{ROM}{2.3.6}Emancipation: 1st Amendment{041312}

Search This thread

Lavman72

Feb 23, 2012
Weymouth, MA
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
So I tried 3 different ROMS with no success and then I got the idea to flash entropy's new kernel. Well that broke something because now I'm soft bricked. I can't get into DL mode or CWM, I just hang at the samsung screen. I think I finally broke it.

Gonna try some other things but i think the AT&T warranty guys will have to get me a new phone and since it can't boot I assume they can't tell its been rooted and custom roms installed.

Thanks for the help and as always I welcome any suggestions or comments

I had the same issue. After running this ROM for several weeks, got thrown into boot loop for no reason. Meaning I didn't install anything or download anything or change settings. Tried to ODIN back to stock, which I think I did. But the phone went back into boot loop, and soon thereafter I couldn't get into download mode. Then the phone just quit on me. My experience is posted in the Q&A section. Phone was still under warranty (by 2 weeks). I have replacement in hand, running stock gingerbread, for now. Process to root GB involves putting in Download mode, so I'm a little hesitant to go there just yet.

tamelion1117

Oct 14, 2011
Nampa, ID
Flash the libs in the rom section of the ota then. If you dont, video will be broken and you will not be able to record. These libs will fix that. Just flash in CWM and you will be good.
So, I flashed the Infusion Libs as you suggested and found that my phone had powered itself off a couple of times. Not a power cycle, I actually had to power the phone back on. the only thing that changed was the Infusion Libs. I'm thinking that this was likely a bad download, bad flash or possibly both? You agree?

Luckily I had performed a Nandroid backup just before I flashed the Libs. :D

Last edited:

ppalbicke

Dec 14, 2010
Chicago
Yes. I flashed the libs and my phone is all good. Nothing else should change. Running an infusion kernal now.

Sent from an Emancipated Infuse bleeding Orange

Reactions: Bubba

SGSuser0811

Aug 28, 2011
Yeah I am sure you will be fine. I brought in a bricked phone, they just looked at it and gave me a knew one no questions asked.

I had the same issue. After running this ROM for several weeks, got thrown into boot loop for no reason. Meaning I didn't install anything or download anything or change settings. Tried to ODIN back to stock, which I think I did. But the phone went back into boot loop, and soon thereafter I couldn't get into download mode. Then the phone just quit on me. My experience is posted in the Q&A section. Phone was still under warranty (by 2 weeks). I have replacement in hand, running stock gingerbread, for now. Process to root GB involves putting in Download mode, so I'm a little hesitant to go there just yet.

Thanks. I will let everyone know if I get a new phone and it will only be hours after that until I put Emancipation back on. Still the best rom out there. This was definately a combination of hardware failure and user error. Thanks for all of the help. This forum rocks everyone is very willing to help.

jimlmackjr

Mar 7, 2011
this is the first post for this ROM
so far all i did was to DL from the 1st Post and ive had no problems
and i also flashed Evergreen love the color works great in daylight
the batt bar is awsome good idea there
so far on day 3 and had a 100% charge at 0645am and it 2037 (8 37pm) and im at 30%
thumbs up

does your superuser refuse to stay updated? only reason i reverted back to entropy kernel...
This is an issue that can occur with the Infusion kernel. There is an auto-root script that runs every time you boot your phone. There is a bug in the install script that will install the 2.3 version of superuser under some circumstances. I'm working on a fix for this and should have it available by the weekend.

For now, you can try flashing 3.07 as ppal provided in post #1681, or download from here:

http://downloads.androidsu.com/superuser/Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip

If you get the old version again after a reboot, hang tight or use the Entropy DD kernel until the fix is available. :)

brclho

Jun 22, 2011
This is an issue that can occur with the Infusion kernel. There is an auto-root script that runs every time you boot your phone. There is a bug in the install script that will install the 2.3 version of superuser under some circumstances. I'm working on a fix for this and should have it available by the weekend.

For now, you can try flashing 3.07 as ppal provided in post #1681, or download from here:

http://downloads.androidsu.com/superuser/Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip

If you get the old version again after a reboot, hang tight or use the Entropy DD kernel until the fix is available. :)

glad to hear a fix is in the works! i have tried flasing over the new version of superuser manually in CWM before, but it still doesnt appear to stick (when i did it back then anyways). i do love how the entropy kernel charges so fast though!

SGSuser0811

Aug 28, 2011
And USB is good no issues?

Yes. The USB is now working. It was definitely a hardware issue and one that AT&T is aware of. The customer service center said they had 3 other phones with the same issue this week and it typically leads to a full hardware failure.

Thanks for the help

ppalbicke

Dec 14, 2010
Chicago
Look at the bright side, it was good to know your phone was going so you could get a new one

Reactions: Bubba

snoopdaclown

May 18, 2011
Reading, PA
www.facebook.com
I hadn't had no issues with infusion kernel at all. The lib files worked perfect and have working video and recording. I pit the lib files for the camera to fix the non 30 frames per second issue but didn't get to put a file on a CPU to see if its 27fps or higher. I'm going to do that later. I never noticed the glitch at the bottom of the screen before. I think I noticed it before but didn't think about it all like that but that doesn't bother me since its only when scrolling.

Sent from my Emancipated Haxsung Infuse shot up with Adrenaline

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

emancipationshowcase.png
    This is only the beginning...again...
    This is not just a re-release of R3VELATiON. It's a total rebuild from the ground up. Base has been rebuilt, theme overhauled, and a couple new faces added to the team. We hope you enjoy.

Features

• UCLB3 firmware
    • Entropy's DD Experimental KernelOriginal Thread
    • Deodexed
    • Zipaligned
    • Universal Adrenaline Shotv14-1 Original Thread
    • 8 Lockscreens - Changable in Settings Menu
    • OTA updates for rom, themes, add-ons and more...found in Settings menu
    • 14 Quick Panel Toggles - Customizable with Quickpanel Options found in Settings Menu
    • MIUI style battery bar w/customizable in Settings Menu
    • Extended power menu
    • ADW launcher
    • Custom transition animations
    • More to come...
    Added Apps

• Titanium BackUp
    • Google Music
    • Voltage Control 4.9.1
    • Black Palringo - in app settings/display...set to legacy view for black chat
    • Screenshot ER Original Thread
    • Swype - you will find two Swype keyboards found in a folder on your sd card. Install as an apk.
    • Modified Collective Wallpaper Chooser
    Please Wipe Data/Factory reset and Wipe Cache. *Once the slate is clean, flash in recovery.
    If you don't wipe...we don't know where you started and will be unable to help you with your issues.

The battery icon has been removed from the statusbar. The battery bar has taken it's place. However, upon first boot, you must set the battery bar to a width of 3 pixels in order for it to appear. Onces set, it will stick upon reboot.​

Download Emancipation A: 1
    MD5 Checksum
    0d637acdc29d61f9a8a8d7dc6710f8f2

Credits

• Experiment, Yuma, and Ppal...been fun working as a team. This is just the beginning of a great collaboration...i can has team?
    • Dman - for helping the entire Infuse community. Your pioneering spirit and giving attitude has helped make the Infuse commuinity what it is today.
    • Entropy - kernel
    • dsexton702 - Adrenaline tweaks
    • Dagr8, Sbrissen,Whitehawkx for lockscreen pioneering...and GoldieKing for all his help
    • ftgg99 - Screenshot ER
    • Trevino07 - modified Palringo
    • The Collective - thanks for being family. Not only is it a privilege to work with you...but it's great being part of a close knit phone family.
    • The dev community here on XDA...on the shoulders of giants
    • Anyone else I have forgotten...let me know if I have missed you.
    Changelog

• fixed reboot issue when recieving text message while using glass lock screen
    • Updated to Entropy's latest kernel - working HDMI out
    • lockscreen options now located in Settings/Display - removed EDT
    • changed some theme images (dropdown, rotary lock, and more...)

Nun's Themes
    Communion
    communionshowcase.png

red c20000

SuperNova
    supernovashowcase.png

cyan 00cfbe purple 5011b7

All themes can be found in the Emancipation OTA​

.............................​

FAQ

Q. I try to download from the ota and I always get "download unsucessful. How do I fix this?
    A. Many have stated that trying a browser other than stock will help...Opera, Dolphin, etc should work. If you prefer to use stock...try this: Download Astro File Explorer, open preferences, and scroll to the bottom and select "enable browser downloads"...then download like a good boy should!
    Freedom is here!
    :D

EVERGREENshowcase2.png

My EVERGREEN theme is in the OTA located in Settings.

Available in the OTA!
    tumblr_m2lwcrRZkJ1r8jvdbo1_500.jpg
    Cyan hex# 00FFFF
    Orange hex# FF5E00

EXPERIMENT
    Excuse me Mr. Moderator...

Not sure what you felt needed cleaning up, but was wondering if you would let our thread roll with whatever happens. Obviously, we appreciate you doing your part to keep our thread safe and on target, but sometimes its nice to just be human. Let us wander from development if the natural current leads us. Knowing that it will always come back. I have always enjoyed that our threads...at least ones that I have been involved in... have allowed for us to be human, change the subject, take a detour, but yet come right back to the subject at hand. Work is not always about work. Let us fraternize, in between all the official development stuff. Perty please ;)

If there us an issue in my thread, believe you me, I will notify a moderator.. .but until then, can our thread just "be"?
    4/13/12. Deep Blue theme is now available in the OTA. You will find a matching swype keyboard in the OTA as well.

If you want to change your battery bar to match, try hex code of 004499. Enjoy.

cXfK9bj1

Thank you to all the members of The Collective who have been so willing to help me in this endeavor.
    Over 1000....now...:p:D:p

But the wifes like to see $$$ instead of Thx....;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

So very true my friend.

edit: Lame, stupid Tapatalk tricked me, it said I had 1055 thanks, got on my PC and it says 992 :(
    oh well close tho, who's gonna be my 1000th??

X,
    on EVERGREEN EMANCIPATION.