[KERNEL][ARC/ARC S] Advanced Stock (with Recovery) [Rel:v01][Dt:1/JAN][FW:.42/58/62]

Search This thread

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
so here is a Advanced Stock Kernel for stock SE 4.0.2.A.0.42/.58/.62 FW... all the features in this and TONS more are there in my DooMKernel... this is ment for those users who do not want to use my DooMKernel (for what ever reason)...

the main kernel zImage is from Xperia ARC FW 4.0.2.A.0.62 only the ramdisk has changes and some awesome features!!

[ disclaimer ]

I AM NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF U DAMAGE UR PHONE / SPILL UR COFFEE / MISS UR ALARMS / ANY OTHER CALAMITY/MISHAP

[ WARNING ]

"Partition SDCard" option in CWM5 WILL WIPE UR SDCARD!!!

[ features ]

• [v01 onwards] added my modCWM-v04 TouchEdition Recovery
  • [v01 onwards] will create /sd-ext mounting point (for actually mounting the partition use an init.d script)
  • [v01 onwards] added some mounting tweaks
  • [v01 onwards] added support for bootsounds (currently broken on stock rom but same code works perfectly on CM7 so i will work more on this later)
  • [v01 onwards] added some tweaks for sdcard performance, Virtual Memory teaks, task killer tweaks
  • [v01 onwards] added support for init.d scripts (/system/etc/init.d)
  • [v01 onwards] added support for userinit scripts:
    • if sd-ext is mounted then it will execute /sd-ext/userinit.sh & shell scripts in /sd-ext/userinit.d/ folder
    • also scripts in /data/local/ will be executed... it will execute /data/local/userinit.sh & shell scripts in /data/local/userinit.d/ folder
  • [v01 onwards] autorooting (prerooted)
    • su binary & superuser.apk will automatically be installed by kernel :D
    • busybox already installed in /sbin/
  • [v01 onwards] insecure ramdisk
    • ramdisk is insecure (ro.secure=0)
    • adb server is persistent
    • usb debugging enabled
    • rootfs and /system mounted as rw (thank you Blagus for the tip ;))

[ credits for features ]

refer to my Arc kernel thread

[ requirements ]

• stock SE 4.0.2.A.0.42/.58/.62 FW
  • bootloader unlocked
  • working fastboot

[ how to install this kernel ]

1. download the boot.img
  2. save the boot.img in the folder with fastboot binaries (fastboot.exe files)
  3. power down device
  4. start device in fastboot mode
  5. use the following command to flash the boot.img
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
  6. reboot phone and enjoy the kernel ;)

Incase you are installing this over kernel other than stock, you may run into wifi not working issue... in that case flash the wifi modules for stock kernel via recovery to get it working again...

[ how to enter recovery ]

1. entry key is the BACK button
  2. there are multiple notifications to tell u when to press the entry key:
    • LED will light up to BLUE
    • Key backlight will start glowing
    • the phone will vibrate when its waiting for keypress
  3. thats it you should now enter my custom recovery

[ how to use/navigate in recovery ]

• BACK button to GO BACK
  • MENU button to SELECT
  • VOLUME UP button to GO UP
  • VOLUME DOWN button to GO DOWN

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ downloads ]

<NEW>

[ARC/ARC S] Advanced Stock (FW: 4.0.2.A.0.42/.58/.62)
[ MD5HASH: 18e5311f119b505132c5ea65bb1a8f8c ]

[ for modders/themers/others ]

hey guys here i am attaching a template update.zip which has been tested to work on the recovery provided here... u can add ur stuff to that file and edit the updater-script so that the u can flash ur files via this recovery...
basically it contains the correct combination of update-binary & mounting syntax...

this file is NOT required for normal/general users

TEMPLATE UPDATE.ZIP (v1)

icon8.gif

cheers!

Last edited:

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Features of my custom touch edition recovery

base recovery sources are from koush/CyanogenMod/FreeXperia Team... i have added more features to it and my team mate, Napstar, has worked on adding the Touch capabilities...

[ features ]

• revamped layout for recovery menu (to improve navigation) [renamed few options and changed their order]
  • changed "wipe data/factory reset" option to just "factory reset", and detailed the partitions which will be wiped
  • added reboot options
    • reboot into system
    • reboot into recovery
    • reboot into fastboot mode
  • some modification in "Partition SDCard" section:
    • put up a confirmation to warn the user that this option will wipe sdcard
    • added ability to select filesystem when creating new layout
  • add confirmation to "backup" option in Nandroid menu... it used to keep getting pressed by mistake and start making backups immediately... now it will ask u before starting backup ;)
  • removed tons of "NO"s from some menus...

1. when the device is booting the new bootlogo will be shown, keep watching the notification LED
  2. when the LED turns BLUE keep pressing the BACK button
  3. you will now enter my custom recovery

[ how to navigate in recovery ]

• the recovery is touch edition so controls are on screen
  • if someone prefers to use hardware buttons the the mapping is as follows:
    • BACK button -- to go BACK in menu
    • HOME button -- to SELECT menu item
    • VOLUP button -- to navigate UP in menu
    • VOLDN button -- to navigate DOWN in menu

Last edited:

samuel109

Aug 8, 2011
The ones who do not want to use your doom kernal is because we do not want to unlock boatloader..

Sent from my LT15i using XDA App

Reactions: 2wayRadio

Ninolina

Dec 1, 2009
Beograd
so here is a Advanced Stock Kernel for stock SE 4.0.2.A.0.42/.58/.62 FW... all the features in this and TONS more are there in my DooMKernel... this is ment for those users who do not want to use my DooMKernel (for what ever reason)...

the main kernel zImage is from Xperia ARC FW 4.0.2.A.0.62 only the ramdisk has changes and some awesome features!!

[ disclaimer ]

I AM NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF U DAMAGE UR PHONE / SPILL UR COFFEE / MISS UR ALARMS / ANY OTHER CALAMITY/MISHAP

[ WARNING ]

[ features ]

• [v01 onwards] will create /sd-ext mounting point (for actually mounting the partition use an init.d script)
  • [v01 onwards] added support for bootsounds (currently broken on stock rom but same code works perfectly on CM7 so i will work more on this later)
  • [v01 onwards] added some tweaks for sdcard performance, Virtual Memory teaks, task killer tweaks
    • if sd-ext is mounted then it will execute /sd-ext/userinit.sh & shell scripts in /sd-ext/userinit.d/ folder
    • also scripts in /data/local/ will be executed... it will execute /data/local/userinit.sh & shell scripts in /data/local/userinit.d/ folder
    • usb debugging enabled

[ credits for features ]

[ requirements ]

• bootloader unlocked
  • working fastboot

1. download the boot.img
  3. power down device
    Code:

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ downloads ]

<NEW>

hey guys here i am attaching a template update.zip which has been tested to work on the recovery provided here... u can add ur stuff to that file and edit the updater-script so that the u can flash ur files via this recovery...
basically it contains the correct combination of update-binary & mounting syntax...

TEMPLATE UPDATE.ZIP (v1)

icon8.gif

cheers!

My WiFi doesn't work...:( It says Error in Settings...:( I also tried to fix it by flashing the DooMLord Modules but that didn't helped... Any way to solve this?

Reactions: 2wayRadio

tRippinthehead

Dec 8, 2010
all the features in this and TONS more are there in my DooMKernel... this is ment for those users who do not want to use my DooMKernel (for what ever reason)...

I think that the only ONE reason that users still stay on stock kernel - it better battery life :C

cuz in all other things your kernel is GREAT! :) I don't see any more reasons.

Last edited:

ishishkin

Jan 11, 2011
Hi, I have installed this kernel to see will it drain batt... But I see that there is no sartass governors...can they be installed?

tomatos

May 13, 2011
Szombathely
Sorry Doom: i have a stupid question. This Kernel is from stock kernel and in this Kernel just the CWM and little bit other feature added?

Thank you for the answer

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

[ disclaimer ]

[ WARNING ]

[ features ]

• usb debugging enabled

[ credits for features ]

[ requirements ]

• bootloader unlocked
    • working fastboot

1. download the boot.img
    3. power down device
      Code:

Incase you are installing this over kernel other than stock, you may run into wifi not working issue... in that case flash the wifi modules for stock kernel via recovery to get it working again...

1. entry key is the BACK button
    2. there are multiple notifications to tell u when to press the entry key:
      • LED will light up to BLUE
      • Key backlight will start glowing
      • the phone will vibrate when its waiting for keypress
    3. thats it you should now enter my custom recovery

[ how to use/navigate in recovery ]

• BACK button to GO BACK
    • MENU button to SELECT
    • VOLUME UP button to GO UP
    • VOLUME DOWN button to GO DOWN

[ donations ]

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ downloads ]

<NEW>

TEMPLATE UPDATE.ZIP (v1)

icon8.gif

cheers!
    Features of my custom touch edition recovery

base recovery sources are from koush/CyanogenMod/FreeXperia Team... i have added more features to it and my team mate, Napstar, has worked on adding the Touch capabilities...

[ features ]

• revamped layout for recovery menu (to improve navigation) [renamed few options and changed their order]
    • changed "wipe data/factory reset" option to just "factory reset", and detailed the partitions which will be wiped
    • added reboot options
      • reboot into system
      • reboot into recovery
      • reboot into fastboot mode
    • some modification in "Partition SDCard" section:
      • put up a confirmation to warn the user that this option will wipe sdcard
      • added ability to select filesystem when creating new layout
    • add confirmation to "backup" option in Nandroid menu... it used to keep getting pressed by mistake and start making backups immediately... now it will ask u before starting backup ;)
    • removed tons of "NO"s from some menus...

1. when the device is booting the new bootlogo will be shown, keep watching the notification LED
    2. when the LED turns BLUE keep pressing the BACK button
    3. you will now enter my custom recovery

[ how to navigate in recovery ]

• the recovery is touch edition so controls are on screen
    • if someone prefers to use hardware buttons the the mapping is as follows:
      • BACK button -- to go BACK in menu
      • HOME button -- to SELECT menu item
      • VOLUP button -- to navigate UP in menu
      • VOLDN button -- to navigate DOWN in menu
    reserved for later2
    I just want to give you a feedback on using this Advanced Stock Kernel provided by DooMLorD...:) It works great on my ARC S with XPERIA MOD v4 ROM...:) My battery life is better then with DooMLorDs Kernel v15...:) Now with ASK v1 it is from 0,5 - 2% in iddle (depends on my active services: - 0,5% per hour when I switch off WiFi, Background Data and Push Mail - and 2% per hour in iddle when WiFi, Background Data and Push Mail is ON). With DooMLorD Kernel v15 the battery drain per hour in iddle with the same usage was 3 - 5%. Also I must admit that DooMLorD Kernel v15 has its advantages like a little faster and smoother Device, but battery life is very important to me...:) Also I really need to have Recovery too, and this is great solution to have it both...:)

So the battery life with this Kernel is great...:) Since there is no Smartass2 I use Ondemand scaling....:) Is there a way to add Smartass2 to this Kernel?

Thanks DooMLorD for this and everything else you do for Xperia community...:)
    try the stock ones doom has provided in his other thread:-

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1172885