[Q] Kernel for stock rom

Search This thread

Hipnetix

Jul 5, 2011
Hi guys,
Is there any kernel that is recommended for the stock rom on the HTC Wildfire? Because I rooted the phone and I'd like to keep the stock rom (I got used to it) but I also want to OC the phone.

Thanks.

Hipnetix

Jul 5, 2011
Thanks, I've flashed this kernel but when I had hit reboot the phone it got till the point where it says 'HTC Quietly Brilliant' and it got stuck there. I've left the phone there for about 15mins and it didn't change... So do you have an idea of what I did wrong?
Anyway has someone else also got a kernel that is recommended to use with the stock rom?

EDIT:
I've installed the InfinityPLAY kernel and noticed that my wifi range has been decreased drastic. I'm here up in my room where I've always had a good stable wifi connection but now it can't even find it... If I go downstairs it finds the wifi without a problem, has anybody have an idea of what's wrong?

Last edited:

Hipnetix

Jul 5, 2011
Thanks man!
I finally have a good kernel that doesn't mess anything up and is overclockable (is that a word? :p).

lumar1986

Jun 17, 2010
Zagreb
On MC4 wifi is dropping and going offline when not using for some time, when screen is off. Is it normal or should use another kernel?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

lumar1986

Jun 17, 2010
Zagreb
It is anoying because messages from whatsapp is not comming when on wifi and screen is for some time off. Is there some better kernel without that problems

jaksa35

Jan 12, 2012
Split
It's normal that wifi goes offline.

Last edited:

saadislam

May 28, 2010
Riyadh
I am not sure about stock but in cm there is an option to change wifi sleep policy... go to settings>wireless and networks>wifi.. press menu to select advanced settings

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm using nFinity MC4 from this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=995301

And SetCPU App, to set the clock speeds. By now it is best to my stock rom

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

Works on sense ROM and no bad issues by now ;)