Different battery covers?

Search This thread

Lirankn

Mar 17, 2011
Hey, Is it possible to buy colored battery covers for the Nexus S?
A red one will look gooood on the back of my black phone :D

Thanks

nothsa

Jul 14, 2011
I was looking for one a while ago, but I couldn't find one that had a NFC on it. The Near Field Communicator is attached to the back cover, so you will lose that functionality if you don't get a cover that has a NFC on it.

Lirankn

Mar 17, 2011
I was looking for one a while ago, but I couldn't find one that had a NFC on it. The Near Field Communicator is attached to the back cover, so you will lose that functionality if you don't get a cover that has a NFC on it.
I honestly don't care about the NFC and I don't think I'll ever use it..
Can you tell me what exactly you searched to find it or if you know someone that sells it?

demo23019

Dec 9, 2007
I wants non glossy black
Hate gloss just a fingerprint magnet and gets all sweaty in hand

I'm surprised no alternative covers
I've looked before bit no luck

Got a thin case but still would like cover

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

Last edited:

Evo_Shift

Jan 17, 2011
I think the Chinese have been reluctant to make too many due to the loss of NFC if you use a cheap door.

I would buy some spray paint designed for plastic (they sell it at auto part shops. I'd buy the primer too) and sand the cover door and apply a bunch of real thin coats of paint, sanding with real fine sandpaper between each coat, until it was as smooth as I wanted. You could buy flat paint or whatever so it wasn't as glossy too. Though fingerprints wouldn't be as noticeable on a lighter color or one not quite so reflective as black.

IIIV

May 7, 2011
Hawaii
Just get one of those Gelaskins or Bodyguardz Carbon Fiber skins <- I just got this and it looks and feels awesome.

funkiefresh

Apr 26, 2010
I haven't seen any for sale aside from the standard black or white ones.
Spray paint and clear coat the stock one.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

Viper780

the standard ones are fine for me, but i want one (or in this case two) without NFC because the radio signal is very poor on the Nexus S. But when you remove the back battery door it has one of the best signals i've ever seen on an smartphone

konkostis

Jan 21, 2012
Agrinio
the standard ones are fine for me, but i want one (or in this case two) without NFC because the radio signal is very poor on the Nexus S. But when you remove the back battery door it has one of the best signals i've ever seen on an smartphone

I tested by myself and you're right...
But why does this happen?
Have you tested that having turned off the NFC?

Viper780

I tested by myself and you're right...
But why does this happen?
Have you tested that having turned off the NFC?

sure iv'e tested it with NFC off, not big difference to NFC on. Its because the NFC antenna in the Cover is very Big and shields the other frequencys to good.

I'm still searching for an Bat. cover without NFC. Any links or recommendations?

PXN

Jun 26, 2010
I bought 2 of these from this seller. They arrived quickly and do not contain NFC. I bought them to coat in plastidip (works well in 1-2 coats, 3 destroys it) - source (my six tries).

Search ebay for this description and this seller.

ORIGINAL NEW Back Battery Door Cover for Samsung Nexus S i9023 W/TRACKING

Seller: zenkili1005

This is not an advertisement, I am simply answering a request with a supplier that is reasonably priced and I have done business with in the last 3 weeks. I have no affiliation with said supplier and no form of referral.

Last edited: