[KITCHEN] Raphael Kitchen (From JugglerLKR and JCEspi2005)

Search This thread

kanzen

Feb 13, 2005
Please give me a hint...

I dont remember how, but I managed to download the ROM from my Touch Pro a few weeks ago.
I got 4 files named: Part00.raw, Part01.raw, Part02.raw and Part03.raw.

I can't do anything with those files. Winrar, WinISO, etc etc, doesn't recognize them. There is no way I can find to extrac those raw files.

Does somebody know what to do next with them?

jcespi2005

Feb 15, 2006
Madrid
OnePlus 9 Pro
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Please give me a hint...

I dont remember how, but I managed to download the ROM from my Touch Pro a few weeks ago.
I got 4 files named: Part00.raw, Part01.raw, Part02.raw and Part03.raw.

I can't do anything with those files. Winrar, WinISO, etc etc, doesn't recognize them. There is no way I can find to extrac those raw files.

Does somebody know what to do next with them?

Take a look here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=427507

Cheers

kanzen

Feb 13, 2005
"You need to put the NBH file from the step before in the BaseROM folder"

How do I get this NBH file? And if you mean it is inside the "Download the WWE BaseROM to use in the reconstruction process here" file, then how did the person uploading this file managed to get the WWE BaseROM extracted without this file?

Last edited:

kanzen

Feb 13, 2005
Maybe I didn't state my question right the first time.. Actually I wanted to know how I can extract the 4 ".raw" files. So that I get my own .nbh file etc... It seems I am now just opening the .nbh file I downloaded from your uploaded ROM. Right?

Wanting to make it flashable will come a few steps later... Because I would first like to "open" the .raw files, and change some programs, add some, etc (meaning "cook", right?) and then later, put it back on my device..

Last edited:

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Maybe I didn't state my question right the first time.. Actually I wanted to know how I can extract the 4 ".raw" files. So that I get my own .nbh file etc... It seems I am now just opening the .nbh file I downloaded from your uploaded ROM. Right?

Wanting to make it flashable will come a few steps later... Because I would first like to "open" the .raw files, and change some programs, add some, etc (meaning "cook", right?) and then later, put it back on my device..

You don't ;)

You download any posted official rom from the WIKi.

Then you rightclick the exe and also choose save as.

That wil get you the nbh file.

kanzen

Feb 13, 2005
I'm really sorry to keep asking... but you got me puzzled...
Maybe I have a wrong idea of what a NBH file is... What is an NBH file? Does it contain the ROM? Or is it just a file to be able to extract a ROM?

How can I obtain an NBH file from the 4 .raw files that I extracted from my device?

How did the first person manage to get an NBH file, and where from?

Last edited:

pfcsabre

Apr 4, 2008
The Hague
Maybe I have a wrong idea of what a NBH file is... What is an NBH file? Does it contain the ROM? Or is it just a file to be able to extract a ROM?

How can I obtain an NBH file from the 4 .raw files that I extracted from my device?

geez.. lucky you jcespi2005 and Noonski answered your initial posts-- but you really, REALLY need to use the SEARCH function!

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl

Some Wiki pages for other devices contain the info on which raw file to use to get the OS.nb (which can also go into the Kitchen) .

Also some kitchens already have the function to recognize the Raw files in it self.

kanzen

Feb 13, 2005
geez.. lucky you jcespi2005 and Noonski answered your initial posts-- but you really, REALLY need to use the SEARCH function!

The search function is nice... but when I type in "defenition NBH file" or something alike, I get more than 255 posts. So if there is an easy way to say it, I thought it to be better to ask.

Sometimes it's just a matter of being put on the right track from which I can continue searching my questions. So instead of being a smacktard asuming I haven't tried to search yet, a small answer or link would be appreciated. Unless of course, you also dont know the answer...

kanzen

Feb 13, 2005
Some Wiki pages for other devices contain the info on which raw file to use to get the OS.nb (which can also go into the Kitchen) .

Also some kitchens already have the function to recognize the Raw files in it self.

Thanks again for your time.. I will stray out some old kitchen wiki's...
Hope to pick up a lead there.

jcespi2005

Feb 15, 2006
Madrid
OnePlus 9 Pro
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Well, this is the way i use "search" function myself...

go www.google.com and try search for NBH file XDA the go first result link that take you to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=289830 and in the first post you have a link to the NBH definition in the Wiki ;)

There are some threads on how to use the search to get correct results... like this one http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=298893 ...

Hope this helps you a bit...

Cheers

kanzen

Feb 13, 2005
Thanks for your patience... it got late yesterday... but I got some answers.. :)

The only thing I can't find yet, is how to extract my own .nbh file from my device... I can find someone else's though, but want to be sure to leave my device as it was, except 2 or 3 programs that I add to the ROM...

Thanks again for the lead!

jcespi2005

Feb 15, 2006
Madrid
OnePlus 9 Pro
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Thanks for your patience... it got late yesterday... but I got some answers.. :)

The only thing I can't find yet, is how to extract my own .nbh file from my device... I can find someone else's though, but want to be sure to leave my device as it was, except 2 or 3 programs that I add to the ROM...

Thanks again for the lead!

You can extract the NBH file from your device, instead you can extract Part01.RAW and Part02.RAW necesary to reconstruct your device ROM into NBH file... The raw files you extract don't include any data or software you installed on your device, only the ROM.

Part01 is XIP (like Kernel in any OS) and part02 is OS files.

Cheers

kanzen

Feb 13, 2005
Thanks jcespi2005 for taking the time to help!!!

Everytime I think I understand it, it turns out I don't... :-s

I managed to dump Part00.raw, Part01.raw, Part02.raw and Part03.raw from my device.

Just to be sure, from what I understand, is that the ROM is inside the package called "RUU_Signed.nbh". But the ROM is also inside the .raw files.
And I need to extract the .raw files to get the .nbh file. Right?

So I am confused... because when I use the "Raphael_ROM_Kitchen_v0.62", I need sombody elses "RUU_Signed.nbh" file in order to extract the ROM from my own device.

jcespi2005

Feb 15, 2006
Madrid
OnePlus 9 Pro
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Thanks jcespi2005 for taking the time to help!!!

Everytime I think I understand it, it turns out I don't... :-s

I managed to dump Part00.raw, Part01.raw, Part02.raw and Part03.raw from my device.

Just to be sure, from what I understand, is that the ROM is inside the package called "RUU_Signed.nbh". But the ROM is also inside the .raw files.
And I need to extract the .raw files to get the .nbh file. Right?

So I am confused... because when I use the "Raphael_ROM_Kitchen_v0.62", I need sombody elses "RUU_Signed.nbh" file in order to extract the ROM from my own device.

you need three files to start, two from your dump (part01 and part02) and one from a shipped WWE ROM (RUU_Signed.nbh). The kitchen dump the content from part0X and then packages using the RUU_Signed.nbh (OS.NB file inside). This is why shipped ROM is needed. Two basic process to get it working, first extract with option E on main menu, and when finish cook it with option C. That's all ;)

Cheers

kanzen

Feb 13, 2005
I get it now... pfff... another day of straying the posts...

You're a patient man! Thanks for your help!

I (think I) finally understand...

- Extract the .raw files from my device.
- Use "Raphael_ROM_Kitchen_v0.62" to extract a shipped RUU_Signed.NBH.
- Mess with the OEM part of the shipped ROM to add or remove auto-installed programs etc.
- Use "Raphael_ROM_Kitchen_v0.62" to cook the adjusted extracted RUU_Signed.NBH OEM file AND my original Part01.raw and Part02.raw into a new .NBH file.
- Replace the original RUU_Signed.NBH from the shipped ROM with my new .NBH file.
- Flash my device.

Did I get this right?

AssassinsLament

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 8, 2007
Twin Cities
Ok, for some odd reason, I am now getting the 1/4th Screen Bug too. I had been fine the past few days using your 62 kitchen, but then tonight for some odd reason, I started getting the 1/4h screen bug. I was afraid it was my device but flashing a different custom rom was fine. Also seeing that someone else had already described the bug, eased my mind. Any ideas?

jcespi2005

Feb 15, 2006
Madrid
OnePlus 9 Pro
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Ok, for some odd reason, I am now getting the 1/4th Screen Bug too. I had been fine the past few days using your 62 kitchen, but then tonight for some odd reason, I started getting the 1/4h screen bug. I was afraid it was my device but flashing a different custom rom was fine. Also seeing that someone else had already described the bug, eased my mind. Any ideas?

What is the 1/4th screen bug?