[ROM] [UCLB3] REVOLUTION V4 5/31/2012 Best Sounding Rom Since Zeus

What do you want in this ROM

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

slammed2000

Apr 24, 2006
First you need 10 posts to post in this thread!

And second I don't have enough time to put the mod in just yet :cool:
well here is my 10th post! this is the reason people dont like to post!

swype beta 3.26 causes major issues. lots of force close of different programs and for some reason causes task manager to trigger reboot. so went back to stock and reinstalled. since i installed 1.2 and 1.3 on both of my infuse's i have had a lot of lock up's and network issues. hope this helps.

thomas101

Nov 21, 2007
Does anybody having problem with Google play? I keep on getting force close when trying to open. I tried to uninstall the market and downloaded the update version still have the same problem.

xolanir

Jul 19, 2011
Springville
Hey guys. Loving this ROM and how light it is. Just have a question and wondering if it's common or just isolated. Each time I reboot the phone, I get a message: see screenie below. It happened while I was on Aeon too, but not on any other ROM that I've flash previous. If anyone could help in figuring this out, I'd be a happy camper. Thx.

sent from my CommandCenter

Attachments

• screen_20120409_1030.jpg
    screen_20120409_1030.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 218
  • screen_20120409_1031.jpg
    screen_20120409_1031.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:

bigfau

Inactive Recognized Developer
Hey guys. Loving this ROM and how light it is. Just have a question and wondering if it's common or just isolated. Each time I reboot the phone, I get a message: see screenie below. It happened while I was on Aeon too, but not on any other ROM that I've flash previous. If anyone could help in figuring this out, I'd be a happy camper. Thx.

If you got it on AEON you did something wrong.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

qkster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2011
USA

big is right, xloanir. I think it may be a wipe issue.
wipe everything (or use my wipe script) and flash again.

xolanir

Jul 19, 2011
Springville
big is right, xloanir. I think it may be a wipe issue.
wipe everything (or use my wipe script) and flash again.

K cool thx. Will try that and report back. The question though is why it only happened with Revolution and Aeon. I'm not trying to blame anyone, I just wanna figure out why my phone reacts that way to those two ROM's, which are superb btw :D. I just wanna get to the bottom of it and make it stop :cool:

Update: So I did the heimdall to stock and then flashed revolution again, and the issue is still persistent. Something about my nandroid backup doesn't wanna play nice with Aeon & Revolution cos the issues don't pop up until after I restore my backup. I'm really baffled by this :eek:

Last edited:

bigfau

Inactive Recognized Developer
K cool thx. Will try that and report back. The question though is why it only happened with Revolution and Aeon. I'm not trying to blame anyone, I just wanna figure out why my phone reacts that way to those two ROM's, which are superb btw :D. I just wanna get to the bottom of it and make it stop :cool:

Update: So I did the heimdall to stock and then flashed revolution again, and the issue is still persistent. Something about my nandroid backup doesn't wanna play nice with Aeon & Revolution cos the issues don't pop up until after I restore my backup. I'm really baffled by this :eek:

I have never done or used a Nandroid backup. What is it for? Settings and such?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

ppalbicke

Dec 14, 2010
Chicago
Full backup and restore of an entire rom in cwm. Why would you use this to restore apps? Or did I misunderstand?

Sent from an Emancipated Infuse bleeding Orange

xolanir

Jul 19, 2011
Springville
Re: [ROM] [UCLB3] 2.3.6 REVOLUTION V1.3 4/7/2012 Surprise

Full backup and restore of an entire rom in cwm. Why would you use this to restore apps? Or did I misunderstand?

Sent from an Emancipated Infuse bleeding Orange

I've used the nandroid option for backup's in cwm in the past because of the fact that I'm able to backup entire system settings, apps and app data, SMS & mms etc. in one convenient manner, and it makes restoring even quicker. When I restore, I only restore the data, and bam, everything is on the newly flashed ROM where I want it without having to place apps where I had them in a previous ROM/launcher. So the nandroid is very convenient when flashing. I tried TiBu in the past, and it didn't work well for me. So in essence, yes I use nandroid to backup and restore apps, including everything else after I flash a new ROM. This leads me to believe that something in my nandroid doesn't wanna play nice with Revolution/Aeon. Work well with Zeus 5, 6, ztr, revelation, caty and so forth, even just your good old stock looking ROM with minor tweaks. I'm really puzzled by this.

Last edited:
I've used the nandroid option for backup's in cwm in the past because of the fact that I'm able to backup entire system settings, apps and app data, SMS & mms etc. in one convenient manner, and it makes restoring even quicker. When I restore, I only restore the data, and bam, everything is on the newly flashed ROM where I want it without having to place apps where I had them in a previous ROM/launcher. So the nandroid is very convenient when flashing. I tried TiBu in the past, and it didn't work well for me. So in essence, yes I use nandroid to backup and restore apps, including everything else after I flash a new ROM. This leads me to believe that something in my nandroid doesn't wanna play nice with Revolution/Aeon. Work well with Zeus 5, 6, ztr, revelation, caty and so forth, even just your good old stock looking ROM with minor tweaks. I'm really puzzled by this.

You wouldn't run into the hassle if you had appextractor and ems backup

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THE REVOLUTION IS HERE! Time to roll out!
    Welcome To Revolution For the SAMSUNG INFUSE 4G! It's Based Off of the Official AT&T Gingerbread update with Entropys kernel! Keep Reading for more

THIS ROM HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR A BLAST!
    IT HAS:
    DOLBY Mobile and Beats Audio integrated.
    (to activate dolby just click on the app and give it root permissions and the binary files will activate it)- preferably on rfs
    HDMI Out Support!! (Entropys Kernel!)
    183 MB Download Size (Lighter than stock)
    Debloated Of all AT&T and Stock Bloat. (Days, Allshare, Swype, Stock Music Player etc.)
    UCLB3 Deodexed Base w/14 Toggles, EPM Mod (Thanks DMAN3285, and Lidroid!)-PPALBICKE for THe Hint of red toggles :)
    Infused Supersonic scrolling (Adrenaline V14 with 99tweaks, THUNDERBOLT, and Lagfree+Supercharger)
    WP7 Nexus boot animation
    1% Battery mod
    YOUTUBE HD MOD
    Modified Build prop
    Talk W/Video Chat
    CRT-OFF Animation and EPM
    Preinstalled SU 3.0.5 Binary to keep root
    Beats Audio and Xloud audio engine-Disable Lagfix for it
    8 Lockscreen Mod integrated Thanks Nunhugger-for providing the Files needed to accomplish, Goldie, Dagr8, Sbrissen, Whitehawkx-for sources. TO ACCESS JUST LOOK IN SETTINGS>DISPLAY>UNLOCK OPTIONS
    Hint of Red Toggles for Base Theme and Razr Theme, and HOT ROD
    GB Hacked Camera from REV0LUTIONMOD (Thanks Bigfau And Frooty)
    TW4, LauncherPro, ICS launcher, Launcher 2, Xperia S Launchers added!(Thanks to Bradman117 for the Link in themes and apps, and Fr4gg0r For TW4 Manager)
    Roboto.apk :p
    Entropy's Daily Driver Kernel 4/4/2012
    Long Battery life with DD KERNEL
    UOT Battery mod with themes
    Bravia Engine added w

BUGS:
    V1: No Reported bugs yet
    V1.1:
    V1.2:Task manager taken out
    V1.3:Careful with the Razr Red
    V2: MMS App will be needing fixed
    DSP manager wont work :(
    Root lost :0
    V2.1:Fixed SU Binary, added back original MMS.apk and kept it the same :)
    V2.2:video break
    V2.3:video fixed
    Also hit thanks if you liked my rom!
    V3: Wifi sleep policy fail
    V4:

How To Install *Follow all instructions!*:
    1. Ensure that you have GB Bootloaders and are on a TW base or use the base UCLB3 Deodexed rom as a restore to stock.
    2. Ensure You are Rooted *For froyo Just use SOC, For GB flash DD kernel hopefully latest version
    3. Have RED CWM Recovery
    4. Download REVOLUTION_V4.zip by me
    5. Put it on SD Card!
    6. Reboot into recovery
    7. Wipe Data, Dalvik and Cache
    8. Goto choose Zip from SDCard
    9. Install REVOLUTION_V4.zip, then Enable Lagfix!
    10. Reboot phone and enjoy your taste of VICTORY!

For those coming from CM9:
    1. Flash any GB Stock ROM
    2. Do all wipes
    3. Install ROM From SDCARD
    4. Reboot and enjoy

If you are on V1.1 Just flash Entropys 4/4/12 Kernel in its thread with SGS kernel Flasher To Get HDMI Out Support!
    V1 Themes wont work with this edition and youll have to get the updated theme ;)
    I PUT THIS TOGETHER AS A Custom ROM For those who want a sexy phone.

Thank you:JESUS!!!, The$omator, The0soo, Nunhugger, FUSS132, DMAN3285, qkster, bigfau, slaid480, PICKACHU01, DSEXTON702, ENTROPY512, PPALBICKE, Adobe for Fireworks, LIDROID, AND XDA MODS AND DEVS FOR MAKING THIS A SITE FOR DEVELOPER WORKS AND LEARNING!

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
    REVOLUTION V1:REVOLUTION V1
    REVOLUTION V1.1:REVOLUTION V1.1
    REVOLUTION V1.2:REVOLUTION V1.2
    REVOLUTION V1.3:REVOLUTION V1.3
    REVOLUTION V2:REVOLUTION V2
    REVOLUTION V2.1:REVOLUTION V2.1
    REVOLUTION V2.2:REVOLUTION V2.2
    REVOLUTION V2.3:REVOLUTION 2.3
    REVOLUTION V3:REVOLUTION V3
    REVOLUTION V4:REVOLUTION V4 WITH DOLBY MOBILE

And now some screenshots
    4818d3d9-cc07-b113.jpg

4818d3d9-db04-cf0c.jpg

4818d3d9-db27-dcd3.jpg

4818d3d9-8739-6136.jpg
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PUT A 10 Post minimum on dev threads please??/

Really? Part of being a "dev" is dealing with questions. Your treatment if this user is unwarranted in my eyes. Be happy someone is using your stuff. Want more users? Stop posting crap like this.
    New Features and Changelog Poster
    V1: Initial Release
    TW4 Launcher, ICS Red Toggles, Google Gears Boot Animation
    V1.1
    Xperia S Launcher, Galaxy Nexus Boot Animation, Arctic Blue Theme
    V1.2
    LauncherPro Launcher, Windows Nexus Boot Animation, Snow White Blue Theme
    V1.3
    Wall Paper, Droid RAZR boot Animation, LP Sense Mod, RAZR Red Theme!
    V2.0
    GB Launcher, ice cream theme phone, Droid blue boot
    V2.2:
    Fixed .frz file by deletion, HOT ROD THEME INCLUDED and WP7 Nexus Boot animation
    V3: Testing New Mix of weapons
    V4:Dolby has entered the house
    Just a suggestion. Maybe we should make sure our roms boot before we throw them up for the general public.

I always flash my packages before I put them up. I usually check to make sure it flashes over a build (no wipe) and then also do a full wipe to make sure it flashes that way. Just a good rule of thumb.
    Addons!!!

All of the Addons will have their own features and addons! only use on v 2.2 and up
    ADDONS BELOW IN SUBSECTION

REVOLUTIONARY: Featuring
    Messaging Widget
    Email widget
    Digital clock
    Job manager
    Email widget
    for the on the go kind of guy :)