[16.10.2012[MAGLDR][SD]MIUI JellyBean 2.10.12 [NATIVE SD]LINKS ONLINE

Search This thread

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
I'm using version MIUI JellyBean 2.8.24 right now, so far haven't seen any bugs, cause it's simple, unzip copy and paste in root of sd card set everything correctly in magldr and boot up, but is there anyway to increase the ram/memory from 512 to 1024 or even higher if possible? That's the only thing that's killing me! LoL
_

Scratch that, this worked: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24930501 now I've got 2048mb's(2Gb's)!!
_

Only problem is I can't link a google account play store and gmail closes right back out the moment I click on them, anyway to fix this and some dock icons are missing.
_
_
_

Okay I bumped it up to 1Gb using Toporesizer.

Last edited by a moderator:

RDionysus

May 16, 2010
New York
...is there anyway to increase the ram/memory from 512 to 1024 or even higher if possible? That's the only thing that's killing me! LoL...
n1nj4Lo,
You cannot increase RAM beyond the phone's physical limitation. You can "manage" the memory, but that will only take you so far...
Unless that's a mistake in your post and your question is instead referring to the size of the "virtual" Data partition /disk image? In which case that's easily expanded.

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
n1nj4Lo,
You cannot increase RAM beyond the phone's physical limitation. You can "manage" the memory, but that will only take you so far...
Unless that's a mistake in your post and your question is instead referring to the size of the "virtual" Data partition /disk image? In which case that's easily expanded.
To the latter, yes that's what I meant. I didn't think it was possible in GB(Gingerbread obviously, not Gigabytes! LoL).

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
I think JB and ICS was/is too much for the HD2 to take on and handle and a lot of the GB MiUi's I tried were very limited on memory 256/512Mb's max and that's why I was asking originally.

RDionysus

May 16, 2010
New York
Better late than never...

I think JB and ICS was/is too much for the HD2 to take on and handle and a lot of the GB MiUi's I tried were very limited on memory 256/512Mb's max and that's why I was asking originally.
I realize it's a bit ridiculous that I'm just getting around to answering your post a year later :p, but FWIW...
I've tried dozens of ROMs on my HD2s (I have two) over the years, and have found that Jelly Bean is runnable, but a bit tough on the hardware. ICS can actually run very smooth, depending on the ROM. Gingerbread runs exceptionally well, and to answer your question directly: no, there is no inherent limitation AFAIK as to the amount of virtual memory (i.e., storage) you can have. For example, one of my favorite SD card ROMs was a GB MIUI version by user "Jaguaralani." I was using a 2GB image file for that one, and you could probably go much higher.
(I don't know if you are still tooling around with the HD2, but if you were interested I could look up the specific files I was using)

BTW, The most important thing I've found, when it comes to the performance of SD card roms (or Nand-based roms that use a card-based data partition), is the type of SD card you are using. If you use a card with poor small-file read/write rates, you are going to have horrible performance. My favorite card for SD-based ROMs--on ANY Android device--is the Samsung Class 6 (16GB or above). It performs tremendously!

Last edited:

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
I realize it's a bit ridiculous that I'm just getting around to answering your post a year later :p, but FWIW...
I've tried dozens of ROMs on my HD2s (I have two) over the years, and have found that Jelly Bean is runnable, but a bit tough on the hardware. ICS can actually run very smooth, depending on the ROM. Gingerbread runs exceptionally well, and to answer your question directly: no, there is no inherent limitation AFAIK as to the amount of virtual memory (i.e., storage) you can have. For example, one of my favorite SD card ROMs was a GB MIUI version by user "Jaguaralani." I was using a 2GB image file for that one, and you could probably go much higher.
(I don't know if you are still tooling around with the HD2, but if you were interested I could look up the specific files I was using)

BTW, The most important thing I've found, when it comes to the performance of SD card roms (or Nand-based roms that use a card-based data partition), is the type of SD card you are using. If you use a card with poor small-file read/write rates, you are going to have horrible performance. My favorite card for SD-based ROMs--on ANY Android device--is the Samsung Class 6 (16GB or above). It performs tremendously!
Yeah sure, if you've got the file shoot it to me, I wanted to try it but his links were dead, so I had to give up and hunt for something else.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MIUI v4.1 JellyBean

20120830050408.jpg
    20120830050433.jpg
    20120830050508.jpg
    20120830050527.jpg
    20120830050830.jpg
    20120830050900.jpg
    20120830051020.jpg
    20120830051035.jpg
    20120830050711.jpg

Big thanks to Smokin901,boonbing,Tytung,securecrt and XDA.

ROM based on smokin901 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1839194

Ported using Portadroid Ultimate v4.0 http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1094372

MIUI JellyBean 2.9.29 NATIVE SD

Be Advised ROM may have loads of bugs so
    use with caution you have been warned.This is not yet for daily use

BUGS

Ram is quite low so i have installed auto memory optimizer from market but it totally up to you.
    If you have problem with installing some apps please see HERE

Instructions for native sd

Please see HERE Thanks mengfei:good:

Instructions for old method

Well you know just extract everything and put the build folder (the one with all the files in, for example ics, jelly) in the root of your sd card. If WM6.5 tap on clrcad (nothing appears to happen) then haret, if magldr navigate to build folder using ad-sd dir and select build folder name then boot AD SD.
    Please remember to REBOOT X 3.
    Magldr users can get different sized blank data.ext4 from here http://xdaforums.com/show...postcount=1353 edit; may get boot loops, please test. Magldr default=512Mb if you leave empty. edit2 here is blank 256mb one http://www.mediafire.com/?ey40c1wti77ni2w
    Latest Kernels can be found here http://xdaforums.com/show...88&postcount=4 but default runs well. Remember to back up before changing kernels (system.ext4 and data.ext4 just in case)

DISCLAIMER:
    I do this in my free time,i dont have a lot of free time,so i wont be able to give you full support guys,I dont have a lot of knowledge too, so i ask kindly to everyone to get involved and help each other and keep the amazing spirit of this community ;

Downloads

MIUI JellyBean 2.10.12 Native SD

DEV-HOST LINK

MIUI JellyBean 2.9.29 Native SD

DEV-HOST LINK

MIUI JellyBean 2.9.29 MULTI LANG Native SD

DEV-HOST LINK

MIUI JellyBean 2.9.14 PORTADROID
    Note that first boot will take about 10 mins (depending on size of data.ext4 created) and will end with the phone rebooting. Second boot will take less time and will show the boot animation (as opposed to portadroid screen in first boot). You are porting this build, it is so that some apps are put in data.ext4 file. remember to reboot x3. Note that ICS folder is renamed CM10V12 and startup.txt has been edited.
    After second boot, you can safely delete root_tmp folder to save disk space

DEV-HOST LINK

MIUI JellyBean 2.9.14 Native SD

DOWNLOAD

MIUI JellyBean 2.9.7 Native SD

DEV-HOST LINK

P.S PLEASE LET THE BUILD SETTLE

MIUI JellyBean 2.9.7 Normal Method

DOWNLOAD

MIUI JellyBean 2.8.24

MEDIAFIRE LINK
    GOOGLE DRIVE LINK

For information in Italian language please see HERE
    MIUI JellyBean 2.9.29 Multi Lang is online post 1

There are two version normal (english) and multi Lang(not sure what Langs are included check parent thread:)

As you know I am very busy with my studies and haven't been able to visit xda as much as I would like After a lot of thought I am going stop my xda journey,hope you all understand.

I would like to thank you all for you help and support:)
    Sorry, I still do not get you and I know there are some postings on it in the past. In the SD version of MIUI ICS, I could not find /system/build.prop... After unzipping and downloading the image file (.zip), I put the whole folder "miuiics" in my SD card. Inside miuiics, there is a root folder, but it is empty. Beside that, there is no other folders that I can find, just a number of files..... Thank you.

You have to use root browser or ESFile explorer on then got to /system and open the build.prop file, either the line "qemu.hw.mainkeys=0" exists or you have to add it.

You have to do this after you've installed MIUI on your phone, hope the attached screenshots let you understand how to do it.
    [29.04.2012[MAGLDR][SD]MIUI ICS 2.4.27[Securecrt&Dori 6.6D HWA] is now on post 1. A BIG thanks to Smokin901 and Securecrt:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

sorry people forgot to change "rel_path=ics to "rel_path=miuiics in startup.txt AGAIN

Also for softkeys see http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25440832&postcount=711

Multi language coming soon:) http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25452734&postcount=740
    MIUI ICS 2.7.6 Is on post 1

Hi peolpe, this will be my last port as HD2 is broken

THanks for all your help and support

P.S If anyone is interested in taking over this thread just drop me a PM