Windows Mobile Unlock Screen

Search This thread

sklinger

Aug 19, 2009
Do any of you who are more smart than me (all of you,) know of a .cab with the standard winmo 6.5 lock screen? The ROM I am running overwrites it with a more bland looking screen. Thanks for any and all help.

dwizzy130

Nov 14, 2007
Do any of you who are more smart than me (all of you,) know of a .cab with the standard winmo 6.5 lock screen? The ROM I am running overwrites it with a more bland looking screen. Thanks for any and all help.

Do you have the htc version of the lockscreen? Or is it the old style ulock softkey and then ugly old style unlock button..?

dwizzy130

sklinger

Aug 19, 2009
The HTC, I believe. It has a white and black color scheme with rows of square number and a large rectangular unlock button. It's not the classic style with the rounded buttons, owner info, and softkey unlock.

I would like the rounded buttons with the contacts and mail shortcuts in the row of the unlock button.

dwizzy130

Nov 14, 2007
The HTC, I believe. It has a white and black color scheme with rows of square number and a large rectangular unlock button. It's not the classic style with the rounded buttons, owner info, and softkey unlock.

I would like the rounded buttons with the contacts and mail shortcuts in the row of the unlock button.

Ok sweet. I have a fix for that. Install and soft reset.

dwizzy130

sklinger

Aug 19, 2009
Fix!

It appears that NRG uses a registry key to redirect the lockscreen to C:\Windows\Lockscreen as opposed to the default (or I think default) C:\Windows

Restore Lock Screen - HKLM\Security\Shell\Lock\CustomLockScreensPath set to \Windows

Restarted my device and I had the old lockscreen keypad back as opposed to the HTC Leo keypad.

bnakid

Jun 4, 2010
Minneapolis
OMG! Spent hours trying to get my lock screen back to normal and I was ready to do a hard reset. Followed all the above worked and love having the slider lock back.
I too tried using one of the Dusk themes and it messed up some of my settings (and never worked for me). Cannot get it all uninstalled either - irritating!
Many thanks!

snig72

Feb 28, 2010
topeka
It appears that NRG uses a registry key to redirect the lockscreen to C:\Windows\Lockscreen as opposed to the default (or I think default) C:\Windows

Restore Lock Screen - HKLM\Security\Shell\Lock\CustomLockScreensPath set to \Windows

Restarted my device and I had the old lockscreen keypad back as opposed to the HTC Leo keypad.

can i use that path to change my lockscreen background? i'm using the dusk 6.5 lockscreen 3.0 too but want it over a different background than my dusk ga wallpaper. have tried changing the stwater cpr. but that changes the wallpaper too.

stevedebi

Sep 7, 2005
Los Angeles
Do you have the htc version of the lockscreen? Or is it the old style ulock softkey and then ugly old style unlock button..?

dwizzy130

For those of us NOT using Sense 2.x, the old style screen makes some sense, because it shows the home screen - which has plugins showing information even while locked.

Having said that, I am still using the newer "slider" unlock with my SPB Pocket Plus.