[Q] Home button in SView on 4.4.2

Search This thread

Silberpfeil3110

Dec 23, 2007
Vienna
Hello,
I already started to solve my problem in the SView-Mod-Thread, but before I spam it with too much off-topic, I created a thread in the right place.

The problem ist self-explaining, since the update to KitKat and UENB ROM, SView is working properly for the genuine SView-Cover. I am using the Spigen S View Cover and this cover has a home button, in detail it has a lay-in in the front cover to push the home button of the phone. On 4.3 it was possible to wake up the device with the home button, also it was possible to activate the torch by pushing the VolUp button. On 4.4 it is neither possible to wake up the device with the homebutton nor activate the torch.

It seems that some users have the possibility to use the buttons, but no one can explain what they did or what the reason is. So anyone, who could give some advice, how it is possible to reactivate the buttons in closed mode?

THanks in advance.

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Hello,
I already started to solve my problem in the SView-Mod-Thread, but before I spam it with too much off-topic, I created a thread in the right place.

The problem ist self-explaining, since the update to KitKat and UENB ROM, SView is working properly for the genuine SView-Cover. I am using the Spigen S View Cover and this cover has a home button, in detail it has a lay-in in the front cover to push the home button of the phone. On 4.3 it was possible to wake up the device with the home button, also it was possible to activate the torch by pushing the VolUp button. On 4.4 it is neither possible to wake up the device with the homebutton nor activate the torch.

It seems that some users have the possibility to use the buttons, but no one can explain what they did or what the reason is. So anyone, who could give some advice, how it is possible to reactivate the buttons in closed mode?

THanks in advance.

Xposed framework... Allows the use of torch using volume buttons when screen is off.
Not sure if the "home button" is supported by the sview case mod....

Silberpfeil3110

Dec 23, 2007
Vienna
Xposed framework... Allows the use of torch using volume buttons when screen is off.
Not sure if the "home button" is supported by the sview case mod....

My ROM supports the genuine Samsung torch, that is enabled with VolUp, no Mod needed. This Mod doesn't change the behavior of the buttons at all, so there must be another way. And I am looking around for it since a while now, because it annoys me to not be able to use the full functionality of my cover.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

eldering

Feb 5, 2009
Same problem here. Also Galaxy S4 (not SII as my sig says..) with Spigen Armor View in combination with 4.4.2. Anybody got a olution yet?

Last edited:

Silberpfeil3110

Dec 23, 2007
Vienna
It's a pity that Samsung always changes the running system. Maybe some users complained about false wakeups because of pushing the button through the cover. Samsung neverminds about third party accessoires.

We have to encounter, where the hardware button lock is triggered or maybe port the old SView apk to KK. But just too little knowledge about that on my side.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

malaeus

Mar 27, 2009
having the same issue. it drives me insane so much so that im debating rolling back to 4.2

maverick1103

Jun 16, 2011
Kidderminster
This was one thing I noticed straight after I upgraded to KitKat, I have the official s view cover and I used the home button all the time to wake my phone up as it's just easier and I could do it with one hand. Now since Its been disabled I have use lock button which is just a pain in the arse! Also when on a phone call with s view cover closed I have to press the luck button, not big issues but I hate it when things get changed for no reason!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

bretto99

Apr 18, 2014
Let's all pray to the Android gods for a fix.

Dear Android Gods, please fix this one for me:angel:

Gachmuret

Jul 19, 2009
+1 here... Any news for the topoc? Any xposed module, hack, alternatives?

Thx for any advice as missing this function really made 4.4 unusable for me... Would like to downgrade to 4.3 but no way... :(

boostin91tsi

Jun 6, 2010
Hey all. I have enabled: both s-view xposed modules available and disabled the xuimod module. When I disabled that, my home button worked. Let me know if that works for you.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

badmadbug

Mar 23, 2010
Hey all. I have enabled: both s-view xposed modules available and disabled the xuimod module. When I disabled that, my home button worked. Let me know if that works for you.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yes, more detail please. I've tried both sview modules in xposed framework and home button still dead with closed spigen slim armor cover.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know its a dead post and I haven't actually fixed any problem but you can use the home button on the s view cover (im using spigen) to at least answer phone calls, which isn't much but at least the button isn't completely useless. I was stuck choosing between 4.3 to use the home button to light up the s view display or to keep 4.4 and go without(like so many of us out there), once I found out I could do this I was just happy I could use the button for something in kitkat. Anyways you just go into Accessibility settings and turn on use home button to answer phone. At least its something.....