Kali NetHunter for the Galaxy S5 (3.1.0)

Search This thread

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com

Welcome to the thread on Kali NetHunter for the Samsung Galaxy S5.

If you don't know what Kali NetHunter is, well, it's the entire Kali Linux operating system in a chroot on your phone, plus a bunch of awesome apps for executing exploits, fixing things, doing cool things. It goes on, I suppose.
I'm gonna be honest guys, I'm not a security person. When it comes to security, I'm more of a Paul Blart.
What I do know though, is that there is apt-get, and apt-get is life.

Find much more information here: https://github.com/offensive-security/kali-nethunter/wiki
The answer to all your questions, generally the answer is YES, IT CAN DO THAT.

The installer zip will add a few files (including busybox) to your /system partition, and install all of the NetHunter apps to your /data partition.
The chroot is located in /data/local, so you don't have to worry about your system partition being full. It's full read/write capable.
Understand that the zip will replace your current kernel with a completely different one.
This is necessary because most stock or custom kernels don't provide the drivers needed to operate most of Kali NetHunter's features.

These Kali NetHunter builds are designed and tested for TouchWiz 5.1, 6.0 & CyanogenMod 13.0.

DOWNLOAD

Current version: 3.1.0 (release, 2016-04-29)

Please be careful to download the right version for your device variant and ROM.

CyanogenMod 12.1 or any Android 5.x based AOSP ROM: lollipop
CyanogenMod 13.0 or any Android 6.x based AOSP ROM: marshmallow
TouchWiz 5.1: touchwiz-lollipop
TouchWiz 6.0: touchwiz-marshmallow

Download here: https://idlekernel.com/nethunter/nightly
Your device is: klte

Recommended install method: Use TWRP 3 for klte
Install kernel-nethunter-klte and nethunter-generic-armhf-kalifs-full-rolling zips in any order.

Kernel only installers are in the kernel-only directory inside each build directory. It might be a better idea to try and install that first and see if you can boot before flashing the entire NetHunter.
You can actually only install the kernel if you want to take advantage of its features without having to install the rest of NetHunter!

BEFORE INSTALLING

Do not flash the NetHunter update zip with a fresh data partition!
Most ROMs will wipe it clean on the first boot if you haven't completed the Android Setup Wizard yet, there's no need to wipe your ROM or data to try it out. I do advise backing up your data partition before flashing the zip though.
(this should no longer be possible now with added installation checks)

Please make sure your phone boots fine and runs fine before flashing NetHunter. It's confusing when people report bugs that exist in CyanogenMod by itself.

The Kali chroot and apps are installed on your data partition (in /data/local for chroot). To initialize the chroot and install Kali Linux, you need to start the Kali NetHunter app.

The NetHunter installer will automatically install SuperSU in system mode, which I consider to be more stable. Since NetHunter already modifies your system partition, there is no need to use systemless SuperSU anyways.

FULL INSTALL STEPS

1. Boot into TWRP
  2. Flash kernel-nethunter-klte and nethunter-generic-armhf-kalifs-full-rolling zips in any order.
  3. Reboot into device
  4. Open the NetHunter app
  5. Let the NetHunter app finish setting everything up
  6. You're done!
UPDATING TO A NEWER BUILD

Going from 3.0.0 and up, all you have to do is flash the new build in recovery. On some ROMs you may need to wipe dalvik cache.

UPDATING YOUR ROM

To get all your NetHunter and SuperSU functions back after flashing a new ROM, just flash the new ~60 MB update-nethunter-klte zip in TWRP.

RUNNING WIFI PENETRATION TESTS

The internal WiFi chipset of the Galaxy S5 is not capable of running services which use monitor mode such as Wifite. For this, you will need to use a monitor mode capable WiFi adapter through a microUSB OTG adapter.
As for compatible adapters, I highly recommend the Alfa Networks AWUS036NEH (eBay) which uses the Ralink RT3070 chipset. There are currently no monitor mode supported Wireless-AC adapters available.

Once plugged in, you can run the command from Kali terminal to turn on your adapter:

root@kali:~# ip link set wlan1 up

RAN INTO AN ISSUE OR BUG?

In order for me to help you, you have to at minimum reply with:
  • The link to the exact zip you downloaded
  • Your device model (it better be klte)
  • The name of the ROM you're flashing it on
  • The version and build date of the ROM you're flashing it on
  • A complete description of your problem
  • Optional: An audio recording of you reading this entire post
If your issue is with a specific app, it might be better to contact the developer of that app.

If your issue is during the installation (ex. flashing the NetHunter zip), then please collect a TWRP recovery.log for me.

If you found a problem and were able to fix it, and no one's mentioned it in the thread already, it would be kind to state the issue and your fix for others to make use of as well.

You can join me and the other NetHunter developers on IRC at the #nethunter room on freenode to more handily diagnose problems together.
I apologize, but I can't do house calls at this time.

KNOWN ISSUES

• USB Keyboard & VNC - Google Keyboard, AOSP Keyboard, CM Keyboard do not work due to a depth bug, use Hacker's Keyboard as a workaround.
  • Terminal App - Full screen programs like nano or vi are unusable unless you use the resize command. (always type resize when opening a new terminal window)

THE KERNEL

The NetHunter kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S5 is based on nVidia's rel-24-sb-r1-1 kernel sources.
It has the following changes:
  • F2FS added using Jaeguek Kim's latest kernel.org:f2fs-stable sources (available on system/data/cache!)
  • UKSM - Ultra Kernel Same-page Merging support
  • Cortex-A15 & Neon-VFPv4 + -O2 compiler optimizations
  • NEON-asm kernel & sha/aes support
  • Compiled with Linaro's branch of GCC 4.9.4
  • Updated and enabled USB (OTG) Atheros, Ralink, and Realtek WiFi drivers
  • Simple IO (SIO) scheduler as default IO scheduler (updated for modern kernels)
  • USB HID Gadget keyboard support
  • mac80211 packet injection support
  • TCP congestion control updates and fixes
  • Westwood or Cubic (default)
  • DriveDroid compatibility
  • Some small security fixes (pipe, keyring, etc)
  • Additional drivers built in for the full Kali NetHunter experience

SCREENSHOTS
1.png
2.png

4.png
3.png

DEVELOPMENT

For the kernel included in NetHunter for the Samsung Galaxy S5, you can find the sources here: https://github.com/jcadduono/nethunter_kernel_klte

See the Kali NetHunter installer source here: https://github.com/offensive-security/kali-nethunter
See the Kali NetHunter app source here: https://github.com/offensive-security/nethunter-app

DISCLAIMER

I am not affiliated with Offensive Security. They seem like cool guys though.
I'm not even a novice when it comes to security and penetration. I'm just a simple system administrator with a passion for breaking Android.
Please restrain yourselves from asking me security related questions.

NOT SO MUCH AS SEEN ON MR. ROBOT, BUT PROBABLY EVEN BETTER

8KnPs5I.jpg

XDA:DevDB Information
Kali NetHunter for the Galaxy S5, Device Specific App for the Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
jcadduono, The Kali NetHunter team
Source Code: https://github.com/jcadduono/kali-nethunter

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.1.0
Stable Release Date: 2016-04-29

Created 2016-01-22
Last Updated 2016-04-29

The~Skater~187

Nov 4, 2011
Niantic
Nexus 7
Nexus 7 (2013)
Just want to be the first to say thank you for this. I have nethunter on my grouper and love it. Now I can have it on my S5.
Quick question before I start, I'm currently running VRToxin 6.0.1 with a modified version of their kernel. What is the best method if installing this?

Shot from my Fusion-KToonsz-Powered SMG-900P

Reactions: tomaasz

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com
Hey guys, had a mod close the previous thread so I could add it to DevDB and clean up the posts from when the kernel was broken.

Just want to be the first to say thank you for this. I have nethunter on my grouper and love it. Now I can have it on my S5.
Quick question before I start, I'm currently running VRToxin 6.0.1 with a modified version of their kernel. What is the best method if installing this?

Okay, in that case (assuming you want to keep that kernel), then you just need to:
  1. Do a full unroot of SuperSu or whatever root method you are currently using
  2. Install any generic-armhf package from the NetHunter nightly downloads
  3. Wipe dalvik-cache
  4. Boot up
This will modify and install everything except your kernel zImage.
You will not be able to use OTG WiFi, Wifite, HID keyboard attacks unless your current kernel supported them. It will pretty much just be a chroot.
Alternatively, you can:
  2. Install the kltespr-marshmallow package which is for AOSP based Marshmallow from the NetHunter nightly downloads
  3. Wipe dalvik-cache
  4. Boot up
This will also replace your kernel zImage, you will have full NetHunter features - but you will lose additional features of your current kernel.

@crazyraiga: your logs show that system is mounted read-only, everything will fail in such a case. I'll add a check to the installer and refuse install in that case!
Update: 20160122-1305 build now checks if it can write to /system and /data before running the installer.

Last edited:

vykintazo

Apr 23, 2014
Vilnius
OK. First I've installed kernel-only and everything was fine. Then I installed update zip for TouchWiz and stuck on boot animation. Then I reflashed my ROM and found all NetHunter apps installed already. So I flashed kernel-only again and now when trying to install chroot geting following:
Code:
CreateChroot >> Error:
java.lang.RuntimeException
java.lang.RuntimeException
Is it possible to fix?
My device: klte
ROM: Revolution S5 v5.3

UPDATE
I've just flashed full chroot zip and everything seems OK. But kali mode in terminal not working: terminal just makes toast '1)No title' and crashes.

Last edited:
Reactions: WikoUser59

The~Skater~187

Nov 4, 2011
Niantic
Nexus 7
Nexus 7 (2013)
Hey guys, had a mod close the previous thread so I could add it to DevDB and clean up the posts from when the kernel was broken.

Okay, in that case (assuming you want to keep that kernel), then you just need to:
  3. Wipe dalvik-cache
  4. Boot up
You will not be able to use OTG WiFi, Wifite, HID keyboard attacks unless your current kernel supported them. It will pretty much just be a chroot.
Alternatively, you can:
  2. Install the kltespr-marshmallow package which is for AOSP based Marshmallow from the NetHunter nightly downloads
  3. Wipe dalvik-cache
  4. Boot up
This will also replace your kernel zImage, you will have full NetHunter features - but you will lose additional features of your current kernel.

@crazyraiga: your logs show that system is mounted read-only, everything will fail in such a case. I'll add a check to the installer and refuse install in that case!
Update: 20160122-1305 build now checks if it can write to /system and /data before running the installer.
So I don't need the kltespr-marshmallow-update.zip?

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com
So I don't need the kltespr-marshmallow-update.zip?

If you don't want USB OTG WiFi or HID keyboard gadget support or want to keep your current kernel, then no you don't need that.
Generic-armhf installer will work on ANY armv7 device, not just S5. I put a lot of work into all this. :p

crazyraiga

Jun 24, 2013
i tried it earlier and it works on cm13 no dualbooting. too bad i dont have external wifi adpter. gonna buy soon. i first installed kernel, then update marsmallow, then chroot full. have not gone through all of the apps.

one thing though i cant screenshot thru home and power buttons. i dont know if cm13 related or kali.

Hayatzada

Jul 26, 2013
Lahore
Screenshot_20160125-011012.jpg
It should work on any ROM that is AOSP / Slim / CyanogenMod based. Basically as long as it isn't TouchWiz it *should* work. I don't know what bless rom is.

thanks for your reply, spell mistake Bliss Rom 6.0 most customize-able rom ever , installed your build on it but some issues.
i already installed kali nethunter on my nexus 5 and was running it fine also cracked a wifi password successfully (WITH TP-LINK TL-WN722N)
but now on Galaxy S5 G900T in Bliss Rom 6.x installed your build with kernel you mentioned in your OP but can't open Nethunter Terminal (terminal Emulator is running fine) also tried to start/launch Wifite in custom commands but a tiny Terminal screen opens and show me " 1) No title. "
Please will you guide me how to run and activate external usb wifi adapter (TP-LINK TL-WN722N).:confused:
Thanks.:good:

Last edited:

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com
thanks for your reply, spell mistake Bliss Rom 6.0, installed your build on it but some issues.
i already installed kali nethunter on my nexus 5 and was running it fine also cracked a wifi password successfully (WITH TP-LINK TL-WN722N)
but now on Galaxy S5 G900T in Bliss Rom 6.x installed your build with kernel you mentioned in your OP but can't open Nethunter Terminal (terminal Emulator is running fine) also tried to start/launch Wifite in custom commands but a tiny Terminal screen opens and show me " 1) No title. "
Please will you guide me how to run and activate external usb wifi adapter (TP-LINK TL-WN722N).:confused:
Thanks.:good:
Did you go into the NetHunter app and download/install your chroot?
You can't do anything without the chroot installed lol.
If NetHunter app has issues downloading chroot, just install this zip which includes it instead:
https://idlekernel.com/nethunter/nightly/3.0.1-20160124-1518/chroot-full/
Keep in mind you need to run the NetHunter app after installing any chroot for it to set up the scripts and run properly.

If chroot is installed properly and terminal is still not opening, can you get me a logcat?

Last edited:

Hayatzada

Jul 26, 2013
Lahore
Did you go into the NetHunter app and download/install your chroot?
You can't do anything without the chroot installed lol.
If NetHunter app has issues downloading chroot, just install this zip which includes it instead:
https://idlekernel.com/nethunter/nightly/3.0.1-20160124-1518/chroot-full/
Keep in mind you need to run the NetHunter app after installing any chroot for it to set up the scripts and run properly.

If chroot is installed properly and terminal is still not opening, can you get me a logcat?

yes i installed chroot. screen attached,
now i uninstalled it and downloading again, already downloaded and installed it see in attachment (https://idlekernel.com/nethunter/nightly/3.0.1-20160124-1518/chroot-full) and let me tell you what happens, by the way will you please tell me how to get logcat?View attachment 3620973

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160125-011012.jpg
    Screenshot_20160125-011012.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 1,552
  • Screenshot_20160125-012706.jpg
    Screenshot_20160125-012706.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 1,539
Last edited:

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com

yes i installed chroot. screen attached,
now i uninstalled it and downloading again, already downloaded and installed it see in attachment (https://idlekernel.com/nethunter/nightly/3.0.1-20160124-1518/chroot-full) and let me tell you what happens, by the way will you please tell me how to get logcat?View attachment 3620973

su
logcat > /sdcard/logcat.log
run thing thats troubling you
ctrl+c @ terminal to stop logging

thats how i usually logcat things, you can do it through adb shell or terminal emulator.

also, what happens when u go into terminal emulator and type:
su -c bootkali

!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your screenshot says rolling chroot!!!!!!!!!!!! that is for testing only and it is currently broken!!
please use the link i provided https://idlekernel.com/nethunter/nightly/3.0.1-20160124-1518/chroot-full/

Hayatzada

Jul 26, 2013
Lahore
su
logcat > /sdcard/logcat.log
run thing thats troubling you
ctrl+c @ terminal to stop logging

thats how i usually logcat things, you can do it through adb shell or terminal emulator.

also, what happens when u go into terminal emulator and type:
su -c bootkali

!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your screenshot says rolling chroot!!!!!!!!!!!! that is for testing only and it is currently broken!!
please use the link i provided https://idlekernel.com/nethunter/nightly/3.0.1-20160124-1518/chroot-full/
i uninstalled/removed and then download again in kali chroot manager, after download and installation it is running fine also nethunter terminal is running fine, wifite is working now. thanks for your kind attention.:highfive:Screenshot_20160125-025557.png

crazyraiga

Jun 24, 2013
UPDATE
I've just flashed full chroot zip and everything seems OK. But kali mode in terminal not working: terminal just makes toast '1)No title' and crashes.

try to install full chroot. then open the nethunter app it will locate and update the chroot. this will fix '1)No title'.

I guess it doesn't work with dual boot patcher. I can't boot on lollipop touchwiz though. I will try it again this weekend if I have enough time.

great man was waiting for this a long time. can i install it on bless rom 6.0?
I think this will work on your rom if your it is cm based or aosp as the what the title says.\

UPDATE:
off topic what external usb wifi adapter can you recommend for nethunter? I want something small enough to be portable.

Last edited:

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com
UPDATE:
off topic what external usb wifi adapter can you recommend for nethunter? I want something small enough to be portable.
TP-Link TL-WN722N is what most people use because it doesn't pull excessive power from OTG.
I think the S5 can probably handle ALFA AWUS036NEH though, which provides the best wireless connectivity / speed of all the supported devices.
If you need 5 GHz band, check out AWUS051NH. About the same range as WN722N, faster, about the same power usage, but not nearly as portable.

Last edited:

optx

Sep 19, 2010
I have a AWUS036H, from first steps with Backtrack, works also fine with the S5. :p

Reactions: djxn40

htc0101

Nov 6, 2008
Windsor
Wow, just came across this thread today. Very happy to see this come to the S5! I bought a nexus 5 for the soul purpose of being able to run nethunter, now I can finally stop carrying my "extra" phone around. Can't wait to try this out with my pineapple.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Welcome to the thread on Kali NetHunter for the Samsung Galaxy S5.

If you don't know what Kali NetHunter is, well, it's the entire Kali Linux operating system in a chroot on your phone, plus a bunch of awesome apps for executing exploits, fixing things, doing cool things. It goes on, I suppose.
    I'm gonna be honest guys, I'm not a security person. When it comes to security, I'm more of a Paul Blart.
    What I do know though, is that there is apt-get, and apt-get is life.

Find much more information here: https://github.com/offensive-security/kali-nethunter/wiki
    The answer to all your questions, generally the answer is YES, IT CAN DO THAT.

The installer zip will add a few files (including busybox) to your /system partition, and install all of the NetHunter apps to your /data partition.
    The chroot is located in /data/local, so you don't have to worry about your system partition being full. It's full read/write capable.
    Understand that the zip will replace your current kernel with a completely different one.
    This is necessary because most stock or custom kernels don't provide the drivers needed to operate most of Kali NetHunter's features.

These Kali NetHunter builds are designed and tested for TouchWiz 5.1, 6.0 & CyanogenMod 13.0.

DOWNLOAD

Current version: 3.1.0 (release, 2016-04-29)

Please be careful to download the right version for your device variant and ROM.

CyanogenMod 12.1 or any Android 5.x based AOSP ROM: lollipop
    CyanogenMod 13.0 or any Android 6.x based AOSP ROM: marshmallow
    TouchWiz 5.1: touchwiz-lollipop
    TouchWiz 6.0: touchwiz-marshmallow

Download here: https://idlekernel.com/nethunter/nightly
    Your device is: klte

Recommended install method: Use TWRP 3 for klte
    Install kernel-nethunter-klte and nethunter-generic-armhf-kalifs-full-rolling zips in any order.

Kernel only installers are in the kernel-only directory inside each build directory. It might be a better idea to try and install that first and see if you can boot before flashing the entire NetHunter.
    You can actually only install the kernel if you want to take advantage of its features without having to install the rest of NetHunter!

BEFORE INSTALLING

Do not flash the NetHunter update zip with a fresh data partition!
    Most ROMs will wipe it clean on the first boot if you haven't completed the Android Setup Wizard yet, there's no need to wipe your ROM or data to try it out. I do advise backing up your data partition before flashing the zip though.
    (this should no longer be possible now with added installation checks)

Please make sure your phone boots fine and runs fine before flashing NetHunter. It's confusing when people report bugs that exist in CyanogenMod by itself.

The Kali chroot and apps are installed on your data partition (in /data/local for chroot). To initialize the chroot and install Kali Linux, you need to start the Kali NetHunter app.

The NetHunter installer will automatically install SuperSU in system mode, which I consider to be more stable. Since NetHunter already modifies your system partition, there is no need to use systemless SuperSU anyways.

FULL INSTALL STEPS

1. Boot into TWRP
    2. Flash kernel-nethunter-klte and nethunter-generic-armhf-kalifs-full-rolling zips in any order.
    3. Reboot into device
    4. Open the NetHunter app
    5. Let the NetHunter app finish setting everything up
    6. You're done!
    UPDATING TO A NEWER BUILD

Going from 3.0.0 and up, all you have to do is flash the new build in recovery. On some ROMs you may need to wipe dalvik cache.

UPDATING YOUR ROM

To get all your NetHunter and SuperSU functions back after flashing a new ROM, just flash the new ~60 MB update-nethunter-klte zip in TWRP.

RUNNING WIFI PENETRATION TESTS

The internal WiFi chipset of the Galaxy S5 is not capable of running services which use monitor mode such as Wifite. For this, you will need to use a monitor mode capable WiFi adapter through a microUSB OTG adapter.
    As for compatible adapters, I highly recommend the Alfa Networks AWUS036NEH (eBay) which uses the Ralink RT3070 chipset. There are currently no monitor mode supported Wireless-AC adapters available.

Once plugged in, you can run the command from Kali terminal to turn on your adapter:

root@kali:~# ip link set wlan1 up

RAN INTO AN ISSUE OR BUG?

In order for me to help you, you have to at minimum reply with:
    • The link to the exact zip you downloaded
    • Your device model (it better be klte)
    • The name of the ROM you're flashing it on
    • The version and build date of the ROM you're flashing it on
    • A complete description of your problem
    • Optional: An audio recording of you reading this entire post
    If your issue is with a specific app, it might be better to contact the developer of that app.

If your issue is during the installation (ex. flashing the NetHunter zip), then please collect a TWRP recovery.log for me.

If you found a problem and were able to fix it, and no one's mentioned it in the thread already, it would be kind to state the issue and your fix for others to make use of as well.

You can join me and the other NetHunter developers on IRC at the #nethunter room on freenode to more handily diagnose problems together.
    I apologize, but I can't do house calls at this time.

KNOWN ISSUES

• USB Keyboard & VNC - Google Keyboard, AOSP Keyboard, CM Keyboard do not work due to a depth bug, use Hacker's Keyboard as a workaround.
    • Terminal App - Full screen programs like nano or vi are unusable unless you use the resize command. (always type resize when opening a new terminal window)

THE KERNEL

The NetHunter kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S5 is based on nVidia's rel-24-sb-r1-1 kernel sources.
    It has the following changes:
    • F2FS added using Jaeguek Kim's latest kernel.org:f2fs-stable sources (available on system/data/cache!)
    • UKSM - Ultra Kernel Same-page Merging support
    • Cortex-A15 & Neon-VFPv4 + -O2 compiler optimizations
    • NEON-asm kernel & sha/aes support
    • Compiled with Linaro's branch of GCC 4.9.4
    • Updated and enabled USB (OTG) Atheros, Ralink, and Realtek WiFi drivers
    • Simple IO (SIO) scheduler as default IO scheduler (updated for modern kernels)
    • USB HID Gadget keyboard support
    • mac80211 packet injection support
    • TCP congestion control updates and fixes
    • Westwood or Cubic (default)
    • DriveDroid compatibility
    • Some small security fixes (pipe, keyring, etc)
    • Additional drivers built in for the full Kali NetHunter experience

SCREENSHOTS
    1.png
    2.png

4.png
    3.png

DEVELOPMENT

For the kernel included in NetHunter for the Samsung Galaxy S5, you can find the sources here: https://github.com/jcadduono/nethunter_kernel_klte

See the Kali NetHunter installer source here: https://github.com/offensive-security/kali-nethunter
    See the Kali NetHunter app source here: https://github.com/offensive-security/nethunter-app

DISCLAIMER

I am not affiliated with Offensive Security. They seem like cool guys though.
    I'm not even a novice when it comes to security and penetration. I'm just a simple system administrator with a passion for breaking Android.
    Please restrain yourselves from asking me security related questions.

NOT SO MUCH AS SEEN ON MR. ROBOT, BUT PROBABLY EVEN BETTER

8KnPs5I.jpg

XDA:DevDB Information
    Kali NetHunter for the Galaxy S5, Device Specific App for the Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
    jcadduono, The Kali NetHunter team
    Source Code: https://github.com/jcadduono/kali-nethunter

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2016-04-29

Created 2016-01-22
    Last Updated 2016-04-29

3. Wipe dalvik-cache
    4. Boot up
    Alternatively, you can:
    3. Wipe dalvik-cache
    4. Boot up

Is it possible to add Faux sound support in kernel.

I'll look at merging it in from idleKernel. I use it myself.

Update: 3.0.4 is up! sdcard mounting should now work for both internal and external sdcard.
    If it doesn't work for external sdcard, do (in Kali):
    Code:
    mkdir -p /external_sd
    chmod 0755 /external_sd
    Then reload the terminal and it should mount.

Also, Kali-rolling is now stable on NetHunter!
    You can install the new rolling chroot with this zip: https://idlekernel.com/nethunter/ni...f-kalifs-full-rolling-3.0.4-20160129-2016.zip
    This should fix quite a few issues people may have been running into... :)
    Warning: Flashing a new chroot will delete your old one!
    UPDATE:
    TP-Link TL-WN722N is what most people use because it doesn't pull excessive power from OTG.
    I think the S5 can probably handle ALFA AWUS036NEH though, which provides the best wireless connectivity / speed of all the supported devices.
    If you need 5 GHz band, check out AWUS051NH. About the same range as WN722N, faster, about the same power usage, but not nearly as portable.
    How to install Nethunter FULL rolling on S5

Same problem! Minimal rolling can be installed but not full rolling... jcadduono, please help! We know you put a lot of work on this. It would be sad to lose your support right now!

Good news Gentlemen! I manage to install the full rolling on my Galaxy S5.
    Here's the trick:
    -First of all, do as jcadduono said in the original post... start with a clean install (and backup everything you need before... you knew that already, right!) So I flashed from TWRP a cyanogenmod 13.0 ROM zip file (KLTE of course, Release 20161013-SNAPSHOT in my case). Run it after your first install just to make sure everything works fine. You really want a stable device at this point.
    -Second, go back to TWRP and flash the latest minimal rolling from jcadduono link. In my case, it was "nethunter-generic-armhf-kalifs-minimal-rolling-3.15.2-20161019-0333.zip". I couldn't flash a full rolling from TWRP like most of you: "unpacking the installer, this may take a while ... Error: unable to extract! The zipmay be corrupt or your device may not have enough RAM to proceed..."
    -After the minimal rolling installed successfuly, I restarted my device once more and saw the new amazing KALI logo on boot. Once in my device my running, I noticed the new apps Nethunter, Nethunter terminal, they all seemed to start normally, nothing crashed.
    -I rebooted once more in recovery mode to TWRP because, you might've notice, you need to flash your Kernel (mine was kernel-nethunter-klte-marshmallow-3.15.2-20161019-0333.zip). Reboot the device again (I know, it's a lot of rebooting but I really wanted to do as much observations as possible in case of bugs starting to show up).

Ok so now I had a stable ROM with Kali minimal roll running. Everything seemed to be running fine... so I made a backup in TWRP as a save point to start from in case everything goes unstable for unknown reasons.

You can now download a "nethunter-generic-armhf-kalifs-full-rolling" zip file from jcadduono's link which is a heavy 900MB or so. Open your zip and extract only "kalifs-armhf-full.tar.xz". Save it to your internal storage (/storage/emulated/0). Rename the file "kalifs-full.tar.xz" as this is the name needed by NetHunter.
    Start Nethunter app and go to Kali Chroot Manager. Hit Remove Chroot. Yes it may looks like throwing it all to trash but it's the way it worked for me. It will then reboot your device.

Your device as finally rebooted, head to Nethunter app and go to Kali Chroot Manager. You can now select to add a Chroot from SDCARD which is the "kalifs-full.tar.xz" file you prepared earlier. Let it install, it took me about 10 minutes.

After that, you can now enjoy your FULL rolling (New custom commands are added and Kali Services can finally be started!)
    Hope it helps someone!