[Help?]Verizon S5 - Can't Receive or Make calls.

Search This thread

raziel36

Jan 22, 2009
I'm having a constant problem with my phone. It seems like any time I leave the house and return, I'm unable to make or receive calls, until I reboot or switch airplane mode on/off. I still receive and send text/mms just fine, it's only calls. Anyone experience anything similar or have any ideas what may be going on? I have a constant 3-4 bar LTE signal.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

IV97

Jul 26, 2013
Pomona, Ca
Same problem :(

I am also experiencing this problem. I can send texts and otherwise use data to connect to websites and such, but cannot make or receive calls. When someone calls me, it goes straight to voicemail. When I make a call it does not even start ringing, or beep at the start of a call to indicate the connection.

IV97

Jul 26, 2013
Pomona, Ca
Nothing Worked

If anyone else is facing this problem, I would like to say that all Verizon could do was send me a refurbished phone. Even after a factory reset and resetting the network (on their end) worked. I hope this problem doesn't affect too many people.:(

gwaldron

Aug 18, 2014
Same issue - S5 will not make/recv calls

I'm having a constant problem with my phone. It seems like any time I leave the house and return, I'm unable to make or receive calls, until I reboot or switch airplane mode on/off. I still receive and send text/mms just fine, it's only calls. Anyone experience anything similar or have any ideas what may be going on? I have a constant 3-4 bar LTE signal.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

I'm now having this problem with my 2-week-old S5. Has anyone found a resolution?

DarkMidnight

Sep 21, 2010
Pittsburgh
I'm now having this problem with my 2-week-old S5. Has anyone found a resolution?

I had an issue with my S5 connecting to 4GLTE (Because of something stupid I did playing around). Chat give Verizon a ring (or chat with them on their website) and they will have you do the following:

1. Turn off WiFi.
2. Power down your phone
3. They will resync the signal (and do other secret things)
4. Power up your phone.
5. Your phone will reconnect to 4GLTE, the radio will then recycle, then connect back.

I've had zero issues since I did this a few days ago. Wouldn't hurt to try. Have your IMEI number ready for them incase they need it.

gwaldron

Aug 18, 2014
Solution, sort of

I had an issue with my S5 connecting to 4GLTE (Because of something stupid I did playing around). Chat give Verizon a ring (or chat with them on their website) and they will have you do the following:

1. Turn off WiFi.
2. Power down your phone
3. They will resync the signal (and do other secret things)
4. Power up your phone.
5. Your phone will reconnect to 4GLTE, the radio will then recycle, then connect back.

I've had zero issues since I did this a few days ago. Wouldn't hurt to try. Have your IMEI number ready for them incase they need it.

Didn't work for me unfortunately. I ended up going back to Costco and swapping it out for a new one. Back in business....for now. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2015
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5, 4G LTE, Verizon it can make calls and send text fine the problem is that it cannot receive calls and text. Grateful your assistance in resolving this issue.