Camera failed not only on Verizon. Mine just died.

Search This thread

jarablue

Oct 11, 2012
Well yesterday I tried opening my camera app and the phone hung. Then when I killed all the apps I tried opening it again, it said camera failed. I tried resetting the phone and even took it into the Sprint store. The guys at the store said I was the first one that they heard having this problem on Sprint. They replaced the phone there on the spot since I was in the 14 day window. I bought the S5 on release day on the 18th.

Hope this new phone works out. But if this is happening across carriers well...:(

Anyways the new phone is working ok. See how it is in a week with taking some pics.

GorillaPimp

Jul 18, 2008
Just happened to me on a 3 day old phone. A restart and it's gone. Uninstalled Google Camera which is the only third party cam app I've used. Any more issues and I'm returning the phone and possibly closing this new account. I have horrible service and they're playing stupid games with my account.

jarablue

Oct 11, 2012
Just happened to me on a 3 day old phone. A restart and it's gone. Uninstalled Google Camera which is the only third party cam app I've used. Any more issues and I'm returning the phone and possibly closing this new account. I have horrible service and they're playing stupid games with my account.

Yeah I am on the fence now. I really don't know what to do. If the camera dies again outside the 14 days, I have to wait for the device to get replaced.

:(

Last edited:

gtuansdiamm

Nov 15, 2010
New York
Verizon and samsung admitted the problem exists and fix for free.
Maybe if sprint s5's fail like crazy too itll apply to use also

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

GorillaPimp

Jul 18, 2008
Verizon and samsung admitted the problem exists and fix for free.
Maybe if sprint s5's fail like crazy too itll apply to use also

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I think the Samsung statement applies to all S5 users. I'm not sure if you can get a replacement if it's only intermittent but I hear Sprint will replace units on the spot for the issue. I'm going to a corp store later, I'll ask about what they'll do if it keeps happening to me.