[ROM] 03/Mar r26 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen (2.3.3/GRI54)

Search This thread

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
n1r251.png
n1r252.png

n1r253.png
n1r254.png

NOTE:

You MUST WIPE YOUR DEVICE before flashing this ROM. This is due to the resigning of key components with the AOSP platform key, to facilitate skinning / customising etc.

Features at this time:
  • Based on the GRI54 (2.3.3) release (crespo merge)
  • Packaged for ClockworkMod
  • Rebuilt using the MoDaCo MCR optimisation scripts
  • MoDaCo Custom Kernel r3 (based on excellent work by Kali / Defer)
  • Full up to date Google experience + additional apps (including new look Market)
  • HSPA icon differentiation ('H' icon when transferring data via HSPA)
  • Insecure boot image
  • su / Superuser.apk root
  • Support for running scripts from /etc/init.d at startup
  • Terminfo support (for nano etc)
  • Busybox 1.18.1
  • Semi-transparent notification pull-down
  • STK from Gingerbread AOSP
  • Optional 'Spare Parts' app
  • Optional radio updates (latest update recommended!)
  • Removed Browser zoom buttons
  • framework-res and core libraries / apks are signed with the 'platform' certificate from AOSP, aiding those who wish to edit the framework-res / SystemUI.apk to theme. Simply extract, edit, resign with the platform certificate and push the file. Tidy.
  • Optional 'allow SIP over non-WiFi connections' in the kitchen
  • Reboot app and reboot option on power menu
  • Pre-patched for lilHermit's Trackball Alert application
  • Added 'Microbes' wallpaper
  • A bunch of other stuff that i've forgotten
Installation is recommended via ClockworkMod recovery. ENSURE YOU HAVE A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING!

Downloads

This ROM is now available in the online kitchen! In addition to the kitchen, a prebaked download is available.

DOWNLOAD

Future Updates - READ THIS!

By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).

And finally

Details on how to donate should you wish to do so are in download topic at MoDaCo.

P

Last edited:

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
Changelog

03/Mar
  • Added Custom Kernel
  • Work to add Desire support
  • Added Microbes wallpaper
  • Updated radio images
  • Other minor optimisations
02/Mar
  • Completely rebuilt and updated to Gingerbread 2.3.3 (GRI54)
23/Nov
  • Initial Release

Last edited:

chobie

Mar 16, 2010
Wohoo! Downloading! :D (oops. still uploading)

Still hoping for trackballwake though :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Jrbourque

Jan 22, 2009
as soon as someone makes blackbar white text for this, i will flash this.....I cant go back to vanilla status bar lol

Jrbourque

Jan 22, 2009
No there is nothing that says anything about black status bar...just that its theme-able, which in that case we would have to wait for someone to theme it...like originally said

mam4983

Sep 11, 2008
Looks as if you have to be lazy and shell out money for his kitchen on his site as far as I can see... :(

What does being lazy have to do with it? What is the issue with Paul getting a little payback for providing you all with custom ROM after custom ROM...especially considering the ungrateful, hateful attitude that it seems more and more people here are adopting.

datboycuong

Jun 16, 2009
Yeah, atleast let the Rom upload first before everyone goes on spewing about how the world is coming to an end now because they can't find the link and the assumption is it's something you have to pay for.

OBSERVATION SKILL, if it say 'UPLOADING' pretty sure it means it's not ready for download yet but then again I could be wrong in the sense that UPLOADING now means, please pay me.

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
Prebakes now online.

It takes a short while to upload and mirror 4 different versions of the ROM. I think I made it pretty clear they were on the way though what with having written UPLOADING in upper case 4 times.

;)

Be cool.

P