[UPDATE 2011-01-20] Yet another TCPMP build [SKINNED+AVRCP]

Search This thread

dajbyco

May 12, 2009
Prague
RC1? My understanding is that this very long thread is in regards to RC2, skinnable version. Do you suffer tear on RC2 as well? I don't.

Unfortunately RC2 - the same results. For divx avi - works for me perfectly CorePlayer 1.2.5 , for mp4 default wmp ... I've tried TCPMP many times in past few years on several devices and roms. Never sutisfied. I'm sorry but I didn't find any version that could be called 'best player'

frmariam

Oct 21, 2008
Either you are trying to play a file with an excessively high resolution, unsupported codecs (the ones you mention should work perfectly) or with some encoding errors.

Most likely you didn't notice the many posts in this thread that recommend to delete the TCPMP registry key before using any new version (in fact you'll notice most WinMo apps leave a lot of stuf in the registry even after you uninstall them)...

Try running this (it requires MortScript to be installed in the device) and try TCPMP again (be sure to use the version in the first post).

Last edited:

danih

Mar 28, 2010
Great program, however I have a problem with it.
I am using my ppc in landscape mode. When I start this TCPMP build, it rotates my screen to portrait automatically. Other versions do not do this.
I can't seem to find the solution, pls help.

SvB4EvA

Feb 28, 2009
PA
Quick skinning question...

Is it possible to make this line:
Code:
<prev left=0 top=582 width=102 height=78 pushedleft=0 pushedtop=79/>
do the "Beginning/Previous" command instead of just the "Previous" command?

Its super annoying when I am going through songs and accidentally skip a song I want to hear and not be able to go back to it.

MrGoodtunes

Nov 8, 2007
South Florida
..."Beginning/Previous" command...

Looking at bimbam69's coding info TXT file, there is no such keyword for any skin button. However, one thing you can do is assign that function to a hardware button:

Options > Settings > Select Page > Hot Keys

If your device has available hardware buttons, assigning hot keys for all functions that are important to you is good for using device as player while driving, because (1) you can save battery by turning screen off & use hardware keys, and (2) you can feel and operate hardware buttons without taking eyes off road.

Last edited:

SvB4EvA

Feb 28, 2009
PA
Looking at bimbam69's coding info TXT file, there is no such keyword for any skin button. However, one thing you can do is assign that function to a hardware button:

Options > Settings > Select Page > Hot Keys

If your device has available hardware buttons, assigning hot keys for all functions that are important to you is good for using device as player while driving, because (1) you can save battery by turning screen off & use hardware keys, and (2) you can feel and operate hardware buttons without taking eyes off road.

Thanks for the reply, I have already assigned a hardware key to the function. It is just inconvenient...

ZeraX7

Jul 15, 2010
should i uninstalled CorePlayer, before installing this ? because i think CorePlayer is a TCPMP Product too ? although iam not very sure, just because i was install TCPMP (Forgot what release) with CP installed, that made problem in my Touch P3450..
until i format the phone.
thank you anyway :D :)

ZeraX7

Jul 15, 2010
should i uninstall CorePlayer, before installing this ? because i think CorePlayer is a TCPMP Product too ? although iam not very sure, just because i was install TCPMP (Forgot what release) with CP installed, that made problem in my Touch P3450..
until i format the phone.
thank you anyway :D :)

bimbam69

Apr 16, 2008
Kaunas
ZeraX7,
Although CorePlayer is successor of TCPMP, but it is made to be different than TCPMP and both players can coexist together. You more likely have installed TCPMP on top of some other version and settings or leftovers of it caused unexpected behaviour.

Last edited:

ZeraX7

Jul 15, 2010
ZeraX7,
Although CorePlayer is successor of TCPMP, but it is made to be different than TCPMP and both players can coexist together. You more likely have installed TCPMP on top of some other version and settings or leftovers of it caused unexpected behaviour.

actually, i was about to install it :D, but thank you for that info..
i got used to put myself to risks :p:p
thanks again

ilordvader

Oct 27, 2007
Mumbai
All .plg plugins should work with this version, those addons wich consists of midified common.dll interface.plg player.exe etc. might work but will result in missing features of this build such as working equalizer, subtitles and skin support and this is the case for avrcp addon. In order to make it work in this build the sourcecode is needed.

Hello

I would be glad to DONATE for your time :)

I want Skins for Tcpmp & also for CorePlayer if possible

I want to be able to Que Forward & Que Rewind while watching Videos

The Tcpmp player is built in to Energy Rom
& i got the CorePlayer v1.3.6 Build.7427

As you can see in the Image Below I cant Que rewind in both :(

Please Help

MY Phone Info -
in my sign

Attachments

• CorePlayer.jpg
    CorePlayer.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 76
  • Tcpmp.jpg
    Tcpmp.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 77

frmariam

Oct 21, 2008
@ilordvader

TCPMP and CorePlayer aren't the same thing (TCPMP is open source project that Core dumped when they decided to close the source and make money) so no skins for CorePlayer here. Also the skins are fairly easy to do (there's info on how-to in the first post).

What do you mean by que-forward/backward? Do you mean fast-forward and rewind? For fast forward increase "Speed" and if you just want to jump back/forth use the slider bar.

I don't know if your rom has the latest version of TCPMP (that's why packed roms fail... easier but slower and more limited... requires a reflash just to properly update an app).

@dfdf

Use a SVN client to download (like TortoiseSVN or QSVN).

# Non-members may check out a read-only working copy anonymously over HTTP.
svn checkout http://tcpmp-revive.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ tcpmp-revive-read-only[\QUOTE]

Last edited:

dfdf

Dec 24, 2007
Here comes an new release, nothing impressive just few fixes, but here it is (see first post for download link):
... ...

My device is a landscape QVGA 240x320 WM 6.5.3.x Pro system,this release of TCPMP always rotates the screen when it starts up,this does not meet what I need.The previous release works fine.

The attaching picture shows even rotate back,the bottom of the video picture is cutt off.

Attachments

• wm6.5.3.gif
    wm6.5.3.gif
    9.1 KB · Views: 51
  • tcpmp.gif
    tcpmp.gif
    12.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

dfdf

Dec 24, 2007
How soon until the subtitle-free version is released? I am looking forward to releasing the first major advance in the Master Codec Pack series in a while. The skinnable TCPMP executable will be the highlight of the 6.0 version.

I occasionally found there have been a new update may meet your need at the following official site:

http://code.google.com/p/tcpmp-revive

But I have not tried it,you could try by yourself.

Last edited:

bimbam69

Apr 16, 2008
Kaunas
My device is a landscape QVGA 240x320 WM 6.5.3.x Pro system,this release of TCPMP always rotates the screen when it runs,this does not meet what I need.The previous release works fine.

The attaching picture shows even rotate back,the bottom of the video picture is cutt off.

If i got it right tcpmp rotates whole interface during startup right?? I had experienced such behaviour on my old device, it was due to player.exe version(it was set to windows ce 4.20 by default) the solution I came across was to raise the version to windows ce 5.0, but it prevented to run tcpmp on older devices and version was downgraded again. So you could try player.exe from previous releases and see if it fixes your problem.

Last edited:

dfdf

Dec 24, 2007
If i got it right tcpmp rotates whole interface during startup right?? I had experienced such behaviour on my old device, it was due to player.exe version(it was set to windows ce 4.20 by default) the solution I came across was to raise the version to windows ce 5.0, but it prevented to run tcpmp on older devices and version was downgraded again. So you could try player.exe from previous releases and see if it fixes your problem.

Great! eld released Player.exe is kind of fine,except one thing:bottom-edge-cutting issue is still exist.Otherwise,I don't know if there is any important features I have to give up.

Attachments

• tc.gif
    tc.gif
    13 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

ilordvader

Oct 27, 2007
Mumbai
@ilordvader

TCPMP and CorePlayer aren't the same thing (TCPMP is open source project that Core dumped when they decided to close the source and make money) so no skins for CorePlayer here. Also the skins are fairly easy to do (there's info on how-to in the first post).

What do you mean by que-forward/backward? Do you mean fast-forward and rewind? For fast forward increase "Speed" and if you just want to jump back/forth use the slider bar.

I don't know if your rom has the latest version of TCPMP (that's why packed roms fail... easier but slower and more limited... requires a reflash just to properly update an app).

Yes I need a Skin which can fast-forward and rewind
It does have fast-forward, just need a skin which will do Rewind

Can you guide to which one I should get ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the latest TCPMP build based on milesmowbray's sources, original thread

First of all the credits corner:

This build contains work of the following people:
    fmarozz: flv1 plugin, at http://sourceforge.net/projects/progrdowntcpmp/
    nv: flv4 plugin, at http://d.hatena.ne.jp/nvsofts/20090705
    nikoro: subtitle plugin, at http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcpmpsubssubtit/
    eoc: modified language.tgz file, at http://www.portegeclub.com/forum/vi...&start=0&sid=d913ce354e011e123c302b9ea4995bc1
    mylostblog: skin images, at http://mylostblog.altervista.org/skins/media-player-skins/original-skins/wmp-skin-006-iphone-20
    Listopad: new skin, at http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=74&view=findpost&p=4158144
    templay.de: FileOpen dialog icons, at http://templay.de/Neu/52/Free-Mobile-Berries.html
    xiaojin1985: bluetooth AVRCP support, at http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=1640628

Special thanks to original creators of this beast, at http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/test/
    or
    http://corecodec.com/

Features of this build:
    Support of FLV1 FLV4 videos and subtitles straight of the box.
    matroska.plg is mkv version 2.0 compliant.
    flac.plg has the latest 1.2.1 library
    working equalizer
    asap.plg has the latest library (still some problems exists)
    skinnable interface
    Supports BT AVRCP
    includes mpc.plg and tta.plg plugins
    player will keep playing when device is put to suspend mode
    softkey based menu across all screens
    refer to goolge code for more recent update messages

Installation instructions:
    Be sure to uninstall old tcpmp before installing;
    Download cab installer (recommended for Windows mobile 6 and above);
    Install;
    Pick suitable skin pack, for further info read readme.txt in corresponding pack. Or you can try skins created by other users (links are provided below);
    That's it.

TCPMP skins by other users:
    WMP12-like skin from Osprey00: link
    GTX skin by nick13c: link
    QVGA only skin by MrGoodtunes: link
    Vista Dream (QVGA only) skin by charly_: link
    Skin for WQVGA screens by Corwin9S: link
    WP7 style skin by chriscsh: link
    QVGA only skin by millo1978: link
    skins for WWGA by relaxe: link
    Various skins: link

Other resources regarding TCPMP
    Info about skinning: link
    If you want a clean TCPMP version without skin support visit Unit ZER0's thread
    Huge collection of TCPMP resources by frmariam: link
    Another TCPMP based player that has pretty nice Real Video playback: Wepop

I hope you'll enjoy this build, Cheers :cool:

If you'll gona post this build somewhere else please link back to this thread. Let's play fair :)

Sourcecode and previous release can be downloaded here

Sreenshots:

Hello everyone I've compiled a new release with the following features:
    *Added ability to decode FLV1 videos using mpeg4.plg from sources found at pudn.com (i'm surprised that this mod wasn't released before)
    *Added Monkey's audio decoder (ape.plg), not the most useful plugin :D, but coding it helped to investigate certain parts of code.
    *Added ability to load cover art (folder.jpg, cover.jpg, front.jpg) for FLAC audio files
    *Increased max URL length to 512 chars
    *Turned on some compiler optimisations which may improve speed
    *Also reverted ati3200.plg and intel2700.plg to original state (since I have complaint regarding speed and other behaviour)

Donwload it from first post and enjoy :)

Also below is subtitle-free build.
    Everyone,
    I've created a skin based on Windows Media Player 12 (the latest version, included in Windows 7). It's good for those who want a simple, clean skin with minimal interface (i.e. not taking up half of the screen) and, especially, those who are very comfortable with WMP's controls. I also felt it important to include as many of the skinnable controls as possible (moreso than existing skins), so all sizes have "Open", "Playlist", "Mute", "Previous" and "Next buttons and most have "Shuffle", "Repeat" and "FastFwd" buttons. I also added text labels to the buttons because it takes the guesswork out and makes the skin more comfortable to use, IMO. If you'd prefer no text labels, open the Background.bmp in a paint program and paint over the labels with black.

backgroundwo.png
    wmp12skinl.jpg

wmp12skin480l.jpg

buttonspressed480.jpg

The following sizes are included:

For Windows Mobile phones...
    HVGA (320x480)
    QVGA (240x320)
    VGA (480x640)
    WQVGA (240x400)
    WVGA (480x800)

For CE Core (PND/GPS) devices...
    320x240
    240x320
    480x234
    480x272
    272x480
    640x480
    800x480

If you need a different size, see the included Readme for some simple instructions on how you can modify one of the existing sizes to whatever size that you need.

Note: I didn't test every single size, so there may be bugs. Feel free to point them out to me (or, even better, correct them in skin.xml, yourself, and tell me what the corrections were).

EDIT: Replaced all tabs in the XML files with spaces to satisfy a bug in later builds of interface.plg.

EDIT #2: Added HVGA (320x480) version (for the HTC HD Mini, for example).

EDIT #3: Added the same grey background to the 240x320, 240x400 and 272x480 versions that the larger sizes have.

EDIT #4: Magnified the size of the controls for the 480x800, 800x480, 480x640 and 640x480 skins. (Note: all releases until this point have been downloaded a total of ~1400 times)

Download from MediaFire: TCPMP WMP12 Skin.zip
    Download from xda-developers: (see attachment)
    Still having that playlist issue I mentioned in an earlier post. And I did compare some earlier builds of TCPMP, the "Use Blitting" option was present then, but not in the current release. Is this option no longer necessary? Will re-implementing it improve performance? And is there any other solution to that playlist issue?
    You mentioned that you are using intel2007g decoder, try to replace current intel2007g.plg with official one (from http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/test/) if it fixes the problem i will recompile that plugin using original sources.
    SOLVED!

You mentioned that you are using intel2007g decoder, try to replace current intel2007g.plg with official one (from http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/test/) if it fixes the problem i will recompile that plugin using original sources.

You were right... The original "Intel2700G.plg" file solved my problem. Now, when I move to other items in my playlist by skipping forward or backward to the next file while in fullscreen, the screen doesn't go black. There is still no "Use Blitting" option available anywhere, but, Interestingly, the "Dither" option, under "Options -> Video" is no longer grayed out when a video file is loaded. Before, when no video file was loaded, this option could be checked or unchecked, and whenever a file was loaded, the option grayed out, and was locked to whatever it had been set to before loading, either checked or unchecked. Now, "Dither" can be checked or unchecked mid-playback. Also, subtitles are displayed at the absolute bottom of the visual field in portrait, and the bottom of the screen in fullscreen mode, rendering "widescreen" video files completely unobstructed.