UPDATED 5-12-14 T-Mobile native wifi hotspot hack

Search This thread

Angel31984

Jun 9, 2015
Its not working for me :crying: any any ideas i really need my unlimited teather back im on 4.4.2 trying to use the fabio app and the tether dun 0 method

maluminse

Mar 14, 2011
Chicago
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
idk

Ive been using this tether for since I made the post above. At lte speeds of 30mbps at times on Sprint.

Dont know what to tell you.

The configuration is very important and phone specific. Also you might try experimenting with the config.

Im still on 4.4.2 and Im still ignoring the system update notification.

I have some mic problems on my lg flex. The update might cure that but Ill skip that for fear of losing my tether. Good luck.

Angel31984

Jun 9, 2015
Ive been using this tether for since I made the post above. At lte speeds of 30mbps at times on Sprint.

Dont know what to tell you.

The configuration is very important and phone specific. Also you might try experimenting with the config.

Im still on 4.4.2 and Im still ignoring the system update notification.

I have some mic problems on my lg flex. The update might cure that but Ill skip that for fear of losing my tether. Good luck.

What settings are you using?

maluminse

Mar 14, 2011
Chicago
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Ok its not working on replacement phone. Its the evil z65 build that's doing it. Still trying.

Edit:

Success!! I think that problem was my root was funky. Or clicking use native tether option UNROOTED my phone. Not kidding. Some weird 'repair phone' program ran. So don't choose use native as an option.

Make sure you're rooted. Use root check.

Wifi tether app in market by Fabio worked fine.

I used the suggested settings for ls995.

Wlan0

Method2

Wpka2

If you have ls995 and youre rooted let me know if it doesn't work dm.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

aasik0301

Jan 15, 2017
Ok its not working on replacement phone. Its the evil z65 build that's doing it. Still trying.

Edit:

Success!! I think that problem was my root was funky. Or clicking use native tether option UNROOTED my phone. Not kidding. Some weird 'repair phone' program ran. So don't choose use native as an option.

Make sure you're rooted. Use root check.

Wifi tether app in market by Fabio worked fine.

I used the suggested settings for ls995.

Wlan0

Method2

Wpka2

If you have ls995 and youre rooted let me know if it doesn't work dm.
How to hack password, please tell me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After reading through the G2 forums I found this and it also worked for the T-mobile G Flex.http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51213845&postcount=43 I couldn't get the other method posted here to work at all. All credit goes to xda member mrgodai. Follow the instructions in the link provided and a script will automatically change the value to 0 on boot. You will still need to change the user agent to something mobile or in my case Safari browser. This only allows you to go over your tethering limit. If you don't have unlimted data then this will only work until you reach your data cap.https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-agent-switcher-for-c/djflhoibgkdhkhhcedjiklpkjnoahfmg?hl=en-USAlso make sure to edit your APN scroll down to the bottom where it says APN protocol: and make sure it is IPv4 not IPv6 and add "dun" to the line for APN type: default,supl,mms,dun
    Outdated method below
    Prerequisites
    1. Rooted T-mobile G Flex
    2. SQlite Editor app($2.99) probably a free alternative out there
    3. Hotspot Widget from Google Play
    Instructions
    1. Open SQlite Editor look in - /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db then click global scroll down to field "tether_dun_required" edit the original value set 1 and change it to 0.
    Note: Every time the phone reboots the original value defaults back to 1 so you will need to change the value back to 0 every time the phone reboots.
    2. Only enable tether through the widget that you downloaded earlier. For some reason if you use the official t-mobile widget it won't work.
    3. I don't have a working G Flex to test but you may have to use UA spoofer for chrome and set the browser to safari or something mobile.
    There is a very simple program that does it for you and won't screw anything up let me find it

Sent from my LG-LS995 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

Sorry Justin. Just looked into re-odexing and i'm a litle too nervous to do it without a custom recovery available for a backup. I have no experience in re-odexing. I already screwed up and my G Flex once and it was a real pain to re-flash the stock kdz. I can test I just can't re-odex sorry

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2345767

If you want, you can even practice. I should have the test deodexed services done in about 10 min

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

Here you go. It's already renamed for that odexer tool so just put it in the the finish folder

https://www.dropbox.com/s/opnvzivmhiic1am/Deodexed_services.jar

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

Yeah i think i can manage it. thanks

Were you able to odex it back?

here you go. these are it

Thank you. Do you know how to deodex and odex? If so I will make this for you tonight to test if you want. I won't be able to odex back because it has to use your phone to do this. I don't have a T-Mobile flex so it will cause boot loop

here you go. these are it
    do you know if this method works for sprint variant LS995

Try this one http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2647656

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk