[Q] connecting USB headphones to microUSB

Search This thread

Xxul

Jun 28, 2011
ok so if i would like to connect my USB headphones (logitech G35)
to ANY android device/tablet that has a microUSB port, how would i accomplish that? (if it is even possible..)

p.s or if not, can it be somehow connected to a 3.5mm jack in?

So, engineers, tell me if the above mentioned is possible.

Thanks!

Parastie

Apr 27, 2010
Malta
ok so if i would like to connect my USB headphones (logitech G35)
to ANY android device/tablet that has a microUSB port, how would i accomplish that? (if it is even possible..)

p.s or if not, can it be somehow connected to a 3.5mm jack in?

So, engineers, tell me if the above mentioned is possible.

Thanks!

Not sure about the USB part, but how much experience do you have a soldering iron? :D

PhoenixFx

Dec 1, 2006
AFAIK, this is not possible with the current Android Operating systems, however it might be possible with future platforms supporting the new Android Open Accessory support.

edit : As for connecting a standard 3.5mm jack, you should be able to do this if you bypass the USB sound card part and connect it directly to the wires coming out of the headphones. But depending on the headphones the USB soundcard circuitry (where the signal is converted from Digital to Analog) could be inside the headphones, somewhere in the middle of the cable or in the USB plug itself; you have to figure out where it is and attach the audio jack to the wires after the soundcard (where the signal is analog).

Last edited:

Xxul

Jun 28, 2011
Not sure about the USB part, but how much experience do you have a soldering iron? :D

HAHAHAHAH maaaaaaaaaann i haven't used those since childhood :D

AFAIK, this is not possible with the current Android Operating systems, however it might be possible with future platforms supporting the new Android Open Accessory support.

edit : As for connecting a standard 3.5mm jack, you should be able to do this if you bypass the USB sound card part and connect it directly to the wires coming out of the headphones. But depending on the headphones the USB soundcard circuitry (where the signal is converted from Digital to Analog) could be inside the headphones, somewhere in the middle of the cable or in the USB plug itself; you have to figure out where it is and attach the audio jack to the wires after the soundcard (where the signal is analog).

yeah, i think i know what i would need to do..
however since they costed a little fortune i won't try to experiment on em' in that matter :D