[App] Acer Liquid Stream "Home Launcher"

Search This thread

aalopez10

Sep 21, 2009
Acer-Liquid-Stream-pictures-1.jpg

This is the original Home Launcher that comes from the new "Acer Liquid Stream" phone (shown above), launcher works good and its pretty quick, its looks and feels very different from other launcher. works for my evo, so not sure it works for other devices.
NO ROOT REQUIRED TO MAKE IT WORK JUST DOWNLOAD THE APK BELOW.

THINGS THAT WORK
If you can see this launcher it wayyyy different from other launchers out there, the whole UI of the launcher changes.

how the homescreen looks like
acer4.png

*theres a mini menu in the bottom of the screen that allows you to have application that you want as your favorites from the menu, this mini menu shows in any of the home screen you go to which is nice*

App drawer menu
acer3.png

*app drawer is different, you have to go left and right in the bottom to keep seeing all of your application.

*you can drag icons to the top of the menu, so does apps will show on your home screen, and you can also arrange your application menu anywhere you want by just holding the icon and dragging it anywhere in your menu you want,

*You can make shortcuts and folders inside the menu drawer by LONG PRESS the screen area or empty area and a option of "ADD" will show with either to do a "SHORTCUT OR FOLDERS", which is a nice feature.

Your History (application) Screen (When you slide left from your homescreen)

clearhistory.png

*when you open an application on your phone and go back home to your homescreen, if you slide your screen to your left your going to see this screen, which shows all the application open on your phone, ( it has a palm pre feel and look to it ), which you can open it again or close it one by one by holding the icon and dragging to the left top corner of the screen, (just like how you kill a widget on homescreen but just a little different), and if you want to clear all application just click the "Clear history button" to kill all application that are open,
this screens is like your TASK KILLER basically.

photo / Music / Video Screen ( When you slide right from your homescreen )

musicscreeen.png

*so, when you slide to your right of the homescreen you will see this screen, which lets you control and see you photos , music and videos on 3D gallery type, which is a nice feel.

this is how it will look like when you put the screens together

acerrrrrfullllscreeen.png

Left screen (Clear History), Middle screen (Homescreen) Right Screen (Music/ photo / Video)

Some Goodies:

-Nemo Player works nicely with this home launcher
acerplayer1.png

(Download apk is down below)

ALL THE APKS (seems some things work and others just force closes to much, widgets download but wont work right)
http://www.4shared.com/file/lCyzjwWC/APKS_-_Acer_Liquid_Stream.html

SYSTEM DUMP
http://www.4shared.com/file/ViWfTF71/System_Dump-Acer_Liquid_Stream.html

ALT LINK ( if 4shared dont work )
http://www.mediafire.com/?s408h43s479e93h

THINGS THAT DONT WORK

-THE STATUS BAR SEEMS NOT TO SHOW ON THE HOMESCREEN, NOT SURE WHY BUT IT MIGHT NEED SOME FRAMEWORK OR SOMETHING ELSE TO MAKE IT WORK,

-ANY OF YOUR WIDGETS WONT SHOW OR ARE ABLE TO BE USED. (not sure if theres a way to fix it or make it work)

-FOR THE SETTINGS AND WALLPAPERS TO WORK YOU HAVE TWO WAYS OF MAKING IT WORK
1) you have to push system/media/wallpaper and system/media/AcerDatabases into the system media folder.
which you can download it here both files http://www.4shared.com/file/X_tZG5Ms/Acer_Database_and_Wallpapers.html

2) you can manually download the original wallpapers from this phone from here,
http://www.4shared.com/file/n60YiYMC/Acer_Liquid_Stream_Wallpapers.html
and after you download the wallpapers you have to open it and drag it & save it to your SD Card.
When your done doing that you have to go back to your homescreen and open on your menu and open the "Gallery application" that came with your phone. after you open your "gallery app" go to folder or wallpapers that you saved on your sd card, (which the gallery app will read from your sd card when you open the application) , and open any wallpaper image and when you see the full image , just go to your options and SET IT AS A WALLPAPER, when your phone is done setting the wallpaper just go back to your homescreen and and go back to your application menu and look in your menu for a application call "HOME DECOR" , (this application automatic install when you download the home launcher), open it and it will no longer force close anymore, Now u can even go back to your homescreen and just long press the screen (like you would do to open a widget) and it will no longer force closes, now you can change your wallpapers and settings.
sorry but you have to manually set up each wallpaper from your gallery app, it wont let you do it from the "HOME DECOR" app cuz it wont recognize it, unless you do the FIRST STEP, But this is the only ways i got it to work.

-i think the reason it force closes in the beginning is because the phone or launcher doesnt recognize the wallpaper when you first open it,

ANYONE FEEL FREE TO PLAY WITH IT & USE IT

hopefully someone (DEVELOPER) could get it to work perfectly and edit it and share it with us.
Specially getting the status bar to work,
THIS WOULD GIVE US ANOTHER LAUNCHER TO CHOOSE FROM :)

* iT WORKS BETTER WHEN YOU USE IT WITH NEMO PLAYER*
**GIVE IT A TRY AND ENJOY , TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK AND WHAT PHONE WORKS OR NOT**

Attachments

• AcerLauncher.apk.apk
    1.1 MB · Views: 20,495
  • NemoPlayer.apk.apk
    5.3 MB · Views: 10,196
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kandiyal

realcos

Mar 19, 2010
no status bar shown

this launcher has the same problem for the former acer launcher.
No status bar shown

tazhate

Jun 4, 2010
Saint-Petersburg
nice. already test it on my htc desire with latest defrost rom.

but crashing when trying to setup desktop.

but really nice work ) thnx

also i can see status bar on desktop

B1nny

XDA Portal Team / Retired Forum Moderator
May 18, 2008
it works on my hero, but the resolution is messedup :(
also tried running on 120 DPI on my hero, still no succes

if anyone could port this GREAT launcher to the hero/low res devices, PLEASE :D

i've seen no fc's so far

jcatt

Apr 29, 2007
Looks cool, but unfortunately it force closes instantly on my Droid 2 running 2.2 stock... Keep up the good work, would love to use it when it becomes more stable.

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA
What fixed the wallpaper force close for me was swiping my home screen from right to left and tapping on a folder where I had a picture I wanted to set as my wallpaper. After doing menu > set as > wallpaper it goes back to the home screen. You should than be able to press and hold on the home screen without a force close.

Also, this was on an EVO and I installed both files in the OP. Nice home screen app! Thanks again!

Edit: also, the wallpapers the app came with don't work, but you can set live wallpapers and pictures you have stored on your SD card.

Last edited:

kemimarie

Jan 18, 2010
Someone should work on this for MYTOUCH SLIDE..
I tested it and it works and opens it just FC with a long press and it needs to be formated to fix the screen!
i love it!

sylau90

Feb 7, 2010
everything works like charm in HTC HD2 android...good job man...+1...force close when try to change the home setting...

somberi

Jun 20, 2010
Cardiff
FC on wallpaper change is the only problem as reported by everyone. Otherwise works like a charm on Galaxy S i9000.

Thanks aalopez10.

earl26

Mar 6, 2010
ugh I beg anyone to fix this. I would love this on my DROID but it simply doesnt open. I think its a great UI and people dont give it a chance.

djyosnow

Feb 21, 2006
Love ~ Hate

I dis like the fact the apps are chilling on the home screen. When I can push the menu key on my Incredible to show the apps with favorites. I do love the fact that this is one of the rare apps that actually has a wall paper that fits one screen, to size. It's always been odd to me how android wall paper most commonly stretch through the screens. Its nostalgic how this home screen uses the picture to fit one screen for all!

P.S. Not sure if any cares but I found a nice app (live wallpaper) called: MultiPicture!!!! It was just what I was looking for and more!

Last edited:

titus1

Feb 14, 2010
Here's my take...NOT GOOD
No TaskBar
No Notification of sort when you receive a message (just the sound)
No LED Notification

I'm on OpenDesire Rom, there's a FC on tapping/holding the screen. But when I move the apps on internal memory NO FORCE CLOSE at all. It's just that you can't assign the wallpapers that comes with the Launcher.

Ignore the Launcher and get the NemoPlayer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Acer-Liquid-Stream-pictures-1.jpg

This is the original Home Launcher that comes from the new "Acer Liquid Stream" phone (shown above), launcher works good and its pretty quick, its looks and feels very different from other launcher. works for my evo, so not sure it works for other devices.
    NO ROOT REQUIRED TO MAKE IT WORK JUST DOWNLOAD THE APK BELOW.

THINGS THAT WORK
    If you can see this launcher it wayyyy different from other launchers out there, the whole UI of the launcher changes.

how the homescreen looks like
    acer4.png

*theres a mini menu in the bottom of the screen that allows you to have application that you want as your favorites from the menu, this mini menu shows in any of the home screen you go to which is nice*

App drawer menu
    acer3.png

*app drawer is different, you have to go left and right in the bottom to keep seeing all of your application.

*you can drag icons to the top of the menu, so does apps will show on your home screen, and you can also arrange your application menu anywhere you want by just holding the icon and dragging it anywhere in your menu you want,

*You can make shortcuts and folders inside the menu drawer by LONG PRESS the screen area or empty area and a option of "ADD" will show with either to do a "SHORTCUT OR FOLDERS", which is a nice feature.

Your History (application) Screen (When you slide left from your homescreen)

clearhistory.png

*when you open an application on your phone and go back home to your homescreen, if you slide your screen to your left your going to see this screen, which shows all the application open on your phone, ( it has a palm pre feel and look to it ), which you can open it again or close it one by one by holding the icon and dragging to the left top corner of the screen, (just like how you kill a widget on homescreen but just a little different), and if you want to clear all application just click the "Clear history button" to kill all application that are open,
    this screens is like your TASK KILLER basically.

photo / Music / Video Screen ( When you slide right from your homescreen )

musicscreeen.png

*so, when you slide to your right of the homescreen you will see this screen, which lets you control and see you photos , music and videos on 3D gallery type, which is a nice feel.

this is how it will look like when you put the screens together

acerrrrrfullllscreeen.png

Left screen (Clear History), Middle screen (Homescreen) Right Screen (Music/ photo / Video)

Some Goodies:

-Nemo Player works nicely with this home launcher
    acerplayer1.png

(Download apk is down below)

ALL THE APKS (seems some things work and others just force closes to much, widgets download but wont work right)
    http://www.4shared.com/file/lCyzjwWC/APKS_-_Acer_Liquid_Stream.html

SYSTEM DUMP
    http://www.4shared.com/file/ViWfTF71/System_Dump-Acer_Liquid_Stream.html

ALT LINK ( if 4shared dont work )
    http://www.mediafire.com/?s408h43s479e93h

THINGS THAT DONT WORK

-THE STATUS BAR SEEMS NOT TO SHOW ON THE HOMESCREEN, NOT SURE WHY BUT IT MIGHT NEED SOME FRAMEWORK OR SOMETHING ELSE TO MAKE IT WORK,

-ANY OF YOUR WIDGETS WONT SHOW OR ARE ABLE TO BE USED. (not sure if theres a way to fix it or make it work)

-FOR THE SETTINGS AND WALLPAPERS TO WORK YOU HAVE TWO WAYS OF MAKING IT WORK
    1) you have to push system/media/wallpaper and system/media/AcerDatabases into the system media folder.
    which you can download it here both files http://www.4shared.com/file/X_tZG5Ms/Acer_Database_and_Wallpapers.html

2) you can manually download the original wallpapers from this phone from here,
    http://www.4shared.com/file/n60YiYMC/Acer_Liquid_Stream_Wallpapers.html
    and after you download the wallpapers you have to open it and drag it & save it to your SD Card.
    When your done doing that you have to go back to your homescreen and open on your menu and open the "Gallery application" that came with your phone. after you open your "gallery app" go to folder or wallpapers that you saved on your sd card, (which the gallery app will read from your sd card when you open the application) , and open any wallpaper image and when you see the full image , just go to your options and SET IT AS A WALLPAPER, when your phone is done setting the wallpaper just go back to your homescreen and and go back to your application menu and look in your menu for a application call "HOME DECOR" , (this application automatic install when you download the home launcher), open it and it will no longer force close anymore, Now u can even go back to your homescreen and just long press the screen (like you would do to open a widget) and it will no longer force closes, now you can change your wallpapers and settings.
    sorry but you have to manually set up each wallpaper from your gallery app, it wont let you do it from the "HOME DECOR" app cuz it wont recognize it, unless you do the FIRST STEP, But this is the only ways i got it to work.

-i think the reason it force closes in the beginning is because the phone or launcher doesnt recognize the wallpaper when you first open it,

ANYONE FEEL FREE TO PLAY WITH IT & USE IT

hopefully someone (DEVELOPER) could get it to work perfectly and edit it and share it with us.
    Specially getting the status bar to work,
    THIS WOULD GIVE US ANOTHER LAUNCHER TO CHOOSE FROM :)

* iT WORKS BETTER WHEN YOU USE IT WITH NEMO PLAYER*
    **GIVE IT A TRY AND ENJOY , TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK AND WHAT PHONE WORKS OR NOT**