[Q] How can I delete my GMAIL account on tablet?

Search This thread

opentoe

Dec 5, 2011
Weird question maybe. The default email client on the tablet is using the built in app. It connects to my gmail account which is fine, but I want to use the OTHER email client that is on the tablet and setup my other IMAP email accounts also and not use the default Gmail client (which is the red app) and use the yellow one that just says "mail".

Also, does anyone know what the main difference between the two email clients that are loaded on the tablet by default?

One is red and the other is yellow. I guess they are no Outlook 2010, but better than nothing right?

Jessecar96

Dec 23, 2011
jessecar96.net
The red app is Gmail - only used for google's email. The yellow app is for any other email accounts like aol or yahoo.

Go into settings and click "Accounts and Sync" then add account on the top right. Click email and add your imap account. During setup make sure you have Default Account checked, that should set it as default. Hope this helps.

Striatum_bdr

May 29, 2011
Marseille
I personally delete gmail each time it comes back with a new ROM.

It just needs a rooted device and one of the numerous apps that can uninstall a system app, or a root file explorer to erase /system/app/gmail.apk.

james3833

Feb 17, 2008
Nottingham
You can remove the Gmail sync element in settings for that account. Then setup the other email client. Only one email app will check for emails then.

Or as someone said root and uninstall it.

Joeb2000

Feb 23, 2009
ASUS ZenFone 7/7 Pro
In all honesty I usually just turn off gmail notifications and set up all the other email in my EMAIL app. That way I don't lose anything other than gmail app telling me when I have new mail.

Just open gmail app, go into settings, touch your username, uncheck notifications.

grneyez

Sep 3, 2009
You can freeze the Gmail apk. with Titanium backup and not need to uninstall.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk