[rom][8/1] paranoidandroid 3.91 | 4.3

Should Paranoid Android change to an AOSP base.

• Yes, AOSP base with a few features from cm

Votes: 277 63.2%
  • NO, stick with a cm base(current base)

Votes: 161 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

aaronpoweruser

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 19, 2007
earth
Im going to lock the thread but first im going to answer some questions. Yes pa 3.0 will be aosp based. Yes it will have hybrid mode. Maybe it will have tablet mode. Yes it will have the cm features we like. Yes it will have features from other Roms we like. Yes it will have brand new awesome features . It will be out when it ready, a week at the earliest (not an eta) . I will update this post with information as I have it. Locked, I will unlock in a few days once things cool off

Get paranoid,
Aaronpoweruser

Last edited:

aaronpoweruser

Jul 19, 2007
earth
State of Paranoia 11/14/12

We have forked all the required repos, for a aosp based pa and are hard at work on getting pa 3.0 ready. I have a grouper repo set up and building! We are still a ways away from giving you the goodness you love, but we do have the following.

Multi-user support on phones!!!
begings of a pa exclusive feature!!!!
Power menu options.
Hybrid rewrite-planed for this weekend.

Stay Paranoid,
aaronpoweruser

najaboy

May 10, 2010
Melbourne, FL
any "round about" eta? early this weekend? late this weekend? late next week?

:cowboy:

When it's good and ready, and not a minute sooner. Never, ever ask for an eta- it's considered rude to do so. The devs primarily do this as a hobby and it's secondary to their real lives.

Aside from that, 4.2 is a pretty significant change that just recently made it to the wild. Getting customizations integrated into it and having it stable isn't going to be something instantaneous nor is the work involved predictable yet. Sit back and wait for the goodness to come on its own schedule.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

aaronpoweruser

Jul 19, 2007
earth
Im not quite sure what you mean by doing one each day? open the thread or close it?

A post with Insight into whats going on with the build . I skipped today with hopes of a test build for today but we are having gapps issues the night is still young but I wouldn't stay up for it most likely won't be till the weekend. I will leave this here tho
a6aputu4.jpg

any "round about" eta? early this weekend? late this weekend? late next week?

:cowboy:

we have a few test builds planned but for official Wednesday at the earliest (not and eta) . Cm isn't done yet and they have way more man power .

I think a new thread should be started for 3.0....anyone else agree?

Agreed

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Jay Aristide

Jun 27, 2011
Dyer, Tennessee
www.daede.com
That's the guy who has absolutely no grasp of the no eta's rule. As soon as the thread was unlocked, I started looking for an ignored post by lightningbug (I have him ignored for this very reason). I saw two, figured one was an eta request. Some people refuse to conform or follow the rules no matter how many times they're politely (or impolitely) advised to.

mvmacd

Nov 2, 2010
Massachusetts
I think a new thread should be started for 3.0....anyone else agree?

Yes +1, too much clutter in this thread already.. :p

And people [who ask for ETAs..] just chill out! Be glad you have 4.1, my Rezound is still stuck on 4.0.3 for now :S [patiently waiting for JB, which is evidently not too far away]

Even if it's 2 weeks before PA 3.0, look at the bright side: most of the apps you use should be updated to fix crashes/bugs etc..
My brother who runs stock 4.2 updated the other day and a few of his [important] apps were not yet updated to work with 4.2.

Reactions: lightninbug

Jay Aristide

Jun 27, 2011
Dyer, Tennessee
www.daede.com
My brother who runs stock 4.2 updated the other day and a few of his [important] apps were not yet updated to work with 4.2.

Like what, out of curiosity? The launchers all updated within about 24 hours, and other than that, I've only come across a couple of media players and boat browser as problem apps.

Curious to know what is and isn't working :)

mvmacd

Nov 2, 2010
Massachusetts
Like what, out of curiosity? The launchers all updated within about 24 hours, and other than that, I've only come across a couple of media players and boat browser as problem apps.

Curious to know what is and isn't working :)

2 that I know of are/were MxPlayer and MC3. [to him those are the most important. lol..] I actually use Mxplayer all the time too :p
I'm sure there are a couple others that didn't work, but he didn't have time to test every single app.

Reactions: Jay Aristide

Jay Aristide

Jun 27, 2011
Dyer, Tennessee
www.daede.com
2 that I know of are/were MxPlayer and MC3. [to him those are the most important. lol..] I actually use Mxplayer all the time too :p
I'm sure there are a couple others that didn't work, but he didn't have time to test every single app.

MX is on my list, too, but Boat Browser is my biggest gripe right now. RockPlayer and MoboPlayer both still work fine, so MX being fragged isn't so bad..

Don't play MC3, but OaC, Horn, Death Dome, Dead Space, and ME:I all work fine :)

mvmacd

Nov 2, 2010
Massachusetts
MX is on my list, too, but Boat Browser is my biggest gripe right now. RockPlayer and MoboPlayer both still work fine, so MX being fragged isn't so bad..

Don't play MC3, but OaC, Horn, Death Dome, Dead Space, and ME:I all work fine :)

What timing! MX updated with 4.2 support.. yay, ok I'm ready for pa3.0.. xD

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

dirtsky

I flashed the 4.2 update today just to see what new features they added to stock. its pretty slick. But i went back to PA 2.5 as its been the most stable so far. Keep up the awesome work cuz this ROM just keeps getting better.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

kernel source

FEATURES for 3.0+,

• Hybrid engine,
      Per app Layout, this will let you choose the UI of any app, that means you can switch apps into their tablet layouts
      Per app Size, scale apps individually, this is especially important if you use tablet apps, go as small or big as you like
      Per app Color, this lets you select statusbar and navbar colors for apps individually, colors will shift when you jump from one app to another
      Hybrid engine makes it possible to use any tablet ready app available on your phone, start with your regular Google apps and see what treasures lie hidden in them and just how well they work on your device.
      You can use hybrid engine to use all available general interface UI's aswell: Phone, Phablet, Tablet. This is safe as milk, we don't change DPI, we don't trash your market, we don't shrink all your apps or force them into layouts, you don't need to edit system files for that.
      Transparent bars and color pickers, new SystemUI drawables thanks to giannisgx89
      Theming Engine
      Statusbar Settings, Lockscreen Settings
      Multiuser support
      Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles
      4.2 Walls and sounds, Google stock apps
      As we merge back our old CMPA feature catalogue this list will grow considerably over the coming weeks
      New holo-styled theme chooser
      T9 dialer
      New papreferences app

DONATIONS,
    to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser

PARANOIDANDROID 2.16 | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode | Click and see

Just in case...

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png

shots_12pk0x.png

BE WARNED, 4.2.0 is not the most bugless android, the issues are known.

INSTRUCTIONS,
    1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET
    3. INSTALL ROM, GAPPS, FIX-IF ANY
    4. WIPE CACHE & DALVIK CACHE
    5. REBOOT
    PA 2.99+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET,
    BUT YOU NEED TO INSTALL GAPPS ASWELL.

Changelogs are on the paranoid andorid google+ page

Know bugs:
    graphical glitch when using pie

CREDITS,
    AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past, heartfelt thanks to all of you!

LINKS,
    Github: www.github.com/paranoidandroid
    Gerrit: review.paranoid-rom.com

BANNERS,

aospa_green_01xq18.png

aospa_green_146qv9.png

aospa_yellow_0h0rxo.png

aospa_yellow_1ukoes.png

aospa_cyan_05kpwq.png

aospa_cyan_1bxo8t.png

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png

aospa_gray_1kwp32.png

State of Paranoia 11/14/12

We have forked all the required repos, for a aosp based pa and are hard at work on getting pa 3.0 ready. I have a grouper repo set up and building! We are still a ways away from giving you the goodness you love, but we do have the following.

Multi-user support on phones!!!
    begings of a pa exclusive feature!!!!
    Power menu options.
    Hybrid rewrite-planed for this weekend.

Stay Paranoid,
    aaronpoweruser