Installing TWRP over CWM

Search This thread

Jorian85

Apr 12, 2014
St. Paul
This may be a noob question but I've been stuck in Steve Jobs' walled garden for a couple years.
I've got the unofficial CWM recovery right now but I see they released a TWRP recovery now. Can I just use goomanager to install it or do I need to somehow remove CWM first?

Verizon HTC ONE M8 Running Skyfall ROM.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Evocm7

Oct 19, 2011
Bakersfield
I haven't heard anyone confirm goomanager working although I don't see why it wouldn't. People have confirmed flashify working. Like robocuff said though, flash right over cwm

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Jorian85

Apr 12, 2014
St. Paul
I found an article saying use goomanager is all. Will give it a shot, now I can't find the article again.

sfreemanoh

Oct 20, 2008
You can also just get ADB and the prereq's setup on your computer and ADB push TWRP to your device. It's pretty easy. Pushing itself takes about 1 minute (including the time it takes to reboot to the bootloader, push the TWRP image, and reboot afterwards). Getting the ADB files and HTC drivers takes only a little longer (depending on your download speeds).

P2o8wer

Sep 24, 2012
I grab flashify from then play store downloaded the IMG file from the op AMD flashed it through flashify. Worked perfect

Reactions: htcdude123

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I grab flashify from then play store downloaded the IMG file from the op AMD flashed it through flashify. Worked perfect