HTC Sync Update for HTC Aria 07.09.2010

Search This thread

_Opiate_

Jun 1, 2010
I like the 3rd party app addition. Now let's see if it actually works.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using XDA App

gtg465x

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2008
HTC Sync Update for HTC Aria™ (AT&T) (3.0.5372) | 07.09.2010

HTC Sync™ lets you synchronize Outlook and Windows Address Book (Outlook Express), contacts and calendar events on your PC with your phone. It also lets you install third-party Android applications on the phone, and the Mobile Network sharing function as well.

Hmm... Mobile Network sharing function...

Frrrrrrunkis

Aug 2, 2008
I wonder if maybe this will allow me to root my ARIA? the 2.0.38 or however they show the version numbers had not been seeing my phone no matter what I tried.

FFXTDS

Jul 10, 2010
Burlington
psx-scene.com
they change the info on it. has anyone download it sense they change the info to see if they took out this stuff. " It also lets you install third-party Android applications on the phone, and the Mobile Network sharing function as well."

Thundervore

Jul 4, 2010
Anyone want to download this and reupp it somewhere where we dont need an aria serial? Thanks

I was thinking the same thing as i refuse to register my device just to download sync software, it was not like this when i downloaded HTC_Sync_2.0.38 a few weeks ago, and i can download HTC_Sync_2.0.40 without registering a serial easily and use it with no issues, matter a fact i was using HTC_Sync_2.0.40 to sync my outlook and calender even before HTC_Sync_2.0.38 was released so why make us register the device?

Thundervore

Jul 4, 2010
Ok, after using this new version i must say that its a step backwards. I like the new GUI and all the eye candy and the ability to install .APK files but it lacks the basic functionality that the HTC_Sync_2.0.38 had.

For instance the old version told you at a glance the number of contacts in outlook and events on the outlook calender, where it is at during the contact syncing and calender syncing. It also gave you more advanced options on syncing.

On this new version Outlook must be set as you default mail client for it to connect with it which is completely bogus. On first connect the device synced on it own using the latest modified data which created duplicated in outlook and my phone, deleted the duplicates from my phone and tried to sync again and it completely wiped the data from outlook, i used the nandroid to restore the contacts to the phone and tried to sync again to get everything back where it was.

A bit angry with the music syncing. The files sync to /Music/ then the full file directory. so if you music is stored in c/:users/username/my documents/music you media wll be synced in the same structure /Music/c/users/username/my documents/music which is more complex than it needs to be. A simple music folder with music/Artist/album is sufficient. Then it took 1 hour to sync 3.8GB of music, that same 3.8 GB takes less than 15 if i remove the card from the device and put in in the card reader.

Long story shorty, im reverting back to HTC_Sync_2.0.40. Sometimes less is more.

Funny that now the new sync is no longer availble on HTC site and the link was changed back to HTC_Sync_2.0.38
http://www.htc.com/us/support/aria-att/downloads/

Last edited:

Mhyst

Aug 14, 2006
Berkeley, Ca
Hmmm...

You probably want to get on the ball with finding this software as it really has been pulled from the site. Some people have upped the new version for download, so do a search, grab it while its hot and sit on it if you want to sideload with the software (without rooting).

Edit: You can grab it from this thread if you don't have it already

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=722432&page=2

Last edited:

tshooter91

Aug 4, 2008
You can grab it from this thread if you don't have it already

I downloaded this one, the one from HTC's site (before it was removed) and even tried the old version (.38) and NONE of them recognize my phone when I plug it in and tell the phone to use HTC Sync. The phone tries to find it running on my PC but can't. Any ideas? I'm running Win7 64.