[Q] Which android phone has all the sourcecodes available for making full customroms?

Search This thread

diper07

Feb 26, 2014
Today I learnt that on some android devices it is impossible to make 100% custom roms because the phone maker company has made source code of SoC closedsource like Samsung's exynos powered devices.

So I was wondering which android device has all of its source codes available for ultimate customization.

also please tell me, is it always the SoC maker which makes source code closedsource or its the phone maker which makes sourcecode closed source?

Thanks!

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
Today I learnt that on some android devices it is impossible to make 100% custom roms because the phone maker company has made source code of SoC closedsource like Samsung's exynos powered devices.

So I was wondering which android device has all of its source codes available for ultimate customization.

also please tell me, is it always the SoC maker which makes source code closedsource or its the phone maker which makes sourcecode closed source?

Thanks!

most likely the recent Motorola phones (moto X/G) will have open source codes since google owned motorola when they came out, same with the nexus line.

akashg1998

Feb 23, 2014
Kolkata
htc

Thanks!

i think htc phones have all their full sources :)