anyone ever twaeked the phone or radio for better reception

Search This thread

lord dredd

Apr 4, 2011
i have tried everything , but in confined places the phone loses the signal bars fairly quickly .
all i need a strong radio which keeps latched on to the 3g signals .
at home or office whenever i turn on 3G the signal bars just go poof and then the system switches to 1x speed and sometime loses signals as well :p

airvave isnt an option for me coz i suffer at multiple places .

so any one may have ever tweaked a modem file for better reception or any other tip .

i have started this second thread about this issue in last 30 days or so

regards

BHurst

May 20, 2012
i have tried everything , but in confined places the phone loses the signal bars fairly quickly .
all i need a strong radio which keeps latched on to the 3g signals .
at home or office whenever i turn on 3G the signal bars just go poof and then the system switches to 1x speed and sometime loses signals as well :p

airvave isnt an option for me coz i suffer at multiple places .

so any one may have ever tweaked a modem file for better reception or any other tip .

i have started this second thread about this issue in last 30 days or so

regards

Are you on aosp? This happened to me on aosp. Try a TW Rom instead.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

lord dredd

Apr 4, 2011
No I am in fact on stock touch wiz.
clean bean 2.1 now.

GiantJay

Jul 2, 2012
Omaha, NE
If you are on a AOSP ROM flash a TW ROM and update the PRL and Profile and maybe try a different modem, MA6 is the most recent. It could very likely just be bad signal from Sprint especially in a building. You can also try custom PRL's and what not there is a list of all of them.

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
If you are on a AOSP ROM flash a TW ROM and update the PRL and Profile and maybe try a different modem, MA6 is the most recent. It could very likely just be bad signal from Sprint especially in a building. You can also try custom PRL's and what not there is a list of all of them.

+1
update to the latest modem if you haven't already
I can also confirm that I had very good results after using those net tweaks on my shift, its a universal linux tweak (from the thread I posted)

Reactions: lord dredd

GiantJay

Jul 2, 2012
Omaha, NE

lord dredd

Apr 4, 2011
I have been on the latest firmware since it came out.
gonna give the two threads a try

Will revert

Thanks all.

jcdominguez

Jun 5, 2010
Austin, Texas
For me the LI3 modem works better than all others. Try flashing different modems and see what works best.

"Extending android battery life through research, testing, and calibration."
Proud contributor and official kernel scientist for Team Kernelizers!
jcdominguez_zps46d291a3.png

Reactions: lord dredd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the prl thread. The first thing I would do is just get the MA6 modem and update the PRL and Profile before you need to start messing with all of this though. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1880781

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Here is the MA6 modem. This comes from freeza so go say thanks. http://goo.im/devs/freeza/Galaxy-S-fre3-MA6FirmwareModemAIO.zip

+1
    update to the latest modem if you haven't already
    I can also confirm that I had very good results after using those net tweaks on my shift, its a universal linux tweak (from the thread I posted)
    For me the LI3 modem works better than all others. Try flashing different modems and see what works best.

"Extending android battery life through research, testing, and calibration."
    Proud contributor and official kernel scientist for Team Kernelizers!
    jcdominguez_zps46d291a3.png