[ROM][4.4.4][Ovation][EMMC][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 11 & CyanogenMod 11

Search This thread

secretwolf98

Jan 30, 2017
Iowa
r5-3600.github.io
You can find download under the "Downloads" tab on the top left of this thread / post.

Or you can find it at, https://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=22393#downloads

Changelog:

2017-12-29: Fixed fonts, fixed the boot animation file, and updated webview stuff. lineage-11-20171229-UNOFFICIAL-ovation.zip

2017-12-29 #2: Removed Lighting Browser + because it crashes, and added a safer browser. lineage-11-20171229-UNOFFICIAL-ovation.zip

2017-12-30: Removed the Browser for crashing reasons (download your own browser). lineage-11-20171230-UNOFFICIAL-ovation.zip

2017-12-31: Updated CM apps. lineage-11-20171231-UNOFFICIAL-ovation.zip

2018-01-11: Updated security patch. lineage-11-20180111-UNOFFICIAL-ovation.zip

2018-01-22: Fixed system apps, priv-apps, and framework. This update fixes the UI crashes after each reboot or shut down. lineage-11-20180122-UNOFFICIAL-ovation.zip

2018-01-25 CyanogenMod 11: Updated everything, this is the first release. cm-11-20180125-NIGHTLY-ovation.zip

2018-03-12 CyanogenMod 11: Updated all of the apps, updated the webview stuff, and updated the security patch. cm-11-20180312-NIGHTLY-ovation.zip

2018-09-05 CyanogenMod 11: Updated all of the apps, updated the webview stuff, and updated the security patch to: August 1, 2018. cm-11-20180905-NIGHTLY-ovation.zip

2018-09-16 CyanogenMod 11: Updated the security patch and fixed some security issues within the system. cm-11-20180916-NIGHTLY-ovation.zip

2018-12-03 CyanogenMod 11: Updated security patch and upgraded some system apps. cm-11-20181203-NIGHTLY-ovation.zip

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][4.4.4][Ovation][EMMC][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 11 & CyanogenMod 11, ROM for the Barnes & Noble Nook HD+

Contributors
secretwolf98, LineageOS, twiztid_ (For testing this ROM), and CyanogenMod
Source Code: https://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=22393#downloads

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
Based On: LineageOS 11 & CyanogenMod 11

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2018-01-22 (LineageOS 11) & 2018-12-03 (CyanogenMod 11)

Created 2017-09-06
Last Updated 2018-12-03

Last edited:

ieatabiscuit

Ok, so far it's running great. I haven't gotten to really dig deep into it like I planned due to a busy day, but I did learn that YouTube still runs like trash. I honestly think it's the app, not the ROM, since it has been this way across several ROMs, and more than a couple devices. I found a little bit of screen flicker when plugged in and in landscape view. This cleared up immediately by disabling ambient display (which I don't think is even usable on the nooks anyway). Other than this, I have nothing to report, all is working as desired!

secretwolf98

Jan 30, 2017
Iowa
r5-3600.github.io
Ok, so far it's running great. I haven't gotten to really dig deep into it like I planned due to a busy day, but I did learn that YouTube still runs like trash. I honestly think it's the app, not the ROM, since it has been this way across several ROMs, and more than a couple devices. I found a little bit of screen flicker when plugged in and in landscape view. This cleared up immediately by disabling ambient display (which I don't think is even usable on the nooks anyway). Other than this, I have nothing to report, all is working as desired!

Ok, thanks for your feedback! :)

Did you know that the person that make marsh, lolli, n, etc for the nooks, is making aosp 8.0 for HD and HD+?
I found sources on his GitHub, https://github.com/airend/android/tree/tmp/oreo.

ieatabiscuit

Ok, thanks for your feedback! :)

Did you know that the person that make marsh, lolli, n, etc for the nooks, is making aosp 8.0 for HD and HD+?
I found sources on his GitHub, https://github.com/airend/android/tree/tmp/oreo.

Ahh, good old amaces. He's been at it for a long time too! I bounce around ROMs from time to time depending on what I want to use my Ovation for. His ROMs are pretty solid and stable too, but I wanted to give old-school KK a try again. I've alwayse liked the split-screen menu layout it used over the newer versions too.

secretwolf98

Jan 30, 2017
Iowa
r5-3600.github.io
Ahh, good old amaces. He's been at it for a long time too! I bounce around ROMs from time to time depending on what I want to use my Ovation for. His ROMs are pretty solid and stable too, but I wanted to give old-school KK a try again. I've alwayse liked the split-screen menu layout it used over the newer versions too.

Would you know if UA hummingbird AOSP 7.1.2 is stable? I might try it after school.

ieatabiscuit

Would you know if UA hummingbird AOSP 7.1.2 is stable? I might try it after school.

I used to have a working Hummingbird, but it's got a bad battery, and I haven't replaced it yet, so I'm not quite as versed on it as the Ovation anymore. I do know that he's got a following of people that test on the Hummingbird since he doesn't have one himself, and aside for trivial things like the boot screen's orientation being upside down, his' ROMs are known for being quite stable. I remember my Hummingbird feeling faster then my Ovation, but that's also due to the GPU not being taxed as hard as it is on that 1080p display. I remember I had MANY hours of use in on that Hummingbird with his ROMs at the hands of my kids. So much use the battery wore out. Never had any issues with it on the software side that I remember. Now you have me wondering if I can mod mine to fit an ovation-ish battery into it for longer life...

secretwolf98

Jan 30, 2017
Iowa
r5-3600.github.io
I used to have a working Hummingbird, but it's got a bad battery, and I haven't replaced it yet, so I'm not quite as versed on it as the Ovation anymore. I do know that he's got a following of people that test on the Hummingbird since he doesn't have one himself, and aside for trivial things like the boot screen's orientation being upside down, his' ROMs are known for being quite stable. I remember my Hummingbird feeling faster then my Ovation, but that's also due to the GPU not being taxed as hard as it is on that 1080p display. I remember I had MANY hours of use in on that Hummingbird with his ROMs at the hands of my kids. So much use the battery wore out. Never had any issues with it on the software side that I remember. Now you have me wondering if I can mod mine to fit an ovation-ish battery into it for longer life...

Is it stable on Ovation? https://builds.unlegacy-android.org/aosp-7.1/ovation/

ieatabiscuit

I haven't tried, or heard of before now, unlegacy on my ovation. So far, your ROM is a very well done re-release of CM11. As for the other, newer ROMs on Ovation, yes, they run quite well. I've only tried amaces' ROMs, and he put a lot of hours, and software tweaking magic into getting it to runt he way it does. I'm going to try this new stuff tonight I think. Just to see what it's about.

Update: I can't get Un-Legacy to boot, so I would say it's not as stable as hoped

Last edited:

secretwolf98

Jan 30, 2017
Iowa
r5-3600.github.io
I haven't tried, or heard of before now, unlegacy on my ovation. So far, your ROM is a very well done re-release of CM11. As for the other, newer ROMs on Ovation, yes, they run quite well. I've only tried amaces' ROMs, and he put a lot of hours, and software tweaking magic into getting it to runt he way it does. I'm going to try this new stuff tonight I think. Just to see what it's about.

Update: I can't get Un-Legacy to boot, so I would say it's not as stable as hoped

Thanks.

Strange, I used it for the first time on hummingbird, and it boots.

Yea same, I only used CM and @amaces ROMs.

I can't wait to try Android Oreo on Nook HD, and if it ever comes out for the Galaxy Tab 2. :)

pvaldeben

Feb 20, 2011
E. Rockaway
You can find download under the "Downloads" tab on the top left of this thread / post.

Or you can find it at, https://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=22393#downloads

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][4.4.4][Ovation][EMMC][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 11, ROM for the Barnes & Noble Nook HD, HD

Contributors
secretwolf98, LineageOS, twiztid_ (For testing this ROM)
Source Code: https://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=22393#downloads

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2017-09-05

Created 2017-09-06
Last Updated 2017-09-06

Thanks for this Rom, its been years since I've flashed and wouldlike to know the steps and what gapps to use.

Thanks in advance.

secretwolf98

Jan 30, 2017
Iowa
r5-3600.github.io

pvaldeben

Feb 20, 2011
E. Rockaway

herges

Oct 8, 2010
Flashed it over the weekend and Worked like a charm. My Nook HD+ has new life. Thanks again for the latest build, gapps and the video. Sweet.:good::good::good:

Sorry, did you flash the LineageOS 11 (4.4.4) ROM or the 7.1.2 one also mentioned in this post? My previous experience with anything newer than KitKat on this device was that performance was too slow. I'm back on CM 11 at the moment but would be tempted to flash a newer ROM.

pvaldeben

Feb 20, 2011
E. Rockaway
Sorry, did you flash the LineageOS 11 (4.4.4) ROM or the 7.1.2 one also mentioned in this post? My previous experience with anything newer than KitKat on this device was that performance was too slow. I'm back on CM 11 at the moment but would be tempted to flash a newer ROM.

I flashed the recommended 7.1.2 and seems to work great for my use. I use it mostly as a media player in my shop. for google music, tunein, iHeart, and HDHomeRun, but HD HOMErun stops streaming after 30 seconds, must be due to 512meg memory on the system. But Plex works with out an issue.

Its connected to a car radio in my shop and works great and responsive. I do leave it plugged in beacuse its always in the same spot.

Thanks again, if I start having any issue,' ill let you know.

secretwolf98

Jan 30, 2017
Iowa
r5-3600.github.io
I flashed the recommended 7.1.2 and seems to work great for my use. I use it mostly as a media player in my shop. for google music, tunein, iHeart, and HDHomeRun, but HD HOMErun stops streaming after 30 seconds, must be due to 512meg memory on the system. But Plex works with out an issue.

Its connected to a car radio in my shop and works great and responsive. I do leave it plugged in beacuse its always in the same spot.

Thanks again, if I start having any issue,' ill let you know.

Your welcome. Ok

herges

Oct 8, 2010
Do you have hummingbird? It won't let me install 4.4.2, 4.4.3, and 4.4.4

I do have both a hummingbird and Ovation - both on the old 4.4.4 ROMs as anything newer had too much lag. Which ROM exactly are you trying to install and what recovery version are you on? I seem to remember that the 4.x ROMs needed the old recovery to install.

secretwolf98

Jan 30, 2017
Iowa
r5-3600.github.io
I do have both a hummingbird and Ovation - both on the old 4.4.4 ROMs as anything newer had too much lag. Which ROM exactly are you trying to install and what recovery version are you on? I seem to remember that the 4.x ROMs needed the old recovery to install.

It gives me an error for all recoveries. Can you make a TWRP backup of hummingbird factory re-set LineageOS 11, and send me it? CM official givers errors and LineageOS 11.

Top Liked Posts