[APP](Root Req)Viper4Android Sound

Search This thread

riso123

Dec 3, 2010
Anyone attempted new version on stock firmware, I'm running COI4 rooted and permissive, I am not feeling lucky today.

Coincidently, I installed it only a few hours ago. Straight install with none of the mods on the op.

So far is working great.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

riso123

Dec 3, 2010
There is no driver quality selection in this version. I need to research, but I think this Verdon may be causing some battery drain on my device.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Downgrade top pervious version so far seems more battery friendly. Might just be my device however.

Mezabaru

Feb 27, 2013
Guelph, Ontario
There is no driver quality selection in this version. I need to research, but I think this Verdon may be causing some battery drain on my device.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Downgrade top pervious version so far seems more battery friendly. Might just be my device however.

I'm not noticing anything insane battery wise, it's kinda late ping me and I'll post stats tomorrow

Last edited:
Reactions: riso123

riso123

Dec 3, 2010
I'm not noticing anything insane battery wise, it's kinda late ping me and I'll post stats tomorrow

I was losing 1% every 5 minutes. I've only just got up, so need to disconnect and see what happens now. I'll post my stats a little later.

riso123

Dec 3, 2010
So I've lost 21% in 1 hour 10 minutes whilst playing "two dots"most of the time. For me that's a vast improvement. I'd have been down to nearly 40% by this point yesterday.

riso123

Dec 3, 2010
Now been say at 79% for just over an hour. Starting to think it's not displaying correctly now as I would expect to have lost some by now!

Mezabaru

Feb 27, 2013
Guelph, Ontario

Now been say at 79% for just over an hour. Starting to think it's not displaying correctly now as I would expect to have lost some by now!

What music player do you use? Power amp here, viper is my life long reason for rooting.

smthtlkr

Jan 4, 2015
Sprint Samsung G-sm900p running Android Ver6

Will not work on my Rooted Samsung Galaxy S5, the Prop. Build is totally different, and driver said no go

Reactions: wawis

killerBRs

Nov 1, 2011
São Paulo, SP
Unfortunately, Sometimes it happens the app "Stop" The effect of nowhere, and Volta do nothing also when I'm listening to music, This happens if I open and close V4a, use Task Killer from Samsung, How to solve? Android 6.0.1, the latest version V4A, Boeffla Kernel, G900M, Permissive SELINUX, Stericson Busybox.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

yup. not working on marshmallow. but if you use crazy super kernel it will.

Working for me, But i Had some "Problems":

Unfortunately, Sometimes it happens the app "Stop" The effect of nowhere, and do nothing also when I'm listening to music, This happens if I open and close V4a, use Task Killer from Samsung, How to solve? Android 6.0.1, the latest version V4A.

torsitch

Mar 29, 2017
Viper4Android v4a Fix Install/Update Error Installation [03/28/17]

[03/28/17]
When Viper4Android or V4A installation because of Busybox error or not updated, *you have 2 of 3 likely requirements, 3 of 3 if you have **** luck or are bad at game* necessary to complete the necessary installation procedures that will show some success.
Three Stars = Essential IMO
***1) Visit vipersaudio dot com. Remember/bookmark it.
***1) Get root. You do not need to unlock the bootloader unless actually necessary. Do note the violation when unlocking the bootloader, in case you happen to have a service plan with the provider of your phone
***3) Edit your build.prop file. Since you have assumed root -> this is found in /system/ . You can do this with QuickEdit, or any other Android Operation System (AOSP) app. If you happen to be too lazy to root your system -- I don't know, figure it out.
**Add and/or edit** these lines at the end of the document (or anywhere you want really), without the dashes of course
----
lpa.decode=false
lpa.use-stagefright=false
tunnel.decode=false
----
***3) Reboot. Do not *soft reboot* if you happen to have the option*
***4) Use Total Commander under root, or use Root Explorer. You also want to make sure SELinux is set to Permissive. If you are using an Android version over 4.3, you must enable it through init.d - > you can do this very easily by Enabling Init.d Emulation in Kernel Adiutor (requires root).
***5) You will need to open Kernel Adiutor -> Misc -> SELinux Permissive -> Apply on boot (ticked on) -> Setting set as permissive. Save a profile. Apply that profile via long press. Hard reboot. Do not let that program be disallowed from auto-startup. At all.
6) Install 2.5.0.5 if you are able to.
[If you have installed before, considering you're having issues] you could supposedly fix installation by making sure that any audio.effect file in /system/vendor/etc matches the one in /system/etc) -> You will have to use search forum "596 and 594" "v4a" for reference if my description is more ambiguous than you would like.
***7) Note that adiutor is mispelled. Audiutor is latin for the adjective -> "helper, assistant, confederate".
***8) Do not download any apps that are spelled correctly, AKA: (Auditor) bad. Bad!!!
9) If you previously installed and are trying to upgrade, you could check your /system/etc/audio.effects file for the v4a entry. Ensure it is there and the app is not.
If 2.5.0.5 did work ->
10) Uninstall prior versions and reboot
Install 2.4.0.1 and profit
11) Uninstall prior versions and reboot
Install 2.3.4.0 and profit

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just wanted to post that I have installed Viper4Android and it works beautifully on my rooted S5. This app is the #1 reason I root.

This app will change the way you think about sound (seriously). Every time I demo the difference to someone by turning it on and off they immediately ask me to install it for them.

Installed using directions by @docnok63, paraphrased below for your convenience. I have only tested this app on my rooted T-mobile S5, and only with spotify (it's the only player I use). Of course you should always backup first and only you are responsible for what you do to your device.

1. Ensure you are rooted. From this point on, grant all superuser requests.

2. Download ViPER4Android FX. Get the latest version under the "Android FX" heading.

3. Extract the 4.x .apk from the zip. If you haven't already, smart-install Busybox from the play store.

4. Move the 4.x .apk to root system/app using a root-friendly file browser of your choice. Reboot to reset permissions.

5. Launch the app (from your app drawer). Grant root to let it install drivers. I've always gone with super audio quality; I suppose it's up to you. It may ask you if it can modify some files to disable power saving...just let it happen. :good: Reboot again.

6. Go straight to settings/sound/music effects (at the bottom) and toggle Viper4Android as default.

7. Open root system/build.prop using a file explorer and text editor with root access. You change three lines of code as follows. Some may already have been changed.

Code:
    Ipa.decode=true should read Ipa.decode=false
    tunnel.decode=true to tunnel.decode=false
    lpa.use-stagefright=true to lpa.use-stagefright=false

8. Save the file and reboot once more. Open the Viper4Android app and have at the sound settings; play around until you find what works for you (just make sure to check "Enable" :highfive:). You can edit the settings as you have music playing. When you get it where you want it, toggle the enable button and see how far you've come.

You can explore the main app thread here for some ideas on customization.

All credit due to @viper520, @zhuhang, and @docnok63.

All I did was paraphrase. Hope this helps someone!
    Viper4Android Stock Enforcing Kernel FIX!

I am running Xtrestolite Lollipop (no Knox), on a stock kernel on my Galaxy S5 Exynos(G900H)!

Viper4Android is working on Play Music!
    The steps I followed were,

1) Installed Viper4Android as a user app
    2) Without opening the app, I froze Sound Alive using Titanium Backup. (Adapt Sound was removed in my ROM)
    3) I installed this flashable script I found here->link through recovery. This script enables viper4android in enforcing!
    4) After Reboot, installed High Performance Driver and accessed it through Play Music's equaizer settings!
    5) Its been running well so far!

Check out my screenshots!

Hope this works!!!
    Idunno why people want this, SoundAlive works perfect for me :)

Verstuurd van mijn SM-G900F

I want it because, it's the most adjustable, best sound mod i've ever used. SoundAlive is good, but for me Viper4, beats them all. (just my opinion)

SM-G900W8 / 0x1
    Mine still doesn't work D: followed these instructions exact I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.

EDIT: Does work, just doesn't work in the default Samsung galaxy music app.
    Do NOT disable LPA feature on KitKat (4.4.2)

The systemui crash I wrote about a few days ago was because I hit YES when V4A asked me if I wanted to disable Low Power Audio (LPA). DO NOT hit yes when it askes you that.Sooo...

1. Install Busybox
    2. Install V4A
    3. Install drivers
    4. DO NOT hit yes when it asks you to disable LPA (tap NO)
    5. Set V4A to Compatible Mode
    6. Set up all your V4A settings like you want them to be
    7. Reboot
    8. Go to Settings-Sound-Audio Effects and choose V4A as default
    9. Enjoy the beautiful sound (if you're using Poweramp, don't forget to enable MusicFX in its settings ; Spotify automatically does this)

PS Sometimes when you reboot your phone the effect is gone.
    FIX : Go into V4A main app and disable the service, after which enable it again (no need to reboot)
    I think moving the .apk to system/app should fix the no effect after reboot problem, but I just installed as normal app so not sure :p