[Tips Tricks Tools] Huawei P9 Lite

Search This thread

Therand

Sep 1, 2016
Hi,

Today I will introduce the changes you can make to your Huawei P9 lite device.
These methods have been tested on my VNS-L31C432 and it's work on B130 update and earlier.
Sorry in advance for my incorrect syntax in inglish, i'am french user ;)

1. Update to latest version
If your device is NOT ROOTED install the OTA update.

Otherwise place a folder named "dload" into you external or internal SD card and put update file (unzipped) on this folder.
Update for VNS-L31C432BXXX to VNS-L31C432B130 dual-sim, european version here >> https://www.hidrive.strato.com/lnk/H2ljl9lt
Turn off your device.
Hold volume up/down and power button for a long time.... Update starts automatically after this.

If your device is bricked, do not format the partition (except dalvik and cache) and go update (this update is a full version, your system will be restored).

2. Unlock Bootloader/install TWRP/Root your device
Follow this steps >> http://xdaforums.com/huawei-p9lite/how-to/guide-unlock-bootloader-twrp-root-t3405701
if you have problems to get the unlocking code, log on Huawei site with your Facebook login, CHOOSE your device model and click request the code, enter the requested information, done!

TWRP 3.0.2.0 work but nandroid backup doesn't work!
For solve this, install the "TWRP Manager" app and go backup page, done!!!
(If you need set SElinux in permissive mode please read below).

3. Set SElinux to permissive mode for ever!

Download "Terminal IDE" app.
Open it and run this:
(please, type a command at a time)
Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw /system
mkdir /system/su.d
echo "#!/system/bin/sh" > /system/su.d/permissive.sh
echo "setenforce 0" > /system/su.d/permissive.sh
echo "0" > /sys/fs/selinux/enforce
chmod 755 /system/su.d/permissive.sh

restart your device, done!

4. Install Xposed Frameworks
Follow this step >> http://xdaforums.com/huawei-p9lite/how-to/guide-xposed-p9-lite-t3425315 and chose this version >> http://dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/sdk23/arm64/xposed-v86-sdk23-arm64.zip (xposed-v86-sdk23-arm64 work fine, no battery drained).

5. Best Xposed module worked fine
Here are some useful and functional modules (not exhaustive list..)

-Amplify (for battery saving)
-Greenify (for battery saving)
-BootManager (for chose your apps in start on boot)
-Play Store Changelog (to display your apps and update at the opening of the Play Store)
-WiFiKeyView (view your wifi key in new tab at wifi setting. Little bug your key is not visible but copy your key and past on a note worked)
-XInternalSD (chage the path to dowload file from Chrome >> external SD) (work on other app ;))
-VolumeSteps+ (If you find that your volume increases too quickly, This module add steps in the volume bar! Customisable)
-ActivityForceNewTask (Force app open in correct app)
-Force Immersive Mode (Force immersive mode in your app, customisable)
-VirtualSensor (Material emulation of gyroscop, not worked with pogo ;) dev running for this isue)
-AdBlocker and Lucky Patcher Module (I'm not sure that really works..)

6. Use your External SD on Internal (Full supported!!)
This trick enable the official feature "adoptable storage" on your Marshmallow with EMUI. better than Link2SD.

-Connect your device in your PC.
-Run ADB and run this comand:
Code:
adb shell
sm list-disks
you will see a number, that is the identifier of your SD card. For example "159,49".
Run this comand (replace YOUR_SD_IDENTIFIER :)):
Code:
sm partition disk:YOUR_SD_IDENTIFIER mixed:50

Done, your external SD have 50% of memory for external and 50% for internal emulation.
Next, appointment in your storage settings and check the total capacity of the device! It may appear 0.00 o available, it's just a visual bug don't worries ;)
Use a "DiskInfo" app or a file explorer for see correctly values.

7. BONUS play the walking dead season 1 and 2 on your P9 lite
I love this game! But device not suported..
the only solution is to take a file from the game with the unlocked level ...
Version named "Mali".

I hope you enjoyed my guide if you have questions or other tricks leave a comment.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Zeruno

Jun 25, 2016
Hold volume up/down and power button for a long time.... Update starts automatically after this.

I was trying this some time ago...

With TWRP, I was just getting booted into TWRP. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is it just me? I would appreciate any suggestions.

Therand

Sep 1, 2016
Thank you Snapdesign, If you have more info to add , I would edit the post and I would quote you.

Zeruno, TWRP, stock recovery and stock updater some many diferent. if you don't remove it, you have full acces on it.

Your device is shutdown, hold volume up + volume down + power and don't release it before the updater screen appears!
normally it works...

Zeruno

Jun 25, 2016
Thank you Snapdesign, If you have more info to add , I would edit the post and I would quote you.

Zeruno, TWRP, stock recovery and stock updater some many diferent. if you don't remove it, you have full acces on it.

Your device is shutdown, hold volume up + volume down + power and don't release it before the updater screen appears!
normally it works...

Yep there's my problem -- updater screen never comes but TWRP loads instead. I wonder if there is some adb command?! That would solve a problem.

Therand

Sep 1, 2016
i do not think there is an command to go in the updater..
Wait for a more positive response from another user

Or try this at your risk...
Put any file for update (update.app, META-INF, ...) On a .zip archive named "update.zip" and place in your adb folder.
Connect your device on PC launch adb and run this:
Code:
Adb reboot bootloader
Wait for see bootloader screen and run:
Code:
Adb sideload update.zip

I not tested personally this method...

Last edited:

Ridwan Sameer

Jul 27, 2011
Otherwise place a folder named "dload" into you external or internal SD card and put update file (unzipped) on this folder.
Update for VNS-L31C432BXXX to VNS-L31C432B130 dual-sim, european version here >> https://www.hidrive.strato.com/lnk/H2ljl9lt
Turn off your device.

If your device is bricked, do not format the partition (except dalvik and cache) and go update (this update is a full version, your system will be restored).

Is this the procedure if your phone is rooted but you still want to install the OTA? (My current situation)

Therand

Sep 1, 2016
This method work on a rooted and no-rooted device.
The root "disable" the OTA function.

Don't try OTA on stock app update in your setting if your device is rooted. :)

asusgarb

Jul 4, 2010
The trick to use ext sd to increase space works with both stock and root or only with root?

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

Therand

Sep 1, 2016
This trick no need a su promp comand.
Su command is only available for root user.

Trick work on no root acces ;)

EDIT: im not sur if adb shell work for guest user.. try it

Last edited:

SwH.85

Apr 22, 2011

Turn off your device.

Hello,
will this trick work even with TWRP recovery or only with stock recovery? is there any other way to install OTA updates if I have TWRP and root?

Last edited:

Therand

Sep 1, 2016
Hello,
will this trick work even with TWRP recovery or only with stock recovery? is there any other way to install OTA updates if I have TWRP and root?

This trick work on a rooted or stock device.
Work only with stock updater.

Is not possible to update with OTA if your device is rooted, no isue.
If you proced a manual install, your device lost the root and your bootloader re-lock automatically.
Possible to re-unlock and re-root after this update.

Reactions: SwH.85

Nomatrix

Aug 14, 2016
Lisboa

Therand

Sep 1, 2016
I'm with xposed-v86.0-sdk23-arm64 by-wanam, but in fact i see in xposed the oficial xposed-v86-sdk23-arm64.zip showing as compatible with huawei devices.

So, how can i change it, in a safe way?

Version 86 by wanam possible drain battery faster...
For use version 86 unmodifier follow steps:

1. Unistall your framework with this zip file >> http://dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/uninstaller/xposed-uninstaller-20160829-arm64.zip flash zip with TWRP recovery and reboot.

2.Install the v86 framework with TWRP recovery, reboot

3. Done ;)

Reactions: Nomatrix

velimirs22

Dec 13, 2015
Hi guys, I have two questions. First, how can I move apps data from internal memory to SD card? And second, does our phone have a front camera flash? Thanks :)

Last edited:

Kyrok

Mar 24, 2012
Aachen
so it is possible to use my sd card as internal storage? how will this be displayed in my os?
does it just think of it as 1 bigger internal sd or something else? just want to make sure before buying the phone :).
also, is the huawei p9 lite a good phone to be rooted and used with custom firmware (e.g. supportive community etc.)

thank you very much in advance for answers!
have a nice day everybody

Potato997

May 20, 2016
so it is possible to use my sd card as internal storage? how will this be displayed in my os?
does it just think of it as 1 bigger internal sd or something else? just want to make sure before buying the phone :).
also, is the huawei p9 lite a good phone to be rooted and used with custom firmware (e.g. supportive community etc.)

thank you very much in advance for answers!
have a nice day everybody
Adoptable storage for SD card is not available in stock firmware due to EMUI security policy. But you can do it in custom firmware based on AOSP.
P9 Lite has fully functional CyanogenMod, SlimRom, Resurrection Remix, MedRom (based on stock EMUI 4.1.1 Android 6) and Revolution OS ( Bases on stock EMUI 5.0 Android 7).

Reactions: Kyrok

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Today I will introduce the changes you can make to your Huawei P9 lite device.
    These methods have been tested on my VNS-L31C432 and it's work on B130 update and earlier.
    Sorry in advance for my incorrect syntax in inglish, i'am french user ;)

Turn off your device.

2. Unlock Bootloader/install TWRP/Root your device
    Follow this steps >> http://xdaforums.com/huawei-p9lite/how-to/guide-unlock-bootloader-twrp-root-t3405701
    if you have problems to get the unlocking code, log on Huawei site with your Facebook login, CHOOSE your device model and click request the code, enter the requested information, done!

TWRP 3.0.2.0 work but nandroid backup doesn't work!
    For solve this, install the "TWRP Manager" app and go backup page, done!!!
    (If you need set SElinux in permissive mode please read below).

3. Set SElinux to permissive mode for ever!

Download "Terminal IDE" app.
    Open it and run this:
    (please, type a command at a time)
    Code:
    su
    mount -o remount,rw /system
    mkdir /system/su.d
    echo "#!/system/bin/sh" > /system/su.d/permissive.sh
    echo "setenforce 0" > /system/su.d/permissive.sh
    echo "0" > /sys/fs/selinux/enforce
    chmod 755 /system/su.d/permissive.sh

restart your device, done!

4. Install Xposed Frameworks
    Follow this step >> http://xdaforums.com/huawei-p9lite/how-to/guide-xposed-p9-lite-t3425315 and chose this version >> http://dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/sdk23/arm64/xposed-v86-sdk23-arm64.zip (xposed-v86-sdk23-arm64 work fine, no battery drained).

5. Best Xposed module worked fine
    Here are some useful and functional modules (not exhaustive list..)

-Amplify (for battery saving)
    -Greenify (for battery saving)
    -BootManager (for chose your apps in start on boot)
    -Play Store Changelog (to display your apps and update at the opening of the Play Store)
    -WiFiKeyView (view your wifi key in new tab at wifi setting. Little bug your key is not visible but copy your key and past on a note worked)
    -XInternalSD (chage the path to dowload file from Chrome >> external SD) (work on other app ;))
    -VolumeSteps+ (If you find that your volume increases too quickly, This module add steps in the volume bar! Customisable)
    -ActivityForceNewTask (Force app open in correct app)
    -Force Immersive Mode (Force immersive mode in your app, customisable)
    -VirtualSensor (Material emulation of gyroscop, not worked with pogo ;) dev running for this isue)
    -AdBlocker and Lucky Patcher Module (I'm not sure that really works..)

6. Use your External SD on Internal (Full supported!!)
    This trick enable the official feature "adoptable storage" on your Marshmallow with EMUI. better than Link2SD.

-Connect your device in your PC.
    -Run ADB and run this comand:
    Code:
    adb shell
    sm list-disks
    you will see a number, that is the identifier of your SD card. For example "159,49".
    Run this comand (replace YOUR_SD_IDENTIFIER :)):
    Code:
    sm partition disk:YOUR_SD_IDENTIFIER mixed:50

Done, your external SD have 50% of memory for external and 50% for internal emulation.
    Next, appointment in your storage settings and check the total capacity of the device! It may appear 0.00 o available, it's just a visual bug don't worries ;)
    Use a "DiskInfo" app or a file explorer for see correctly values.

7. BONUS play the walking dead season 1 and 2 on your P9 lite
    I love this game! But device not suported..
    the only solution is to take a file from the game with the unlocked level ...
    Version named "Mali".

I hope you enjoyed my guide if you have questions or other tricks leave a comment.
    Thanks!
    nice guide, thinking myself do one like this, but can be improved... add multi user, multi window, calling recorder, substratum/layer support, build.prop mods, smart-e, smart cover etc
    thank you for your help :)

what is aicp?

at the moment i am just confused which model i need to buy, vns-l21 l22 l23 l31 or l53. that's crazy
    Go for the L31, it has 3 GB of RAM.
    AICP is Android Ice Cold Project, it is a custom ROM based on CyanogenMod.
    Hello,

This trick work on a rooted or stock device.
    Work only with stock updater.

Is not possible to update with OTA if your device is rooted, no isue.
    If you proced a manual install, your device lost the root and your bootloader re-lock automatically.
    Possible to re-unlock and re-root after this update.
    Nice tutorial. If someone is looking for the latest ADB to make adoptable storage, download here: https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools.html After all steps mentioned in tutorial, don't forget to visit "Settings -> Advanced settings -> Memory & storage -> [select_your_sd_card] -> Press on Menu -> Select Migrate Data -> You're done.

I can confirm it's working on EMUI. I just made my whole SD card to act as Internal, because I need spaaaaaaaaace. :laugh: