[6828 ROM] HP iPAQ rw6828 WM6.5.5 Build 23545 AND-3 Series

Search This thread

AndyAdinda

Ok, here's another work from my sleepless nights...

HP iPAQ rw6828 WM6.5.5 Build 23545 AND-3 Series
After many advices from our brother rizky_p, boril, W_a_x_x and others, I’ve decided to build 4 version of the ROM. And here they are…

Almost Official version​

Removed:
- MS Tag Reader
- Widgets (you can always install them manually)

Download here
http://www.mediafire.com/?zwmm4dyzqld

My Customized ROMs​

Angel Version I with MMS​
Thanks to boril for the appreciations​

With All Office Mobile 2010 Applications
Download here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jdnywxjkjyn

Angel Version II with Universal Encodings
(Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Thailand, Arabic, Hebrew, etc)
Thanks to Asukal for the great NLS​

Added
- HTC EZInput by HTC
- MS Facebook 1.1.0.14 by Microsoft
- Only Word Mobile and Excel Mobile 2010
Download here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4hmjoizjogz

Devil version with Manila 2D
My own Cuztomizations...

Manila 2D... Most were my modifications. The skin were from Diamond. Icons from Mega and Clock were from Jade. I turned the selector to transparent, made IE as the default browser and add facebook link in the internet widget. I also changed the Email Widget's background so the mail is no more covered with envelope.

I'm sorry but I'll upload this on the 23554 build

Common Official OEMs
HTC Bluetooth Explorer by HTC
HTC SIM Manager by HTC
HTC Wireless Manager by HTC

Common Developers OEMs
Advanced Configuration Tool 3.3 by Julien Schapman
FreeCell version 1.2 by nandhp
Notepad Version 3.5.9198.0 by Shamasis
Oxios CloseApp by Oxios
PCM Image Viewer by
PkTorch by Cee’z
PocketRAR by RARLab
RAM Sweeper by BsB
Task Manager v3.0 by FdcSoft
WM5torage 1.8 by Igor V. Bozhko

Quick upgrading guide.
1. Download the ROM file to your computer, and then extract diskimg.nb0 from the RAR file.
2. Copy diskimg.nb0 to miniSD (not larger than 1GB)
3. MAKE SURE YOUR DEVICE HAD ENOUGH BATTERY. If you feel hesitant, just do all the next steps with the battery charger plugged in to your device.
4. Insert the miniSD to you device. And TURN ON YOUR DEVICE.
5. While the device is on, do this step. PRESS AND HOLD BOTH SOFTKEYS (button with (-) symbol, placed above the green/call key and red/end call key), and HIT THE RESET BUTTON with Stylus WHILE STILL HOLDING BOTH SOFTKEYS.
6. The next screen will be white, with HP logo at the center of your screen. The upgrade process has started. Wait about 12 (about 8 minutes for flash upgrade and 4 minutes for Cold Boot).
7. At the 8th minutes your device will be rebooted automatically. Wait again for 4 minutes for Cold Boot.
8. Align Screen, set the time, date, and localization... and finished.
9. If you finished all the steps, please change your device into landscape mode, and reboot device. This will enable HTC Album's Portrait Mode.

Big Thanks to:
Sweet Sister Adinda, Ardhya, XOJ, helloworld1, Aji Aziz, Arif Syah, rizky_p, boril, W_a_x_x... and... all friends in xda-developers.
Special Thanks to helloworld1 for the beautiful kitchen.
Credits also to XDA-Developers guru... Da_G, Ervius, and don't forget Microsoft, HTC, and HP. Thanks everybody!!!

Last edited:

AndyAdinda

My modifications over the Titanium and Lockscene

• Enlarge the image in the Picture panel and the Email/Messaging panel.
  • Change the Slider to transparent. 2 advantages by doing this. First, my Lockscreen Wallpaper wont be bothered by the Lockscreen slider. Second, the transparent slider may secure your device from other people. Don't worry. Just press the slider's normal position, and a semi-transparent slider will appear.

Install your favorite widgets

Download your OEM Widgets here:
OEM Widgets

Use Your favorite sound file
ALARM SOUNDS
RINGS AND ALERT

Last edited:

AndyAdinda

Issues and the fixes

If you enter these three menu in Settings, you'll get stuck. Don't worry. Just hold Volume down for 2 seconds (I assigned the Volume down button as OK button).

Known Bugs
  • In some menus in the control panel (shown above) you will be unable to press X button on the screen. I’ve found this issue on every WM6.5.5 235XX builds, so I think it’s related to devices’ hardware button. Most of the new devices with these builds have “OK” or “X” hardware button, but iPAQ rw6828 does not, so this problem will always appear on our iPAQ rw6828. But don’t worry… I’ve fix this problem. Just press and HOLD volume button down for 2 seconds to use “OK” or “X” button function..
  • Obex Driver. Impossible to fix… this is 2006 device met 2010 OS. But don’t worry, you can always use third party explorer such as Resco File Explorer to freely send files. I also added HTC Bluetooth Explorer which is very powerful.
  • Sound of the video recorder. Very low quality... :(
PS:
To rizky_p: Sorry bro, I couldn’t add the ArkSwitch. The application works good but if I edit the settings to enable this app on startup or the tool folder, the shortcut turned mislead. A normal istallation would be great. I’ve add a beautiful shortcut icon for you.
Oh yea, I’ve add the battery percentage bitmaps for you. Sorry if it’s not beautiful, I could only get this version. Tell me if you had another version.
To boril: I’ve add the MMS version. Hope you like it.
To W_a_x_x: Sorry bro, I’m still unable to optimize the camera to be as good as if we use the Brogent camera app. But, I’ve done some patches over the registries, so the camera quality works better than the previous one.

Last edited:

W_a_x_x

Aug 29, 2008
I cant wait to try this, especially the one with the manila2d :)
Does your M2D rom also have the ezinput ?

Last edited:

AndyAdinda

http://www.mediafire.com/?jmyyemj2lyt
the file is corrupted, can you re-upload this?

I'm uploading it. I've recheked the RAR, and unrar-ed them successfully. If the same problem appears, I'll try other than Mediafire.

updated:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zwmm4dyzqld

Yes, kindly reupload this Andy.
Meanwhile I installed "Angel Version I with MMS" and found that there is no automatic GPRS&MMS configuration to get from Network service provider

Yes, I removed the Auto Data Configuration... I did it to save more space. Can you set them manually, Bro, :)
I have very limited internet connections here, and the upload speed were s*cks. The speed is about 7KBps and it took me about 2-3 hours to upload just one ROM :(
Please. Pardon me...

Last edited:

boril

May 9, 2006
Sofia
Andy thanx to pointing me out needed application ADC ( Automatic Data Configure).. I found a cab an install it.. ;)

What is the difference between "Angel Version I with MMS" and "Almost Official" version ?
From screenshots I can see that Almost Official is less customized..
I'm happy with "Angel Version I with MMS" so far only bug I found is already known that for rw6815 you can not access WIFI advanced menu from Communication Manager, but it's not a big deal since I don't used everyday.

akita_thai

Mar 20, 2010
Thank you very much about this . But i have problem with Almost Official version . When i go to the "Getting Started" and it doesn't work ?? What 's wrong ?

AndyAdinda

Thank you very much about this . But i have problem with Almost Official version . When i go to the "Getting Started" and it doesn't work ?? What 's wrong ?

Yes, I've flashed back to the almost official version, and found the same problem. terribly sorry for this. I tried some ways to fix it but no use... :(
I think I'll remove it if you don't mind. I'll add other apps like th EZInput or Microsoft facebook, ok?? if you don't mind.

I'm looking forward for your suggestion brother...

Last edited:

Pousi

Nov 30, 2009
Devil version with Manila 2D

I want this version Devil version with Manila 2D:D
terima kaseh daripada thailand

akita_thai

Mar 20, 2010
Yes, I've flashed back to the almost official version, and found the same problem. terribly sorry for this. I tried some ways to fix it but no use... :(
I think I'll remove it if you don't mind. I'll add other apps like th EZInput or Microsoft facebook, ok?? if you don't mind.

I'm looking forward for your suggestion brother...

However, it 's fine. I just ask because that menu look good. Thank you. :D . You work hard. I admire you :) brother

rizky_p

Jan 2, 2008
Jakarta
Andy you worked really hard, i really appreciate that. I haven't tried the new ROM yet could you post what the new battery icon look like? all the shots here with the charger connected :)

Thanks again for your dedication.
Rizki P

desperate

Apr 20, 2009
Hi Andy...

I have some question.

The "Angel Version II with Universal Encodings" it can read+write an asian languages ? (Japanese , Thai..) without installing by myself? (in case of I have some keyboard software that can type those languages)

more question ,

The "Angel Version II with Universal Encodings" has the theme like your "Almost Official version" (http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5645/officialsmall.jpg) <<< I like it. !!

The last .

The "Angel Version II " has no automatic GPRS&MMS configuration like The Angel Version I ?

I've used old rom for a while it's very s*ck I like yours
please answer me:cool::cool:

Sorry for my bad english:D

AndyAdinda

I want this version Devil version with Manila 2D:D
terima kaseh daripada thailand

You're welcomed.. Sama-sama.
The ROM has finished. I just, don't feel satisfied with the Diamond theme... can anybody suggest a great wallpaper which fits the Black top bar and the black manila tab bar?? Please see my latest wallpaper test on the picture below this post. Is it good bro?

However, it 's fine. I just ask because that menu look good. Thank you. :D . You work hard. I admire you :) brother

Thank You for Your appreciation...

Andy you worked really hard, i really appreciate that. I haven't tried the new ROM yet could you post what the new battery icon look like? all the shots here with the charger connected :)

Thanks again for your dedication.
Rizki P

You're welcomed... All of the appreciations, support, and advices from You and all our brothers here have encouraged to do my best :)
Here you are... :)

Last edited: