Custom ROMS, NFC, I9070P

Search This thread

emwu_

Feb 21, 2012
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are no Custom ROMs that support NFC on I9070P.
Could anyone explain why NFC (I assume a driver for it) is so problematic?
Is it not possible to port a solution from a similar model?

DaRkRhiNe

Mar 18, 2013
Mumbai
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are no Custom ROMs that support NFC on I9070P.
Could anyone explain why NFC (I assume a driver for it) is so problematic?
Is it not possible to port a solution from a similar model?

You can install any rom you want of I9070. You just have to change the tee folder and make some changes in the updater script
;)
Here are the steps http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191628

Last edited:

ygtenos

Nov 21, 2012
Rome
Xiaomi Poco F3
Apparently, and understandably, everyone is pretty much focused on stability for the non p version. NFC implementation is not a top priority as of now. Few months ago someone from the team was trying to do something about it, but I never heard anything new ever since.
I don't think anything simple like an xposed module or a software modification could do the trick. I suppose there has to be something at kernel level.
I have to say, as of now I never even found myself in the situatuon of being able to use NFC, let alone ever try it, so I don't exactly feel like it's that much of a big deal, but I can understand how others might feel differently about it.
KitKat has more focus on NFC than jb did, so maybe, just maybe, once some roms would reach a good level of stability there could be some more interest regarding it.
Also, if I'm not mistaken, KitKat should give the possibility of "emulating" an NFC chip even if the device doesn't have it physically (or something like it...), so maybe we'd be able to use NFC even on 9070 non-p ROMs. Who knows?
Hopefully not too late, we're still talking about a relatively old-ish device...
So, yeah, don't give up hope, but don't expect anything too soon.
:)

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

emwu_

Feb 21, 2012
@DaRkRhiNe
I'm talking about ROMs that support NFC specifically. Installing a I9070 ROM, while possible, won't give me NFC functionality.
@ygtenos
NFC requires hardware. It's not possible to emulate it. And there are both official and custom Kernels for I9070P that support NFC. Just no custom ROMs.

I tried finding out what NFC chip sits inside I9070P, but couldn't find the information. I assume it's either a NXP or Broadcom one.

Reactions: ygtenos

ygtenos

Nov 21, 2012
Rome
Xiaomi Poco F3
@DaRkRhiNe
I'm talking about ROMs that support NFC specifically. Installing a I9070 ROM, while possible, won't give me NFC functionality.

@ygtenos
NFC requires hardware. It's not possible to emulate it. And there are both official and custom Kernels for I9070P that support NFC. Just no custom ROMs.

I tried finding out what NFC chip sits inside I9070P, but couldn't find the information. I assume it's either a NXP or Broadcom one.

Silly me, I read this in a rush and completely misunderstood: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2505927
Sorry for that and thanks for the clarification.

emwu_

Feb 21, 2012
Any dev still planning to work on NFC support? Looks like there's no progress lately. @diego-ch, @t4n017, @Rox all talked about implementing it at some point, but there was no successful attempt.

Last edited:

sol-invictus

Feb 5, 2011
Any dev still planning to work on NFC support? Looks like there's no progress lately. @diego-ch, @t4n017, @Rox all talked about implementing it at some point, but there was no successful attempt.

It looks like that there has been some development (as you mentioned in this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52624987&postcount=1504 ) - I will try cm-11-20140513-UNOFFICIAL-janicep.zip but I have no hope that it will work, as other posts suggest...

emwu_

Feb 21, 2012
Last edited:
Reactions: sol-invictus

Top Liked Posts