[Q] Reset to stock 4.1.1... was this a mistake?

Search This thread

Moshpit37

Feb 3, 2013
Grand Forks
My Note 2 had been running CleanROM for over a year, and I hadn't updated or done anything to it in that time. I was having some issues with lag and such but the final straw was yesterday my GPS quit working completely. When I tried turning it on my phone would freeze and I'd get a "System UI has stopped working" notification. So today I decided I'd start fresh and go back to stock 4.1.1 (I'm 99% sure that's what was on my phone when I got it) and used ODIN to flash back to that.

My question is, where do I go from here? I want to use one of the new ROMs utilizing the 4.3 or 4.4.2 versions, but I'm afraid I'm missing something important. I know not to just take the OTA updates, and I already installed (I think) the 4.3 MJ9 firmware update, but I'm not sure because it still says --- Android version 4.1.1 ; Baseband version I605VRUEMJ9 ---- Is this correct? Am I safe to install a 4.3-based ROM or do I need to update something else?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
My Note 2 had been running CleanROM for over a year, and I hadn't updated or done anything to it in that time. I was having some issues with lag and such but the final straw was yesterday my GPS quit working completely. When I tried turning it on my phone would freeze and I'd get a "System UI has stopped working" notification. So today I decided I'd start fresh and go back to stock 4.1.1 (I'm 99% sure that's what was on my phone when I got it) and used ODIN to flash back to that.

My question is, where do I go from here? I want to use one of the new ROMs utilizing the 4.3 or 4.4.2 versions, but I'm afraid I'm missing something important. I know not to just take the OTA updates, and I already installed (I think) the 4.3 MJ9 firmware update, but I'm not sure because it still says --- Android version 4.1.1 ; Baseband version I605VRUEMJ9 ---- Is this correct? Am I safe to install a 4.3-based ROM or do I need to update something else?

Yes you are.. Go ahead and flash away..
If you have problems connecting to wifi, then just go ahead and flash the MJ9 firmware again. But other than that you should be fine:good:

Reactions: Moshpit37

denz2012

Dec 19, 2012
How's it going here is where I'm at right now but I don't really know much although I'm trying to learn my phone is rooted and carrier unlocked so I am on T-Mobile network I would like to update my phone to a newer/newest software thanks

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

I thought I uploaded a pic but I am 4.1.1 Verizon baseband i605vrall4 build number vraljb

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes you are.. Go ahead and flash away..
    If you have problems connecting to wifi, then just go ahead and flash the MJ9 firmware again. But other than that you should be fine:good: