need to send kindle fire hd 7 back

Search This thread

bro1

Nov 29, 2010
as the title says,need to send it back as it is having volume problems,it keeps turning itslef up.i have done a factory reset etc etc but its still the same,,,,whats the best tool now to return it completely to how it was when i got it with no trace of roms or twrp

thankyou

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
What I would do is use kindle fire first aid to restore it to stock, then manually unroot it by first deleting the superuser apk from the system partition, then deleting the su binary. Seem's like the updates from their site used to be flash able from twrp if you changed the extension, you could always let it ota or manually update it after using kffa to restore it, that would also take care of root.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

bro1

Nov 29, 2010
What I would do is use kindle fire first aid to restore it to stock, then manually unroot it by first deleting the superuser apk from the system partition, then deleting the su binary. Seem's like the updates from their site used to be flash able from twrp if you changed the extension, you could always let it ota or manually update it after using kffa to restore it, that would also take care of root.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

thnks for the info stunts :)

bro1

Nov 29, 2010
thnks for the info stunts :)

right i used kffa to restore then manually updated it with a higher version than it was,then i let it update over the air so now its on the latest amazon software,,,,,will i be good to send of to amazon now.just making sure

thankyou

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
It should be ready now, once a stock ota image updates the kindle it basically wipes all changes you made from the system partition.