Jul 3, 2010
Tacoma
[ROM] echoHD 1.3.9 "and or Ka-kow" 12/12 DesireHD|New Market|400+ mb storage

ROM IS NOW BEING WORKED ON HERE:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=859445

echo
HD 1.3.9
banner139.png

echoHD is Evo 4g rom based off of incredibledoes Desire HD port. My main goal for this rom is to have a quick and stable Sense HD rom. So far I have the quick down. Stability wise it can be used as a daily rom but a couple features don't work at moment. If you want a Sense HD rom they all (at the moment) have stuff not working. If you can deal with a couple things not working I think you will be very pleased with this rom. Feel free to leave feedback of any sort. If your having issues in the rom please post in detail what is going on. If possible also post a logcat or PM me a logcat. That way I can get the issue fixed ASAP.​

Screenshots on post #2

Not Working (if not in this list it works):
4G
HDMI

To Do List

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK OR CAUSE ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PHONE!!! IF YOU ENJOY THIS ROM FOR LONGER THEN 4 HOURS PLEASE SEEK IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION!!!

BIG thanks to incredibledoes for the port of Desire HD rom.
Another BIG thanks to snq for getting the Desire HD camera working!!!

Would also like to thank:
barnacles10
jobryan26

****GIVE THE FLASH SOME TIME. I MADE THE NAME OF THE ROM LOAD ALONG WITH THE FLASH AS A STATUS BAR ALMOST. DIDN'T THINK ABOUT PEOPLE THINKING IT FROZE ON THEM. WILL REMOVE ON NEXT BUILD******

Download echoHD 1.3.9

New Market
Fixed Dalvik to cache
fixed undervolt
no longer need to flash camcorder patch to record video
After a fresh install you will have 400-410 MB free internal storage
I think im missing a few things as well =/

If you want to use AOSP email app instead of Sense flash this:
http://www.multiupload.com/I4S1NEJDN2

Download echoHD 1.3.7

switched to undervolted htc #17 kernel may cause issues with some phones uploading a regular htc 17 at the moment. If your phone likes undervolting it should help on battery life
Added Sprint VVM and Qik (for front cam)
Removed a lot of unneeded system files leftover from porting
Replaced some system files with files from stock sense.
No changes to camera sorry wasn't stable enough

Camcorder Patch
fixes camcorder (sound quality might be crappy) no 720p
might fix some audio issues

If having issues dialing number while in a call:
Menu-Settings-Sound-Audible Touchtones. Fixed this issue for me.

Some phones do not liking undervolting. If having stability problems flash this patch.

Last edited:
Reactions: ywjkid and Juan685

echoside

Jul 3, 2010
Tacoma
boosh and or Kakkow

Want more skins? READ WARNING Head on over to sopL87's thread. He has a ton. *****WARNING**** ONLY INSTALL THE THEMES ENDING IN APK NEVER FLASH A THEME IN RECOVERY FOR THIS ROM!!!!******

***NOTE Tweetdeck, XDA, and WordPress do NOT come installed on the rom****

snap20101019_191930.png
snap20101019_192011.png

snap20101025_222505.png

Last edited:

Allmightywillard

Sep 18, 2010
new compton
support ur coke cola habbit????? dont tell me ur the crazy ***** i saw on some addicition show that was addicted to coke and drank 56 cans a day had coke stashed under her bed and stacked everywhere in her house it was rediculous they tried to wein her off by giving her a 100 cans for a week n they were gone in 3 days lmao

echoside

Jul 3, 2010
Tacoma
support ur coke cola habbit????? dont tell me ur the crazy ***** i saw on some addicition show that was addicted to coke and drank 56 cans a day had coke stashed under her bed and stacked everywhere in her house it was rediculous they tried to wein her off by giving her a 100 cans for a week n they were gone in 3 days lmao

:eek::eek::eek: Ive been identified :eek::eek: :cool:

any pictures of this rom???

Taking right now, will post in a couple mins

echoside

Jul 3, 2010
Tacoma
Dude, I thought my three can a day was bad. They should remove all the coke from her house and fill up her toilet with it. bet shes on toilet like a hobo on a ham sandwich!

That is pretty extreme. I do drink alot of coke but I would be puking and acting like a tweaker if I drank that much.

I will always be your friend because of this quote.

I knew someone would get that....or at least I hoped haha thanks :p

v_lestat

Jul 11, 2010
in your modifications is there any way to get rid of those gawd aweful green picks/arrows on the recent apps in the notification drop down.

this was a huge issue for me on the other HD ports because you cant read the name of the app with those in the way.. and it just looks completely retarded.

if they cant be removed so be it, but i cant figure out why anyone would ever code those into the GUI

echoside

Jul 3, 2010
Tacoma
You guys know anything about this? Something to stay away from?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=785136

Its pretty safe. It ends up leaving blank space around the outside of apps and some graphics look goofy though.

in your modifications is there any way to get rid of those gawd aweful green picks/arrows on the recent apps in the notification drop down.

this was a huge issue for me on the other HD ports because you cant read the name of the app with those in the way.. and it just looks completely retarded.

if they cant be removed so be it, but i cant figure out why anyone would ever code those into the GUI

I cant think of what your talking about and I just flashed my phone another rom I am working on (for the evo too =)) Ill flash back and take a look and let you know. sorry.

Having problems getting it to connect up with my wifi.

My luck really I put its more stable then I run into an issue and wifi is giving me issues haha... Anyways are you having issues just in the first setup wizard? or after that as well? I had that problem only in setup wizard but once I was out of that I could connect no problem.

echoside

Jul 3, 2010
Tacoma
Just wiped and reflash still no wifi. anyone? Still wont connect after setup. Not sure whats up...

aarrrrgggg...Well...Im stumped on why its not working now....you must be holding it wrong, that's the only possibility :p not working on my side either I swear it was...typical of me to rush a release ha ha Ill get that fixed tonight. sorryyyyyy :cool:

echoside

Jul 3, 2010
Tacoma
Well if it helps in the mean time, if you give your phone a static IP it will connect to your WIFI. It just doesn't like DHCP at the moment.

sm_x

Nov 8, 2009
great rom, noticed speed improvement over the others. However I can't get wifi to work, even after setting static ip. Care to tell me how you got it to work with the static ip.

Thanx

echoside

Jul 3, 2010
Tacoma
great rom, noticed speed improvement over the others. However I can't get wifi to work, even after setting static ip. Care to tell me how you got it to work with the static ip.

Thanx

Sorry about late response. I fell asleep at my computer last night :rolleyes: haha anyways I'm not sure how your network is setup when it comes to your default gateways and all but make sure you have a good DNS address. I put 8.8.8.8 which is Google's (fitting I know).

I think I found where its giving me issues. I will keep an eye on the thread and hopefully have it uploaded by today.

echoside

Jul 3, 2010
Tacoma
Quick update I have the wireless fixed. It was an easy rookie mistake. I want to fix the MMS issue before I upload the update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] echoHD 1.3.9 "and or Ka-kow" 12/12 DesireHD|New Market|400+ mb storage

ROM IS NOW BEING WORKED ON HERE:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=859445

echo
    HD 1.3.9
    banner139.png

echoHD is Evo 4g rom based off of incredibledoes Desire HD port. My main goal for this rom is to have a quick and stable Sense HD rom. So far I have the quick down. Stability wise it can be used as a daily rom but a couple features don't work at moment. If you want a Sense HD rom they all (at the moment) have stuff not working. If you can deal with a couple things not working I think you will be very pleased with this rom. Feel free to leave feedback of any sort. If your having issues in the rom please post in detail what is going on. If possible also post a logcat or PM me a logcat. That way I can get the issue fixed ASAP.​

Screenshots on post #2

Not Working (if not in this list it works):
    4G
    HDMI

To Do List

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK OR CAUSE ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PHONE!!! IF YOU ENJOY THIS ROM FOR LONGER THEN 4 HOURS PLEASE SEEK IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION!!!

BIG thanks to incredibledoes for the port of Desire HD rom.
    Another BIG thanks to snq for getting the Desire HD camera working!!!

Would also like to thank:
    barnacles10
    jobryan26

****GIVE THE FLASH SOME TIME. I MADE THE NAME OF THE ROM LOAD ALONG WITH THE FLASH AS A STATUS BAR ALMOST. DIDN'T THINK ABOUT PEOPLE THINKING IT FROZE ON THEM. WILL REMOVE ON NEXT BUILD******

Download echoHD 1.3.9

New Market
    Fixed Dalvik to cache
    fixed undervolt
    no longer need to flash camcorder patch to record video
    After a fresh install you will have 400-410 MB free internal storage
    I think im missing a few things as well =/

If you want to use AOSP email app instead of Sense flash this:
    http://www.multiupload.com/I4S1NEJDN2

Download echoHD 1.3.7

switched to undervolted htc #17 kernel may cause issues with some phones uploading a regular htc 17 at the moment. If your phone likes undervolting it should help on battery life
    Added Sprint VVM and Qik (for front cam)
    Removed a lot of unneeded system files leftover from porting
    Replaced some system files with files from stock sense.
    No changes to camera sorry wasn't stable enough

Camcorder Patch
    fixes camcorder (sound quality might be crappy) no 720p
    might fix some audio issues

If having issues dialing number while in a call:
    Menu-Settings-Sound-Audible Touchtones. Fixed this issue for me.

Some phones do not liking undervolting. If having stability problems flash this patch.

updated and was updated 7 days ago :rolleyes::rolleyes::cool:
    Im sorry to say I cant work on this anymore and going to have to either pass it on to someone or just let the thread die. I kept thinking I would get a chance to work on it but I'm to busy with Salvage and a few other projects I have going on that it always gets pushed to the side. So I wanted to be fair and let you know nothing for echoHD (from me) will be coming out anymore.

If someone wants to take over where I left off PM me Ill get you everything I have.

Again sorry, thank you for the love and support (and please be gentle now :() while I was working on this rom. Maybe another talented dev will pick up where I left off :)
    Now on Rom Manager!! :)

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
    I want to start using this ROM, but the email settings is a must for me. Is anyone doing any type of work around?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

I was going to post a patch you can flash over the rom that will replace it with the AOSP email app. It works 100% but its the same email app thats been used for awhile. Ill get it posted within the next hour.