to be able to hear people on the other end.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

fredy915

Apr 17, 2011
Thanks for letting me know .
There is a newer kernel in his kernel thread.

On a side note, has anyone been able to increase the earpiece volume? That is the only issue I've found in 1.75. I switched from the latest Illuminati rom and the in call earpiece volume is at least double that of holicakes. The overall performance is excellent, but at the end of the day it is a phone and I need to be able to hear people on the other end.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
I was under the assumption that ICS was going to have issues without S-Off...irrespective, there seems to be a huge shortage of devs...thats not to say that the 3 we have arent good, from using PG rom thats really good, just never updated because of his work, and WC!

There are more than three dev's. Just not all of us cook for public consumption. My cup of tea is finding wasted space, incorrectly formatted drivers & configuration files & optimizing files for the best experience. I send ideas as well as files to several devs along with guidance on things most chefs include needlessly in roms.

For ICS to work (we have limited access to an ICS Vivid) the bootloader needs to be updated. This means waiting for HTC/AT&T to release the update, or getting back on the road to S-Off. S-Off has been acheived on a few test devices, but it not an easily implemented process at this point & it requires some paid development software & working knowledge of SQL, SPL, IDA, an Arn Cross Compiler as well as knowledge of firmware & radio modding. JCase may be helpful in acheiving S-Off on the Holiday as so far I haven't heard back from the dev with the ICS Vivid that I gave some special extraction directions to.

Worse comes to worse, I may just pick u where this rom left off. In the mean time, I am working on a couple driver projects as well as rehashing the S-Off initiative.

come at me bro

Aug 9, 2011
Would a hboot image from a s-off device help,but I'm sure we alread have a few of those
There are more than three dev's. Just not all of us cook for public consumption. My cup of tea is finding wasted space, incorrectly formatted drivers & configuration files & optimizing files for the best experience. I send ideas as well as files to several devs along with guidance on things most chefs include needlessly in roms.

For ICS to work (we have limited access to an ICS Vivid) the bootloader needs to be updated. This means waiting for HTC/AT&T to release the update, or getting back on the road to S-Off. S-Off has been acheived on a few test devices, but it not an easily implemented process at this point & it requires some paid development software & working knowledge of SQL, SPL, IDA, an Arn Cross Compiler as well as knowledge of firmware & radio modding. JCase may be helpful in acheiving S-Off on the Holiday as so far I haven't heard back from the dev with the ICS Vivid that I gave some special extraction directions to.

Worse comes to worse, I may just pick u where this rom left off. In the mean time, I am working on a couple driver projects as well as rehashing the S-Off initiative.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FINAL Log

• Swipe to Remove Notification (by hansip87, modify by 레이더스님)
    • improve audio from MIUI
    • modify build.prop
    • Screen wake on incoming call fixed with CRT on/off (I Hopeㅠㅠ)
    • & more..

KERNEL

REMOVE CRT ON/OFF

I'm waiting for raider's ICS RUU leak.. cause i need new Raider's hboot..
    Then I'll start cooking again

DOWNLOAD

xboarder56's HTC-Vivid-Raider-Velocity forum
    http://www.android-dev.us/forumdisplay.php?-HTC-Vivid-Raider-Velocity
    And if you remember my PM, I told you once the final was released & the terms complete, that not only could you use it that I might even be able to help you customize a version of it for your rom, personalizing the actual tweaks app for your rom with Icons & images. I think that was fair & especially kind considering you had posted about including these in a rom a day or two before asking if it was cool to use it.

The bottom line is that pretty much anyone we be able to use this in whatever rom they want, including cooks....All of them...

So you were never told no, you were asked to respect the demands & hard work of those that wanted these mods & volunteered to help & to wait until the final version was released that wouldn't generate bugs & that is compatible with the Raider/Velocity & Vivid roms.

It's not about sharing, from day one this has been a project about collaboration & improving development for the Holiday line.

It's not about favorites, because with GB I used your rom & added what I needed for my personal use, but I preferred using your Holiraider rom as my base rom.

It's just about respect & being patient for a final version to be released, terms being fulfilled & then of course it will be available for cooks to use.

The reason I even put a release up was to draw & keep interest in the Vivid. I was also very careful about spelling out exactly what was going on & why it was not okay to use for public distribution yet, the whole reason that the post is so long & detailed with this very information.

THE FINAL WORD ON THE ISSUE:
    These mods will be available for anyone to use, the tweak app that can control & do more than imaginable with these tweaks also may be available for public & even customized for those that respect the terms. The tweaks app itself is not a part of the GPL. It is a GUI & program written after many months of work by Jan & teammates to get the tweaks app functioning properly & to make all of the modifications to the framework & programs. We in the Vivid section have it easy because a lot of the hard work was done by them months ago, but as roms change & ICS was introduced, many things needed to be fixed & redone. The original EQS would not work with the newer HTC Camera versions until Jan fixed it.

In summary, all cooks will be able to officially use the mods & hopefully the tweaks app itself as well. It just needs to finished & officially released before it is okayed for public distribution in public roms. Making a fuss about not being able to use it this second just frustrates developers & is disruptive to the community & will hurt all the cooks in the long run because then things won't get done & released, or when they are they will be completely re-written as a new overlay or secondary GUI making them non-distributable, or worse yet, released as a completely re-written user side base code that is sold via Android Market & not shared at all. These are the considerations that went into the making of the mods & the app. I want to keep things open & allow other talented members to contribute with their unique skill set. For that to happen & for community development to continue & to thrive, developers need to know that the Holiday forum section can respect the wishes of contributing developers. The only reason a preview was even published by me, was to show users & developers that much can be done with the Vivid & that it is a great device. I have or have had in the last six months to year, several Sensation variations, a Thunderbolt, A Galaxy S2, Galaxy SGS2 SkyRocket, Galaxy Nexus, Captivate Glide, Inspire, a Vigor/Rezound & of course the Vivid. After using each, I determined that the Vivid was the best device for me & I further believe that it is the best overall device available today period. It was horribly marketed & the S-Off debacle really hurt sales of the device. However, anyone that uses it sees that it is clearly a flagship device, even if they decide that it does not suit them. You cannot argue about the build quality of the Vivid. Through my correspondence with HTC, it seems they agree & the Vivid became the first ICS update device & the only other US device to natively support Beats & they took it serious enough to announce it at MWC alongside the unveiling of the One series.

To this date, I do not release public roms. I used to release roms privately for select users & friends & am capable of cooking roms for the public. But I prefer to work on low level firmware & drivers & modifications that enhance the device. Things that end up being used in other roms Like the VVM multi-device apk that was used in non-AT&T based roms, as well as the Captivate Glide, SkyRocket & many other devices. I want to help make things that users of all roms can enjoy & use. That said, once the final touches are finished & an official complete release is done & the stipulated agreements staisfied, YOU & ANY OTHER VIVD/VELOCITY/RAIDER cook can use the finished product in your roms. There is much more to this than a few framework files & finding a Version from another device that is compatible. There are many icon changes, resources added & removed (which means they also need to be correctly identified in framework), bad magic issues to deal with, connectivity icons & resources that are specific to each model in the Holiday line & library files that had to be moddified for certain features to even work at all. Not to mention all the graphic & coding work, both java smali, as well as coding a proprietary IP application that allows users to further customize each aspect of the mods, so that users can truly have control over their device & how it is customized.

This isn't about you or any cook for that matter. It is about the Vivid & giving the end-user a better experience regardless of what rom they decide to use. I don't endorse any particular rom or cook & am just trying to be an advocate for collaborative development & for the end-user, the members of XDA that have stuck by the Vivid.

So just take a deep breath & relax. Work on building a sweet & bug free rom & when it is done & the tweaks & mods are finished & released, you can integrate them into your release without worrying about a ton of bugs & issues that are going to clutter threads with questions that can't be answered unless you have knowledge of how these mods all come together & are controlled with the master tweak app.

Also of interest is that almost all of the apps, including OEM fall under the Apache licensing (ASL), not GPLv2 & GPL only cover the Linux side of things, i.e. Kernel...
    You just don't get it...

I have PM'd you in the past about issues (Even to help fix your bugs) & your response was to not share.

But that is not what this is about. This is about a group of users that responded to my call through the forum & came together to work on developing new & porting old tweaks to the Vivid.

Many people responded & contributed, you were not one of them.

The tweaks I released were done for USERS & after discussion with all of the PARTICIPANTS, it was agreed that it was fair & honest to allow the contributors, those that actually participated, to release these items (the finished & bug free version) in a public rom before anyone else gets to.

Once items are complete & officially released, then they will be available to all to use.

This is the same stipulation that has been associated with these tweaks from there inception.

You say it's not fair that you don't get to use them right away? I, and most others I think, agree that it is not fair for a non-participant to assume he has right to the work of others before officially released by those that put in the time.
    HoliRaider FINAL release..
    I'm waiting for raider's ICS RUU leak.. cause i need new Raider's hboot..
    My next task will be a Raider's ICS...:):D

xboarder56's HTC-Vivid-Raider-Velocity forum
    www.android-dev.us